PS4 - AOR GT3 S14 - PS4 Tier 3 - Round 8: Hockenheim Classic GP - 11.12.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S14 - PS4 Tier 3 - Round 8: Hockenheim Classic GP - 11.12.19 @8pm UK time

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Tomji_

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T4 Champion
Apr 9, 2017
It's amazing how driving with better drivers does wonders for your lap time. In practice I couldn't get below 2:09s, but in qualifying managed to get a 2:07:8, inspired by @BDG_Geo's pace!

Happy with qualifying, starting on the front row, not sure I could have bettered my time.

The race start was good too, got a great run off of the first corner and managed to take Geo on the run down to the first chicane, but I didn't have much trust in my cold tyres, so Geo got back past. Managed to stay on his tail for 5 laps or so but then just lost my pace and then...

IDIOT MODE ACTIVATED. On lap 8, I was coming up to the first chicane, thinking it was the second one (which requires much less braking... and it is the opposite direction :eek:. Hit the kerb and ended up in the barrier with big damage. @Fred Ogega passed me there, then @Michel--NL & @Chechum passed me as I spun trying to get out of the way, dargging my car back. Finally, I still had one more spin in the bank as I entered the stadium complex, allowing @robsterf1 to pass. Down to P6 at this point and I decided to pit.

The pit stop took 1 minute 46 seconds (yes, you can watch it if you want!), didn't bother changing tyres so was going with softs for the whole race. I also fell off the lead lap with Geo, Fred, Michel & Chechum all lapping me and @pasha.proton not far behind. I knew there was no hope of getting a good result then, being 1 minutes 17 behind 11th place!

I just thought I'd get my head down and drive the wheels off that Ferrari. Managed to catch and unlap myself from Chechum, then got lapped by Pasha, but he then spun in front of me and then unlapped myself from Michel as he pitted.

Then I got a bit excited towards the end of the race as I was catching on the back of the field. @Killg0re NL had a spin, allowing me to take P11. Furstratingly, I could only complete 27 laps, as I'm sure with 2 or 3 more laps, I would have passed those in P8, P9 & P10 as I had literally caught Chechum on the last lap, closing 7 seconds. Weirdly, my fastest laps were coming on the softs when they were really worn!

Stupid mistake cost me a podium - just haven't had much joy this season, but let's see what the rest of the season brings - it's just nice to be able to race without wheels disconnects and bugs!

Congrats to those on the podium!

Last edited:

BDG_Geo

F1 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2019
Qualifying P1- i spun the car three times so i was lucky to have put a decent time on the board.my quickest in practice was 2.06.4 so wasnt far off it.was more than happy with that as it was unexpected.in hindsight i dont think pole is the best starting place on the track due to the slipstream.
Race P1- im sorry again guys bout the slow formation lap.i saw phil needed to pit so thot id slow it down so he could rejoin at the back but i didnt know he had to start from the pitlane.i wondered what happened to u mate?
The opening lap @Tomji_ really was on the ball in the first few corners.i knew the long straights would have benefited 2nd and 3rd place due to the slipstream.it was really intense at the start and i loved it mate so thank you.im glad ther wasnt any issues for u like before.after that i just tried to manage my pace and i was consistently in the 2.08s which was my practice pace so more than happy with that as well. @Fred Ogega was catching me and we wer trading lap times for a while.then he pitted and i had to decide to do it after the backmarkers or before so i decided to do it after.by the way the lapped cars were really on the ball as well.lettn me passed at the right times and not fighting me in the corners.i had a near miss with few laps to go and it was soooo close.im surprised i didnt wreck lol the second last lap i t-boned a spinning car.im not sure who it was but wow..as @Michel--NL put it..I :poop: myself and didnt have anywhere to go so i hit u on the side causing one front aero damage.i limped across the line after losing some seconds to fred.thankfully i made it home.love this track..loved the calendar this season.each track really is its own challenge and unique so well done to the cods for that!looking forward to the next one which is in the rain ;)
My stream pov and setup is below..if anyone subscribes or likes the video thank you very much in advance..its really appreciated :)
@Chechum thers the video pal..u should be able to see the set up but if not let me know and i will send it over on here with screenshots ok?i hope it helps :)

Killg0re NL

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 14, 2018
That was interresting.

Didnt do any preparation for this race, so when i found out i was able to compete i had no miles on this track ever, nor the setup. I used quali for changing a setup to this track and to learn it.

So from a party at work (with an high alcoholconsuming energy drinks ;)) straight into the race, was quite challenging.

I was glad i found out i was able to compete in the beginning, and even had P6 for a while by making no mistakes. But eventually the tirepressures dropped, and got the car unbalanced. And somewhere along the way i changed the way how i approached the righthander to the circuit. And parked the car in the wall twice... so when i got that back on track i was allready down p12 again.

But due to the poor (if you can call it like this) preparation i let the faster drivers pass. (Some even 4 times...;)) so youll never have noticed...

weal77

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2018
Really good group this season. Like that people are trying to help each other with advice and set up ideas. In my opinion it means less mistakes from driving a white knuckle ride and closer racing as well.
Id like to maybe have a group lobby sorted once a week to set up for races. I know some guys prefer to do solo runs but running laps with others is good as you get better driving along side others instead of doing hotlaps and then panic when in race scenario. I see that there are some fellow racers from outside UK, But im open for times either early or later if we can make it work.
I can do set ups to an extent. I have set up some quick cars in the past but last couple were very edgy set ups. MY racing part has been grim thus far. lol
Looking to be more competitive next one as i love rain races.

