XB1 - AOR GT3 S14 - Xbox1 - Tier 2 - Round 4 - Sonoma GP - 13.11.2019 @ 8.00pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR GT3 S14 - Xbox1 - Tier 2 - Round 4 - Sonoma GP - 13.11.2019 @ 8.00pm UK time

PapaBear

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Sep 18, 2018

ROUND 4 - Sonoma GP
Event Information:

Date: Wednesday 13 November 2019
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 40 Laps (1 formation lap + 39 race laps)

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying:

Hazy
- Race:

Hazy

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 15/05/2019 05:00
- Race start time: 15/05/2019 06:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:

Uninformed No Shows:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Valerio and Shnoo80

Shnoo80

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 8, 2019
AM.
I think there is 24h format used here.

Edit: For example Race 2 had:
● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 21/04/2019 13:00
- Race start time: 21/04/2019 14:00

Reactions: Valerio

oOAcheyThumbsOo

Pro Karter
Aug 2, 2019
What times you guys running? I done about 40 laps yesterday and just broke into the 29s in quali spec but consistently in the 30s.

My tyre wear not as bad as others are reporting.

Shnoo80

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 8, 2019
I do consistantly 1s slower.
Even my potential is not under 1:30, so I don't expect much from this race.
1:31.5 was quickest with race load, but more often it's 1:32

Last edited:

Shnoo80

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 8, 2019
I ask everyone to take special care when exiting pits. In both sessions, qualy and race. This exit is really unfortunate one, so please observe minimap when coming out of pits.
Also pit entry is on the edge. Braking point is just when you are moving out of the racingline, so if someone has a tail it would be wise to go out of throttle earlier, at least 1 second before hitting the brakes, so someone behind will have more time to move to the right.

Reactions: PapaBear

IsaacS04

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 25, 2019
I’m about the same as @Shnoo80 in terms of pace. Although I did get a 1:23 at Laguna seca in qualifying and I had barely even touched the 1:24s in practice. Maybe I can repeat the same this time?

Shnoo80

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Something really strange is going on my side. I did practice of race pace yesterday and I created custom race with no opponents. I put 95L and I did 1:30.7 in one of first 3 laps. Then my pace dropped to 1:32.x for few next laps and then it improved to near 1:31.5... but with possibility to go under 1:31.
I thought, that if I can do 1:30.7 with 95L, then I will try to restart and take only 15L. And best I did was 1:30.5 :/ And I really didn't see any chances of driving faster.

When I restarted the race with 10 opponents, I was doing 1:34.x

So I am pretty confused. I don't know how my race pace is going to look like today. It can be somewhere between 1:30.5 - 1:34.5 LOL

PapaBear

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Sep 18, 2018
I'm busy this morning but I will deal with results and report when I get home this afternoon. Well done last night @Shnoo80

• Agree
Reactions: Shnoo80

Shnoo80

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Thanks man! Well, you made 3 mistakes. Without them you would win with huge advantage. It will be hard to compete with you. Nurbu will be interesting as it is even harder to drive mistakeless race (if you push hard).
8:10 is the time of best players, 8:20 is possible for us, but probably 8:30 will be a race pace.
Hopefully there will be no disconnections :)

BTW I was watching a race replay and was curious what was your damage after crash with Isaac? Why didn't you go to pits immediately? Did you do full repair in pits?

oOAcheyThumbsOo

Pro Karter
Aug 2, 2019
I'm not so sure, my car was quick but twitchy. I think I had about 18 front damage which i nursed for a bit which kept you at the same distance behind then lost it on turn 6 going down. I hit banking then you passed. That put few more damage on then I couldn't keep up with you so pitted. Then came out in traffic :)

I also hit a wall later on trying to get past a back marker! Totally my own fault.

Happy with 3rd in the end

Shnoo80

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 8, 2019
I just watched a replay and saw all your mistakes. They were pretty unfortune ones. Let's see how it's going to be in green hell

Valerio

Pro Karter
Nov 1, 2019
@Shnoo80 how do you manage to save the replays on Xbox? It always fails for some reason. Usually, I delete some of my old ones and then it works - but with an hour long race it seems to be too big regardless.

Shnoo80

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 8, 2019
@Valerio - I delete all replays (I always have 1 to delete, so "all" means "one") and I normally save after the race.
Last race it saved me only 58 minutes, so I don't have last 3 laps.
Really don't know how it works. Sometimes it throws error, sometimes not.
Before GT3 S14 I was driving in filler league - Touring Cars. There were 20 and 30 minutes races each round, and I could save both. So it looks like this 60 minutes is the limit.

Reactions: Valerio