XB1 - AOR GT3 S14 - XB1 Tier 1- Round 4 - Sonoma GP - 13.11.19 @8pm UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR GT3 S14 - XB1 Tier 1- Round 4 - Sonoma GP - 13.11.19 @8pm UK Time

willyblackhamer

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jul 24, 2018

ROUND 4 - Sonoma GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 13 November 2019
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 40 Laps (1 formation lap + 39 race laps)

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying:
Hazy
- Race:
Hazy

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 15/05/2019 05:00
- Race start time: 15/05/2019 06:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:
- @EVS Val55 @spartan118fr

Uninformed No Shows:

Last edited:

willyblackhamer

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jul 24, 2018
Anyone done any laps yet? What times are we looking at? I did like 3-4 laps but changed the setup so the car is very tail happy on throttle lol doing around 1:30's with 50ltr, don't know if that's any good though lol

KhaosTheory29

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 10, 2015
Anyone done any laps yet? What times are we looking at? I did like 3-4 laps but changed the setup so the car is very tail happy on throttle lol doing around 1:30's with 50ltr, don't know if that's any good though lol
Done none yet mate will be doing some tomorrow night but them lap times dont sound to bad from what I have seen on the ps4 and pc side of things.

willyblackhamer

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jul 24, 2018
Ah not too bad then, I've got the car to oversteer nicely on throttle now, I can take the downhill lefthander full throttle!

Gerymaster_HUN

AOR XB1 GT3 S13 T2 Champion
May 26, 2019
I agree with you guys. The tyre heat is tough, but for me mainly in the front...AMG and the heavy nose rulez :D
The times are also the same, between high 29's and high 30.0's depends on fuel. But the changes in understeering and oversteering during a lap is just crazy :unsure:

BoblereN

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 10, 2016
I did some laps tonight... If I can go below 1.31 during the race I will be very happy... I guess it will only be on the first couple of laps if that’s going to happen, just before the tires light up

KhaosTheory29

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 10, 2015
The only corner I'm struggling with understeer on is the exit of 8A on a track diagram the fast s bends towards the end of the lap

EVS Val55

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 8, 2019
Hello, unfortunately I still can not touch the wheel .. If you have a reserve driver who can take my place go there because I risk can not be there for the next two races.
Sorry for the inconvenience

Reactions: willyblackhamer

p4thos

GP2 Reserve Driver
Feb 15, 2018
Good luck everyone! Let's hope for some clean and close racing today! Race is long, so... Let's do the best to keep it clean ;)

NCUK2002

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 29, 2019
Some good cleaning racing guys. Sorry Gery for the very high speed 360 infront of you in the second from last corner. Thought i was a gonna.

BoblereN

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 10, 2016
Mixed race feeling for this one.. On lap 3, beginning of sector 3 down the bends a popup showed up "Controller disconnected, reconnect and press ok"... Quite surprised and not really understanding what was going on I just quickly pressed the "A" button and I though hell I was lucky... Managed to regain control of the car and didn't give up any positions or caused any accidents.. (could easily have happened in a braking zone).... Anyway, 2-3 seconds later, it happend again.. This time unable to reconnect, and at this time the car was doing 200 kph... smash into the wall and I had to get out of my seat, go to the xbox reconnect the damn usb and make sure the connector on the cable and the base was connected properly..

When I got out of the pits I was more than 1 lap down on eveyone, but I figured that some points might be up for graps.. if someone was forced to do 2 stops then the pitlane was very long..

pace was not good after rejoining from the pits, maybe because it was hard to keep motivation to push being that far behind... Towards the end I saw a small chance of catching P7, and going through the lap times I took off 0.6-0.9 s in average per lap towards the end but it wasn't enough and only accidents would have been able to bring me any higher up the grid..

One thing was positive though, consistency... Might have been a bit slow but I had no mistakes..

@Copper Nuts08 - You were lucky not to cause an accident on LAP20 when you entered the pits.. Madness to start your braking on the racing line, knowing you have a car inches away from your rear bumber.. Jeezz I nearly **** my pants and crashed both of us in the attempt to avoid a collision.. Even feel lucky that I managed to regain control of my own car, as I had to throw it to the opposite site of the track in a tenth of a second..

Last edited:
Reactions: Grabovac88

Gerymaster_HUN

AOR XB1 GT3 S13 T2 Champion
May 26, 2019
Some good cleaning racing guys. Sorry Gery for the very high speed 360 infront of you in the second from last corner. Thought i was a gonna.
No problem @NCUK2002 ;) I made almost the same mistake in that corner some laps before you. Hit the curb at 200+, which took me to the wall, that cost me a 1 minute long pit stop and the chance to take the 3rd place (maybe :D ). But @p4thos was so damn quick again, so that wouldn't too easy.
Well, the race started good, went up to 3rd place, but after my pit my lap times dropped off by half a second...15 laps later I found the good speed and kept my position, but made 2 amateur mistakes, so finally 6th position is not so bad afterall :)

Last edited: