XB1 - AOR GT3 S14 - XB1 Tier 1 - Round 2 - Laguna Seca - 30.10.19 @8pm UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR GT3 S14 - XB1 Tier 1 - Round 2 - Laguna Seca - 30.10.19 @8pm UK Time

willyblackhamer

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 24, 2018

ROUND 2 - Laguna Seca

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 30 October 2019
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 44 Laps (1 formation lap + 43 race laps)

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying:
Clear
- Race start:
Clear

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 21/04/2019 13:00
- Race start time: 21/04/2019 14:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any inquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards inquiry - however if inquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:
- @spartan118fr

Uninformed No Shows:

Last edited:

p4thos

F1 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
Xbox One community is a very quiet one... :D

When We signup for the league, We agreed to be active in the forum, and it's fun to share some tips and thoughts about the races. In my opinion, there's no fun in just showing for the race... Or just asking for lap times... But I respect who think otherwise.

About Laguna Seca, I just love this track... Allways give me the feeling of brands hatch (the american bands hatch)... Don't know about you guys, but I think this will be a very fun race, with constant overtakes ;)

Reactions: willyblackhamer

KhaosTheory29

F1 1st Driver
Aug 10, 2015
Xbox One community is a very quiet one... :D

When We signup for the league, We agreed to be active in the forum, and it's fun to share some tips and thoughts about the races. In my opinion, there's no fun in just showing for the race... Or just asking for lap times... But I respect who think otherwise.

About Laguna Seca, I just love this track... Allways give me the feeling of brands hatch (the american bands hatch)... Don't know about you guys, but I think this will be a very fun race, with constant overtakes ;)
Laguna seca is a fun track if you get it right but can go wrong really fast I enjoy the track just hope for a clean race this week which should make the race alot better.

• Agree
Reactions: p4thos

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Hey, greetings from Tier2 :)
Our tier is even more quite one, so I move to chat here :)
Laguna seca is one of few tracks that I like in tv, but don't like to drive at :)
I saw in season 11 that P1 on xbox had 1:20.6. I practiced for few hours yesterday and did 1:23.3 but still can improve it for 0.5 to maybe even 1.0 if I do a perfect lap. But in TT mode, not in the conditions of our race.
First double tight left is very hard, it is easy to brake too late and lose 0.2-0.3.
Braking before blind chicane is also tricky, really admire all who can go under 1:21 here.
Jardier told in his stream that he is capable.of.doing 1.20.2, so 2.5 sec less than my potential. Looks unreal!

BoblereN

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 10, 2016
Yeah well, speaking of tips I would say keep a little margin to a few of the curbes around the track.. They can easily spin your car around if you use too much of them.. Keep at least the entire tire surface on the curb, don't let it run wide and get caught on the backside of the curb :)
I have mixed feelings with the track, both like it and dislike it.. Hope it will go more to the like side after next race ;)

Reactions: Shnoo80

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
How about gears?
Do you use 1st gear? Especially in last corner? I don't, because I didn't find it gives more acceleration, but makes more probability od loosing grip.

And I can't find a good way to pass turn 5. Do you recommend late braking and late apex there, or keep the inside as soon as possible? And 2nd or third gear?

BoblereN

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 10, 2016
Actually i haven’t driven any laps yet.. I reckon I would go for first, not for the acceleration but to enable the last bit of rotation.. As I did with 2nd gear going into T1 at the Glen.. Feel I can carry more speed into the corner without compromising the exit ;) if that makes any sense

willyblackhamer

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 24, 2018
How about gears?
Do you use 1st gear? Especially in last corner? I don't, because I didn't find it gives more acceleration, but makes more probability od loosing grip.

And I can't find a good way to pass turn 5. Do you recommend late braking and late apex there, or keep the inside as soon as possible? And 2nd or third gear?
Deffo first gear for the last corner, also late apex turn 5 as much as possible and ideally 3rd gear, it's just understeer city if you carry too much speed into the corner lol got on for half an hour there, I'd say low 22and under for quali and 23 ish for race maybe? Lol
Oh and for braking at the corkscrew, just on the crest and even bite 1st to help stop the car ;)

Murdo123

Formula Karter
Feb 18, 2019
It’s got to be one of the first tracks anyone interested in cars ever raced on a console? @willyblackhamer I agree with Gran Turismo 3 haha! Also agree that the kerbs are very risky, because they’re all so small next to dirt.

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Run some laps today. Did 1:23 with racefuel.
Can you do constant 1:23.0 with race fuel? With 90 lires I am able to do constant 1:24.5, occasionally go under 1:24.0, but more often over 1:25.0.

BTW I discovered, that increasing rear toe-in caused my car is more stable, but a bit understeer in high speed corners.
So I have bit slower lap times, but less rear spins

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
@p4thos , well that's the difference between tier 1 and 2 then :)
Wish you luck then.
I hope this 1.5 seconds difference comes from more experience, not from talent :)

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
BTW, we can move with this discussion one level up to talk in media forum. It is common for both tiers and it is for:

AOR Project CARS 2 GT3 Leagues - Season 14
Tips, Setups and Media Thread

Hello drivers!

Most of us are are in the search for tips, setups or videos of races to improve our race pace.
This is also the place where you can promote you'r own race highlights or streams.

Any help on tips, setups or video streams is appreciated :)