Drop me a PSN : weal77 if you would like to join me for setting up for Algarve. Sandbagging optional.:)

• Agree
Reactions: BDG_Geo and Chechum

weal77

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2018
Had a pretty boring race after lap 7.
What I did learn is that I'm always trying to avoid the curbs...and in the second chicane that costed me around .5 seconds. Need to be more aggressive on these things. Thanks to @pasha.proton for showing me how to do it :)

@weal77 I almost :poop: in the first chicane...I think you totally missed your braking point there ;)
I saw you coming in the mirror and I thought oooo nooo please

Congrats @BDG_Geo on the win (y)

Had a pretty boring race after lap 7.
What I did learn is that I'm always trying to avoid the curbs...and in the second chicane that costed me around .5 seconds. Need to be more aggressive on these things. Thanks to @pasha.proton for showing me how to do it :)

@weal77 I almost :poop: in the first chicane...I think you totally missed your braking point there ;)
I saw you coming in the mirror and I thought oooo nooo please

Congrats @BDG_Geo on the win (y)

LMAO yeah i thought we were at the chicane after the one we were on. Was just glad i didnt hit anyone. I was a torpedo into that 1st chicane. Didnt do much prep for the race but hope to be at least racing with some of you fellas next outing. I had three bad crashes. Was two or three laps down and the car was horrible. I did last minute changes. Not for the better. Iv done that before with same result. lol Would have been best to stick with what i had as i was doing 10's without pushing too hard. Oh well Onto the next one. Just like to have fun with P cars. Im not looking for race wins, Enjoying the racing is more important for me

Chechum

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 13, 2018
Qualifying P1- i spun the car three times so i was lucky to have put a decent time on the board.my quickest in practice was 2.06.4 so wasnt far off it.was more than happy with that as it was unexpected.in hindsight i dont think pole is the best starting place on the track due to the slipstream.
Race P1- im sorry again guys bout the slow formation lap.i saw phil needed to pit so thot id slow it down so he could rejoin at the back but i didnt know he had to start from the pitlane.i wondered what happened to u mate?
The opening lap @Tomji_ really was on the ball in the first few corners.i knew the long straights would have benefited 2nd and 3rd place due to the slipstream.it was really intense at the start and i loved it mate so thank you.im glad ther wasnt any issues for u like before.after that i just tried to manage my pace and i was consistently in the 2.08s which was my practice pace so more than happy with that as well. @Fred Ogega was catching me and we wer trading lap times for a while.then he pitted and i had to decide to do it after the backmarkers or before so i decided to do it after.by the way the lapped cars were really on the ball as well.lettn me passed at the right times and not fighting me in the corners.i had a near miss with few laps to go and it was soooo close.im surprised i didnt wreck lol the second last lap i t-boned a spinning car.im not sure who it was but wow..as @Michel--NL put it..I :poop: myself and didnt have anywhere to go so i hit u on the side causing one front aero damage.i limped across the line after losing some seconds to fred.thankfully i made it home.love this track..loved the calendar this season.each track really is its own challenge and unique so well done to the cods for that!looking forward to the next one which is in the rain ;)
My stream pov and setup is below..if anyone subscribes or likes the video thank you very much in advance..its really appreciated :)
@Chechum thers the video pal..u should be able to see the set up but if not let me know and i will send it over on here with screenshots ok?i hope it helps :)

Oh thanks man! I see you wore SOFT SLICKs both in qualy and the race. Did everybody run with the soft option? I ran with hard tyres during qualy and race. Actually, it's what I've been doing since I read here that you had used hard tyres in previous races.
I'll try your setup this weekend ;)

Reactions: BDG_Geo

BDG_Geo

F1 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2019
Oh thanks man! I see you wore SOFT SLICKs both in qualy and the race. Did everybody run with the soft option? I ran with hard tyres during qualy and race. Actually, it's what I've been doing since I read here that you had used hard tyres in previous races.
I'll try your setup this weekend ;)
Yeh i try and use softs as much as possible but the calender this season has been hotter and tyre management has been really important but all depends on the track temps really.if u know the margins and thresholds it helps alot.one set up might not work for another due to driving style tho.
If i can help with this wednesdays race set up just message me and i will no problem at all mate ;)
And i saw you and fred have subscribed to us on youtube so thank you very much its really appreciated :)
Let me kno if u need screenshots of the set up.

Chechum

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 13, 2018
Yeh i try and use softs as much as possible but the calender this season has been hotter and tyre management has been really important but all depends on the track temps really.if u know the margins and thresholds it helps alot.one set up might not work for another due to driving style tho.
If i can help with this wednesdays race set up just message me and i will no problem at all mate ;)
And i saw you and fred have subscribed to us on youtube so thank you very much its really appreciated :)
Let me kno if u need screenshots of the set up.
You're really nice! thank you again. I'm gonna try to put more hours on the setup and practice! I'll may ask you some things ;)
Thank you also @Khaled77 for telling me you used soft tyres, I've been a bit silly not testing softs :S All these tips make me know I'm still a noob on Project Cars haha Good to know for the next season

• Funny
Reactions: BDG_Geo

Toker_row

Pro Karter
Dec 7, 2017
Try numbing the FFB in game settings Chris. I have Fanatec so cant comment on your issue pal. Is it just vibrating or is it clipping? Clipping is when the wheel clunks heavily. If its the latter i would recommend softer/ Less FFB Or try a different flavour from in game settings. Maybe try that 1st, if its still the same bring down the FFB by 10/20.
Hope this helps
Yeah the rapid L/R oscillating thing is usually a sign of FFB clippping & also happens a lot @Daytona on the high speed curve too, if you switch to the tyre/suspension hud you'll see the FFB graph bottom left of screen just under the N/S/R tyre/susp readout & it will tell you if your wheel is clipping.

Attachments