PS4 - AOR GT3 S14 - PS4 Tier 3 - Round 4: Sonoma GP - 13.11.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S14 - PS4 Tier 3 - Round 4: Sonoma GP - 13.11.19 @8pm UK time

Chechum

Formula Karter
Oct 13, 2018
Thank you for your info about tyres. I thought soft ones were faster due to grip and not too high wear (if you do your pit stop at half race, you have to replace them anyway). For qualys, I'll test both compounds.

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
Thank you for your info about tyres. I thought soft ones were faster due to grip and not too high wear (if you do your pit stop at half race, you have to replace them anyway). For qualys, I'll test both compounds.
you shouldn't have to change tyres - just set a pit strategy for repair only, you should only be stationary for 2-6 secs

Reactions: Chechum

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
you shouldn't have to change tyres - just set a pit strategy for repair only, you should only be stationary for 2-6 secs
Soft ones have better grip, but if they get to hot then the grip is gone and you keep sliding.
Hard tyres where designed to go around at least 60 minutes.

Reactions: Chechum

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Hi guys. Unfortunately I cannot participate today in the race. Have family issue. I wish all of you a good race and awesome results. See you after the race!
Thanks for telling us and I hope it is ok with the family (y)

Tomji_

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T4 Champion
Apr 9, 2017
Sorry for the constant leaving and joining guys. Wheel was just non-responsive, despite being fine all week. Just seemed to be something in this session. All the buttons in the menus worked perfectly! I thought exiting the session and rejoining would fix it... then I thought rebooting PS4 would fix it... then I thought it would be OK in the race... nope. That's why I retired.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Michel--NL

Chechum

Formula Karter
Oct 13, 2018
Useless is the word which defines me today. I had loved training for this race, not enough hours but enjoying this challenging track.
Bad qualy as always, good start but very soon a stupid mistake in the downhill to the left. I braked in a too open area and went wide. I was fighting for 6-8th place I think. Some laps later, I oversteer in the double right slow bend. Absolutely useless because I knew I had to be very smooth with the throttle.
Afterwards, very decent, constant pace that brought me to the 6th place, keeping the 7th at 8 seconds behind every lap. Only 8 laps or so remaining. However, one of the most stupid mistakes ever happened. In the straight before the last braking, I crashed against something on the wall next to the pit lane. I was about to brake and didn't realized. I destroyed all the left side of the car.
And worst of all, I forgot to stop the recording pressing Share twice. Impossible to be more dissappointed, now that it seemed that everything would finish ok

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I''m happy with pole and second place :) Didn't know I had the speed on this track.

In the beginning nice fight with @Duffinho. He was to strong and I had to let him go or else I would just make an mistake which would cost me more time.
From that point it was very lonely. Just driving my laps and trying to be consistent.
Got into the pits and it did some repairs..have no idea what, because I had no damage. And stupid me...I pressed the pitlimiter to soon, there are two signs at the exit :eek:
After the pitstop I couldn't get really on the curbs in sector 3 without loosing the back of the car..very frustrating.
Had a little contact with @Pocoyoporsch where I thought he would let me pass before the corner we went both into the corner and bad luck for him he spin. Got 6 wing damage for that..not to much, but the laps after that I couldn't really get the pace going.
Still happy with second and to my surprise I'm leading the championship and i'm finally off from 3 times in a row 4th place :)

Pocoyoporsch

Pro Karter
Feb 1, 2019
I''m happy with pole and second place :) Didn't know I had the speed on this track.

In the beginning nice fight with @Duffinho. He was to strong and I had to let him go or else I would just make an mistake which would cost me more time.
From that point it was very lonely. Just driving my laps and trying to be consistent.
Got into the pits and it did some repairs..have no idea what, because I had no damage. And stupid me...I pressed the pitlimiter to soon, there are two signs at the exit :eek:
After the pitstop I couldn't get really on the curbs in sector 3 without loosing the back of the car..very frustrating.
Had a little contact with @Pocoyoporsch where I thought he would let me pass before the corner we went both into the corner and bad luck for him he spin. Got 6 wing damage for that..not to much, but the laps after that I couldn't really get the pace going.
Still happy with second and to my surprise I'm leading the championship and i'm finally off from 3 times in a row 4th place :)

Sorry @Michel--NL , it was my mistake.........:(:(

Reactions: Michel--NL

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Completely mystified by this game now? I did 15 hours of online practise this week. Got my car down to 31.9 and lots of low 32's within 6 laps of the start with full fuel in practise races. The car felt fantastic and my pace was good compared to people in tier2. I'd taken onboard advice given about tyre/pressures. So I was quietly confident about this one.
Quali….5th although I'd done 30.9 in practise but my highest position to date.
Race.... immediately obvious that something wasn't right? Car was unpredictable and I lost the backend on the fast left hander halfway round the track. (had not done this in practise). No damage, my next few laps were 35's and slow 34's. Where had my pace gone? Back end all over the place, I lost it on the slow right hander, went off track as I was being lapped and decided I was a liability to all the other guys, so stopped. I don't feel its worth all the effort of practise for this to happen come raceday. It's been the same for all the races so far apart from the wet race. Before I give up, I'd like to try with a different car if that's Ok @Michel--NL ?

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
On the transition from quali to race, before hitting ready, reselect/reload your race setup.
I load my race setup after quali, so do you mean I do it twice? I know I had my race setup not quali setup because I had 92l of fuel.

Killg0re NL

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 14, 2018
I load my race setup after quali, so do you mean I do it twice? I know I had my race setup not quali setup because I had 92l of fuel.
I reload race setup after the qualy session, and i even load a different one in the race session, and then i load the race setup again. Sounds stupid, but never had anybissue's again.
Same thing for the strategy.

Last edited: