PS4 - AOR GT3 S14 - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 9 - Algarve - 18.12.19 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S14 - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 9 - Algarve - 18.12.19 @8PM UK Time

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Its the worst I've seen on the game for me. Went through one of them at 15mph and still spun out. I get wet driving should be a challenge but if its not changed I can imagine a lot of retire to pits going on and very few finishers.

Tested earlier again and it's two puddles that are the problem. Ones unavoidable and that large there's no safe way through as I tried several lines and tried no throttle, light throttle, setup changes etc and nothing helped. The other can be avoided but can result in going off track and the game handing you a time penalty.

And before anyone mentions it. I've triple checked I've the correct lobby settings and had someone else verify that they are correct.
Well... What setup changes did you try? I can drive over these puddles without any problems. But you need neutral toe in and high ride hight

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Well... What setup changes did you try? I can drive over these puddles without any problems. But you need neutral toe in and high ride hight
Just as you've said and with the car ride height maxed out when I was experimenting. Nothing I do changes the reaction with the puddle.

If you have any suggestions feel free to share them with me and I'll try them out myself when I'm next on.

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Maybe sth wrong with differential settings? And btw, what car you drive?

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Maybe sth wrong with differential settings? And btw, what car you drive?
Ferrari. I'll take on board any suggestions you give and try them out next time I'm online which will be Monday most likely.

McKinda

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 25, 2019
I really suffer on this kind of conditions with pad. I'll try to set up the car so I can race instead of being safety car. Since I had a loads of trouble in Sakito you can imagine whats going on @ Algrave... Rain disaster.

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
full swimming practice tonight at 7:00uk - thumbs up for invite

Reactions: Kingma

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
looks that way, yup
Oh well ill look forward to my 8 stop strategy I had in my practice including my sequence of laps that was crash coming out the pits, crash entering the pits, fixing the damage to spin on pit exit again, spin on entry again, fix damage and then decide to just ignore the pit exit and rejoin early lol

I'll make sure I've plenty of choc ices for when I retire to pits tomorrow and Wednesday lol

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Got one question regarding tomorrow following the practice race. Coming out the pits I had no other option but to cut the white line to join thr track without spinning and got handed a 20 second penalty. Would that get removed if it happened tomorrow? @Slicker @Michel--NL

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
Got one question regarding tomorrow following the practice race. Coming out the pits I had no other option but to cut the white line to join thr track without spinning and got handed a 20 second penalty. Would that get removed if it happened tomorrow? @Slicker @Michel--NL
see below

Last edited:

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
Last edited:

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
I'm ready for my Wednesday swim around the algarve. Got my life jacket, oars and emergency dinghy in the boot ready. Hope we can all traverse the conditions and make the most of the race.

Also one thing I noticed last night following someone. Is white lines are there for a reason. Don't know who it was but they were heavily abusing track limits at turn one and turn 4 gaining chunks of time on me. I get conditions are tricky and we're going to run wide now and again (I did myself a couple times) but if you do it 5 laps in a row your clearly abusing the limits to gain time.

Let's have a good one guys to go into the winter break on a high.

Duffinho

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 11, 2019
Idk if I should be happy or sad after leading for 31 laps and ending up in p3 But what a racing, the tactics clearly got in the play pretty much, my tires were out of shape and whoa prehn and nici were pushing. Good job nici on the last lap, didnt want to close the doors on you in the first sector but I lost it and spun a bit, no intention. And in the last sector i was totally out of control of my car after that spin so happy it didnt take you out completely. GG

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Wow.. I enjoyed that. Disappointed to end a great race like that. Had fun nonetheless. The video shows my crash and an uncontrolable car for the last lap. Dont know how the car can drive with 2x 100% suspension damage.