XB1 - AOR GT3 S14 - XB1 Tier 1 - Round 2 - Laguna Seca - 30.10.19 @8pm UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR GT3 S14 - XB1 Tier 1 - Round 2 - Laguna Seca - 30.10.19 @8pm UK Time

BoblereN

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 10, 2016
Just to let you guys know, if at some point I will park my car during the race it will be because I will be alone during the race supervising 3 sleeping kids... :) Hopefully that will not happen, but in such case I will park the car at a safe zone and retire to the pits (as I guess the car will be disqualified for parking anyways). Don't be afraid that it's due to bad network connections if a black/red/green audi is parked ;) no worries.

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
@BoblereN I know what you're talking about :)
I always start qualifying with 2 kids (4 and 8 y.o.) and ... they're not sleeping.
My wife returns home aprox 20 minutes after qualy starts, so right about race starts.
But week ago and this week she can't be back that early, so I have to "supervise" them from behind the wheel. My way to manage it is to put them into parent's bed and play them some cartoons. I told them that they can't talk to me when I race and 4 years old son has to ask for everyhing he wants (normally the only thing he wants is to drink) her older sister.

BUT, last time, just before the qualy started, he comes to me and says "Daddy, I made a poo into my pijama pants...." Damn... I told him to go to bathroom, which caused that he dropped his load on the floor ://
That was a challenge to clean all up before qualy started :p But I made it yey :D

How old are your kids? It determines a lot :p If any of them is less than 3, than it is not that easy to just told them "don't call daddy" :p

BoblereN

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 10, 2016
Haha, funny story.. Yeah, my kids are 6, 2 and 1... All of the put to bed and sleeping when qualy starts.. But I can't control that the 2 or 1 year old wont wake up and start a sirene... So if the baby alarm goes off, I have to go and probably provide them with a bid of water, put them back to bed again and then return :p But hopefully this will be the only race where my girlfriend is not at home during wednesday evening :)

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Huh, 2 and 1 can make a sirene at anytime, that's true :D
Well, I suggest to put the car on 1st gear somehere where there is longest part of off-track descending part and hope it won't be dsq for too little progress :p

willyblackhamer

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 24, 2018
Just to let you guys know, if at some point I will park my car during the race it will be because I will be alone during the race supervising 3 sleeping kids... :) Hopefully that will not happen, but in such case I will park the car at a safe zone and retire to the pits (as I guess the car will be disqualified for parking anyways). Don't be afraid that it's due to bad network connections if a black/red/green audi is parked ;) no worries.
Your best bet bud is to go to the pits, your car will be safely stopped with no chance of rolling out onto track also u won't be retired due to lack of progress in game. And u have to pit anyways lol
Last season I pitted, changed a dirty nappy, got a bottle of milk and put the baby back down to sleep and still managed to get 3rd place LMAO (2yr old lol)

Reactions: BoblereN

p4thos

F1 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
After loosing ffb on the wheel.. been forced to reconnect the wheel… start on the end of the grid... race my way into position 2... spun on the worst place possible and end up in position 5... I don't know… You tell me how I feel… :cry::cry::cry:

Murdo123

Pro Karter
Feb 18, 2019
After loosing ffb on the wheel.. been forced to reconnect the whell… race my way into position 2, spun on the worst place possible and end up in position 5... I don't know… You tell me how I feel… :cry::cry::cry:
Unlucky mate!

• Agree
Reactions: p4thos

KhaosTheory29

F1 1st Driver
Aug 10, 2015
My opinion is the driving standards need to improve in this teir we are ment to be teir 1. We should be able to have close racing where you dont have to watch you mirrors all the time for a random dive bomb or an attempted dive bomb that doesn't work out.

Reactions: willyblackhamer

Grabovac88

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 9, 2019
For f*** sakes, a night with technical issues.
Started the session with headset issues, so couldn’t use them, I survived.
But on lap 36 my tv decided to restart. So for 20 seconds I had black screen.
I almost **** myself. Driving towards a corner with almost 200 kph, and then just black.
Sorry If I caused any issues for anybody

• Scared
Reactions: BoblereN

BoblereN

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 10, 2016
My opinion is the driving standards need to improve in this teir we are ment to be teir 1. We should be able to have close racing where you dont have to watch you mirrors all the time for a random dive bomb or an attempted dive bomb that doesn't work out.
Yeah, we should be able to have close racing for sure... To be honest, as these have been my first 2 races in AOR PCARS 2 league, I haven't experienced any reckless driving.
It seems like a general thing you are referring to, why don't grap a few exambles and lets discuss them as a group/community. video footage would be appreciated (then everyone can learn) and I guess we are all eager to learn in this kind of "esport" :)

Personally, I would love to have the discussion and yelling removed from the chat, no one likes to be overtaken or end up in the gravel. It dosen't really serve any purpose that someone is swearing in the chat and accusing one another during the race.. Record the damn thing, discuss it afterwards, take it to the stewards if needed... I believe in many cases, considering what you as a driver could do better is always the way forward...

I'm sorry I flashed the lights up the main straight, guess I forgot about the rules for a moment there (feel free to add a penalty to my record if needed), my intentions was good. Seen the other way around, why can't you flash the lights to distract a driver you're battling when you can shout at him on the chat, dosen't really make sense to me, I would say it is less distracting to be flashed at than someone saying "Don't even think about it" on the radio. Just an examble..

Talking about dive bombs.. Haven't experienced anyone and don't know if someone are actually accusing me to be a dive bomb myself :p. But be aware, that when I was racing behind you fairly closely the first 1/4 of the race, there was a few times you opened the door into T1 on the inside, where I could have gone for an overtake being late on the brakes. Had it been myself in front and I left the door open, someone dived into that open area, I would not accuse the attacking car, I would accuse myself for leaving the door open, and I would never think about closing the door by going for a tight apex, as it would be my own mistake to leave a highway open for another car to attack.. I would leave just enough space, maybe even a bit more as to avoid a potential accident, it is hard to have good orientation around the car in a sim...

My lack of consistency saddens me... Yesterday all on me, only managed to do something like 15-20 practice laps just before the race, not really the ideal preperation before a race.. and adjusting the racing line in the race is not really ideal..

Congrats to the guys on the podium, great job! Looking forward to the next one, hopefully with a bit more practice before the race :)

Gerymaster_HUN

3 times AOR XB1 GT3 champion
May 26, 2019
Same here guys @p4thos & @BoblereN. I do like to race alone, without any voices from the chat. We have plenty of time post-race to discuss any problems or misunderstandings or happenings. Talking and even "shouting" during a race isn't ideal for the drivers :)
See you on the track, guys ;)

Gerymaster_HUN

May 26, 2019
Hello guys! Does anybody have a replay of the race? If yes, could you please share with me? Many thanks :)

BoblereN

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 10, 2016
Only up for discussion: Was it just me, or was the track penalties extremely harsh to clear? I got 3 seconds throughout the race, and in the same sector I had the warning I liften and gave up 2-3 seconds in the same sector, still the warning was not cleared and I was given further +1sec :)
How do you deal with it, are you just flooring it and taking the 1 second, or can the penalty be removed better than lifting throttle 200m before breaking? :)

Gerymaster_HUN

May 26, 2019
I have to say yes...the penalties, even the slow downs are so strange sometimes. You can lose much more time, if you slow down than take the 1-2 sec penalty (of course it has the danger at the end, but you can try it). In my opinion I have no common "plan" for it, mainly depends on a track, and how big the off-track was.
In Laguna Seca both of my penalties was given after a bigger off-throttle, so I lost not only secs, but had a penalty, as well :(

BoblereN

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 10, 2016
In my opinion is way better to take the penalty... you loose more time lifting... another PCars issue...
Yeah, was my conclusion also after the race.. Also, it is also more safe to do so. Not easy for a car to behind to know that you're suddenly going slow.
I guess the best way is just to avoid the penalties in general ;)