XB1 - AOR GT3 S14 - XB1 Tier 1- Round 4 - Sonoma GP - 13.11.19 @8pm UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR GT3 S14 - XB1 Tier 1- Round 4 - Sonoma GP - 13.11.19 @8pm UK Time

Copper Nuts08

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 1, 2016
Mixed race feeling for this one.. On lap 3, beginning of sector 3 down the bends a popup showed up "Controller disconnected, reconnect and press ok"... Quite surprised and not really understanding what was going on I just quickly pressed the "A" button and I though hell I was lucky... Managed to regain control of the car and didn't give up any positions or caused any accidents.. (could easily have happened in a braking zone).... Anyway, 2-3 seconds later, it happend again.. This time unable to reconnect, and at this time the car was doing 200 kph... smash into the wall and I had to get out of my seat, go to the xbox reconnect the damn usb and make sure the connector on the cable and the base was connected properly..

When I got out of the pits I was more than 1 lap down on eveyone, but I figured that some points might be up for graps.. if someone was forced to do 2 stops then the pitlane was very long..

pace was not good after rejoining from the pits, maybe because it was hard to keep motivation to push being that far behind... Towards the end I saw a small chance of catching P7, and going through the lap times I took off 0.6-0.9 s in average per lap towards the end but it wasn't enough and only accidents would have been able to bring me any higher up the grid..

One thing was positive though, consistency... Might have been a bit slow but I had no mistakes..

@Copper Nuts08 - You were lucky not to cause an accident on LAP20 when you entered the pits.. Madness to start your braking on the racing line, knowing you have a car inches away from your rear bumber.. Jeezz I nearly **** my pants and crashed both of us in the attempt to avoid a collision.. Even feel lucky that I managed to regain control of my own car, as I had to throw it to the opposite site of the track in a tenth of a second..
I was all the over to the left hand side of the track when I was entering the pits man and have to kinda slow down and I called out I was going into the pits ,your either deaf or didn't have your headset on your job to stay clear ,you were behind me

• Sad
Reactions: Dalingo

BoblereN

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 10, 2016
Copper Nuts08 said:
I was all the over to the left hand side of the track when I was entering the pits man and have to kinda slow down and I called out I was going into the pits ,your either deaf or didn't have your headset on your job to stay clear ,you were behind me
Didn't feel we got this one closed :)
Yeah, I was not listeningen to the chat. So I didn't heard that you called a pit stop.
Unforunate the left side of the track is also the racing line :) And yeah, when I'm behind it is my responsibility to ensure a safe move/overtake attempt... But it is really hard to prepare for a sudden brake on the racing line, I'm pretty sure that the pit lane entry is long enough to handle all the braking... At least I took care of all my braking into the pits in the pit lane, and also why I didn't expect a braking.

But no hard feelings from here, my race was already compromised by the bad connection of the wheel.. I would have been sorry for your sake if yours was ruined as well.

Copper Nuts08

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 1, 2016
Didn't feel we got this one closed :)
Yeah, I was not listeningen to the chat. So I didn't heard that you called a pit stop.
Unforunate the left side of the track is also the racing line :) And yeah, when I'm behind it is my responsibility to ensure a safe move/overtake attempt... But it is really hard to prepare for a sudden brake on the racing line, I'm pretty sure that the pit lane entry is long enough to handle all the braking... At least I took care of all my braking into the pits in the pit lane, and also why I didn't expect a braking.

But no hard feelings from here, my race was already compromised by the bad connection of the wheel.. I would have been sorry for your sake if yours was ruined as well.
It's all good man,it was over for me last week,never had problems before like that when people stayed in chat tho

Reactions: willyblackhamer