PS4 - AOR GT3 S14 - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 9 - Algarve - 18.12.19 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S14 - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 9 - Algarve - 18.12.19 @8PM UK Time

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018

ROUND 9 - Algarve

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 18 December 2019
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 32 Laps (1 formation lap + 31 race laps)

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying:
Rain
- Race:
Rain

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 07/09/2019 09:00
- Race start time: 07/09/2019 10:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:

Uninformed No Shows:

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
practice race open for business:-

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
don't forget to pack flippers and snorkel :cry:

• Burn
Reactions: FOGGY #7

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
don't forget to pack flippers and snorkel :cry:
And oars for some of the puddles. The one after I think it's turn 2 is horrendous. Done 10 laps purely to learn where puddles form and the answer is everywhere.

Looks like another night of just survive the puddle lottery and not actually racing.

Last edited:

FTR Liam

Reigning AOR PS3 Thursday F1 Champion
Jun 23, 2014
Whats the date of the final round, cause i highly doubt you lot would race on Christmas day?

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Has anyone done some laps? I managed do a 1.52 after the race wednesday.

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Has anyone done some laps? I managed do a 1.52 after the race wednesday.
Matched that first couple laps out the pits but after that the times go way up to 54s and 55s. Only done about 10 laps as it wasn't fun, wasn't enjoyable at all. Track conditions were getting comical with the amount of standing water at apexes and important parts of the circuit. One millimetre off the perfrct line and your sucked off track. Especially the lake in sector one.

One corner (can't remember the number) the puddle at the apex was getting that bad my natural line was taking me off track to avoid it and the game gives me a cut track penalty as a result. So options are time penalty or spin in the puddle.

Going to attempt another practice today to see if it improves at all with some setup changes but I'm not hopeful of it getting any better.

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
Matched that first couple laps out the pits but after that the times go way up to 54s and 55s. Only done about 10 laps as it wasn't fun, wasn't enjoyable at all. Track conditions were getting comical with the amount of standing water at apexes and important parts of the circuit. One millimetre off the perfrct line and your sucked off track. Especially the lake in sector one.

One corner (can't remember the number) the puddle at the apex was getting that bad my natural line was taking me off track to avoid it and the game gives me a cut track penalty as a result. So options are time penalty or spin in the puddle.

Going to attempt another practice today to see if it improves at all with some setup changes but I'm not hopeful of it getting any better.
i have raised this with the cods - it does seem to be a bit much :cry:

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
It's not that bad the puddles is it?
You just have to slow down and not throttle through them like Sakkito.

Reactions: Prehn

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
It's not that bad the puddles is it?
You just have to slow down and not throttle through them like Sakkito.
Its the worst I've seen on the game for me. Went through one of them at 15mph and still spun out. I get wet driving should be a challenge but if its not changed I can imagine a lot of retire to pits going on and very few finishers.

Tested earlier again and it's two puddles that are the problem. Ones unavoidable and that large there's no safe way through as I tried several lines and tried no throttle, light throttle, setup changes etc and nothing helped. The other can be avoided but can result in going off track and the game handing you a time penalty.

And before anyone mentions it. I've triple checked I've the correct lobby settings and had someone else verify that they are correct.

Reactions: Slicker

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
As far left possible. Only done about 40 mins. And it was still possible
I'll give it another try but when I tried that line I was either off on the grass or the next apex is impossible, spits you wide next corner and time penalty again.

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I'll give it another try but when I tried that line I was either off on the grass or the next apex is impossible, spits you wide next corner and time penalty again.
Sure the next corner is tight, but still driveable