XB1 - AOR GT3 S14 - XB1 - Media Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR GT3 S14 - XB1 - Media Thread

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Was it ever discussed to count only top 9 or top 8 results from a season? Would be nice because of disconnections and other issues like I had today - my wheel turned off because of overheat...

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Well I also have this feeling that I saw this rule somewhere, but I can't find it in rules nor in league info

willyblackhamer

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jul 24, 2018
Was it ever discussed to count only top 9 or top 8 results from a season? Would be nice because of disconnections and other issues like I had today - my wheel turned off because of overheat...
There will be one "drop week" where your worse result or missed race will not count

Reactions: Shnoo80

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Guys, one thing bothers me a lot. When I create a custom race, I set conditions as they're suppose to be in our league and when I practice alone in the track I can do 1-2 sec better lap times compared to custom race with 10 opponents. I read that more opponents on xbox influence performance, but I am wondering if it is the same for online races? It shouldn't as everyone "simulate" their drive on own machine.

willyblackhamer

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jul 24, 2018
Guys, one thing bothers me a lot. When I create a custom race, I set conditions as they're suppose to be in our league and when I practice alone in the track I can do 1-2 sec better lap times compared to custom race with 10 opponents. I read that more opponents on xbox influence performance, but I am wondering if it is the same for online races? It shouldn't as everyone "simulate" their drive on own machine.
Your best bet is to set up a private online lobby to practice bud

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Probably yes, but in custom race I can restart as many times I want, I quickly change setup and I am back on the start with warm tyres :D

BoblereN

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 10, 2016
But it does not help you a bit when the car will feel different in an online session.. I only do my practice in online session and with no Ais to impact performance... I find that my pace and feeling of the car is more or less the same on race night as for practice... dirty air does influence the car performance and when people are on the limit touching grass, gravel a bit some of it will also impact the traction in those areas.. Key is to adapt quickly to conditions and remain calm, though you might lack pace... if you start in the race to catch lost pace you will most likely end up off the track, worst case damage the car... I was off the pace at Texas, accepted it remained calm and did what I could do (head down) and managed a win being far from the quickest around the track..

Reactions: willyblackhamer

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Sonoma is the track where probably there will be lot of spins. Consistency will be the key.
And start is so crucial, Cars on the outside of T1 (starting on the rignt) will have tough beginning )

p4thos

GP2 Reserve Driver
Feb 15, 2018
Lol to be honest, that was a split time decision, to mitigate the slowdown penalty :LOL:

IsaacS04

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 25, 2019
When exactly? I was quickly through p4thos' stream and didn't find any crash after T4... unless you talking about sth else?
Me and willyblackhamer crashed on the first lap at the uphill left hander in the exact same fashion. But he did a better job of saving the car than me!

Reactions: Shnoo80

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Races 3 & 4 from my PoV:

Texas (2nd half of a race as a spectator, after my wheel turned off):

Sonoma (my first win in AOR):