XB1 - AOR GT3 S14 - XB1 Tier 1 - Round 8 - Hockenheim Classic GP - 11.12.19 @8pm UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR GT3 S14 - XB1 Tier 1 - Round 8 - Hockenheim Classic GP - 11.12.19 @8pm UK Time

willyblackhamer

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jul 24, 2018

ROUND 8 - Hockenheim Classic GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 11 December 2019
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 28 Laps (1 formation lap + 27 race laps)

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying:
Medium Cloud
- Race:
Medium Cloud

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 08/06/2019 13:00
- Race start time: 08/06/2019 14:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:
- @BoblereN @Grabovac88

Uninformed No Shows:

Last edited:

willyblackhamer

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jul 24, 2018
Important notes for the Hockenheim Classic GP:
1. Since season 11 we are using the in-game cut detection system as the main method of enforcing track limits, however at Turn 1, 2 and 3 (first chicane) the in-game system can occasionally be unreliable. Everyone is reminded that the standard AOR white line rules are still in effect, and that they are still expected to lift to return any gained time, regardless of if the in-game system would clear without lifting.

2. There is an possibility to 'ghost' your car. If for whatever reason your car is ghosted during the qualifying session you need to return to the pits immediately, this will reset your car and you can continue the qualification. Driving around in the qualification with an ghosted car can get you disqualified by the stewards after the race.

View attachment 99233

Gerymaster_HUN

2 times AOR XB1 GT3 champion
May 26, 2019
Yeah, sometimes it's so quiet here.
So, @KhaosTheory29 , I think our lap times should be at about 2:04/2:05 border in quali, and maybe 2:06 in the race. But it will be a gamble in the chicanes with full tank. My AMG is strong on the straights, but in braking zones shakes and during cornering...wooow, just keep shaking :)

KhaosTheory29

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 10, 2015
Yeah, sometimes it's so quiet here.
So, @KhaosTheory29 , I think our lap times should be at about 2:04/2:05 border in quali, and maybe 2:06 in the race. But it will be a gamble in the chicanes with full tank. My AMG is strong on the straights, but in braking zones shakes and during cornering...wooow, just keep shaking :)
Its quite pretty much all the time mate the rear tyres on the lambo get really hot which cause problems in the chicanes and you just end up spinning out.
What sort of speeds are you doing on the straights in the big AMG?

Gerymaster_HUN

May 26, 2019
Same here. The rear tyres getting too hot after some laps. If I apply more cooling, the car slows down, but there is no big difference in tyre temperatures. So it's a good question if it's worth it or not. More downforce is also wrong way, the straight line speed becomes really slow. It will be hard to keep under control the cars during the hole race in every chicane...
My speed reaches 283-284 in quali and about 277-280 in race (without slipstream).

KhaosTheory29

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 10, 2015
Same here. The rear tyres getting too hot after some laps. If I apply more cooling, the car slows down, but there is no big difference in tyre temperatures. So it's a good question if it's worth it or not. More downforce is also wrong way, the straight line speed becomes really slow. It will be hard to keep under control the cars during the hole race in every chicane...
My speed reaches 283-284 in quali and about 277-280 in race (without slipstream).
Dam the AMG is mighty and going to cause some problems in this race I may have to trim more downforce of the lambo lol

• Happy
Reactions: Gerymaster_HUN

Gerymaster_HUN

May 26, 2019
Yeah, it can be nice if I can control it for 60 mins and 28 laps :ROFLMAO: those chicanes are nightmares, and the braking is not so easy from that speed. And without any markers or reference points.

KhaosTheory29

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 10, 2015
Yeah, it can be nice if I can control it for 60 mins and 28 laps :ROFLMAO: those chicanes are nightmares, and the braking is not so easy from that speed. And without any markers or reference points.
Sounds like your having problems in the same places as me mate and having no brake markers is causing problems for me aswell makes it hard to judge where to brake it's going to be a long hard race for us I think.

NCUK2002

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 29, 2019
2.06 is best I've managed so far in the Ferrari. Not quickest car by far but consistent so hopefully will help during the race. I need another wet race

KhaosTheory29

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 10, 2015
2.06 is best I've managed so far in the Ferrari. Not quickest car by far but consistent so hopefully will help during the race. I need another wet race
That lap time should be competitive mate and there is another wet race coming for you bud

Reactions: NCUK2002

Gerymaster_HUN

May 26, 2019
Sounds like your having problems in the same places as me mate and having no brake markers is causing problems for me aswell makes it hard to judge where to brake it's going to be a long hard race for us I think.
And mainly in the last chicane hard to find a fix braking point. And with less fuel it will change lap to lap. And the lack of grip and balance on those huge curbs :oops: we'll see it mate, hope there won't be crashes at least.

Reactions: NCUK2002

KhaosTheory29

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 10, 2015
And mainly in the last chicane hard to find a fix braking point. And with less fuel it will change lap to lap. And the lack of grip and balance on those huge curbs :oops: we'll see it mate, hope there won't be crashes at least.
Yeah I agree mate it is a problem that at this point I'm struggling with. If you dont mind me asking what downforce are you running on the AMG

NCUK2002

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 29, 2019
That lap time should be competitive mate and there is another wet race coming for you bud
Let's hope I can keep my wet race streak up hey fella

I know what you mean about that last chicane, brake an inch to late and you either swap ends or end up on the high kerbs, to early and you risk being out broke.
Fingers crossed it works out OK. Will be about drafting I think.

Gerymaster_HUN

May 26, 2019
Yeah I agree mate it is a problem that at this point I'm struggling with. If you dont mind me asking what downforce are you running on the AMG
First I tried with 0/0, but it was a nightmare after some laps and didn't give me much more speed. So, then I set it to 1/4, now I have some grip (not too much), and the top speed you see above. But don't know if I let it for tomorrow's race, maybe increase it a bit. Just for safety :)

KhaosTheory29

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 10, 2015
First I tried with 0/0, but it was a nightmare after some laps and didn't give me much more speed. So, then I set it to 1/4, now I have some grip (not too much), and the top speed you see above. But don't know if I let it for tomorrow's race, maybe increase it a bit. Just for safety :)
Looks like going to have to run mega low downforce on the lambo to match the AMG speeds just need to try and solve the overheating rear tyres

Gerymaster_HUN

May 26, 2019
And what you guys think about the track cutting, and the slow downs? I see they are a bit strange sometimes and maybe better if you have a penalty than slowing down.