XB1 - AOR GT3 S14 - Tier 2 - Round 9 - Algarve - 18/12/19 @20.00 UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR GT3 S14 - Tier 2 - Round 9 - Algarve - 18/12/19 @20.00 UK time

PapaBear

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Sep 18, 2018

ROUND 9 - Algarve

Event Information:

Date: Wednesday 18 December 2019
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 32 Laps (1 formation lap + 31 race laps)

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying:

Rain
- Race:

Rain

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 07/09/2019 09:00
- Race start time: 07/09/2019 10:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:

Uninformed No Shows:

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
This time Algarve and 2 rainy sessions...

In dry, Audi rules in Timetrial leaderboards, but in rain Ferrari is strong.
It looks to me I will be struggling on this track and Valerio, Achey, Dalingo or Kazer will fight for a win.
I also want to join a fight for a win, but I have to see what my Lambo is capable of on this track in wet conditions.
Valerio, will you post your time in wet when you practice? I don't know when I will find time to practice, I see many occupied evenings in upcoming days :/

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
I had a chance to drive a bit and I broke under 1:53... Anybody?

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Well... I know exactly where I am :D... On the top of the leaderboard, ba-dum-tss :D

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Yeah, I know Audis and Ferraris are OP in wet. So watch your mirrors mate :p Yellow divebomb's coming! :p

PS. So how much you like wet? Like 1:52, 1:51 or 1:50? :p

Valerio

Formula Karter
Nov 1, 2019
Difficult to say. Every time I restart grip is different. We can plan a free practice session if you like.

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
But what's your best ever from all your sessions?
My sessions are spontanious, so can't plan exact time to synchronize with you. Maybe Sunday 23:00 cet, but not sure yet

Valerio

Formula Karter
Nov 1, 2019
1.50.742 - but I am not sure what happened there... 1st of 120 AI was lapping at 1.46.xxx on that session. Then after restarting, AI laps at 1.54, sometimes 1.50.

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Wow... And was that all during first 2-3 laps? I also see that sometimes there are no puddles at the beginning, sometimes this first puddle is on the whole width already.
Anyway, below 1:51 is very nice! This is only in my potential :)

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Anyone tested during a weekend? I thought I would be able yesterday, but finally didn't have enough power and I chose going to bed :)

Maybe today, but I won't be free earlier than 23:30, so it won't be long session

Valerio

Formula Karter
Nov 1, 2019
It seems that there will be a lake, just outside the pit exit. What's the rule for cutting the pit lane white lane? Do we have to go through the puddle, or can we safely ignore the game warnings for crossing the pit lane exit?

cc/ @willyblackhamer @PapaBear

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
I read in other forums that Stewards want to disable pit lane exit warnings

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
@Valerio how did your yesterday's practice go? My wife had a bad mood yesterday and she said she's not gonna leave me TV :p So no there was no practice for me :(

Valerio

Formula Karter
Nov 1, 2019
It was ok. Most likely there will be a tyres change so pitting too early / too late could definitely affect the race this time.
There's an unavoidable lake on pit lane exit which will make you spin no matter what. Same goes for the puddle at T3 towards the end of the race.