XB1 - AOR GT3 S14 - XBOX1 - TIER 2 - ROUND 7 - LE MANS BUGATTI - Corner cutting on pit entry | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR GT3 S14 - XBOX1 - TIER 2 - ROUND 7 - LE MANS BUGATTI - Corner cutting on pit entry

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.
  • Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerio

Formula Karter
Nov 1, 2019

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
My POV:
Facts:
* I made a mistake when going into the pits by taking the wrong line. The solid white line was on my left and I thought it was a correct approach - didn't mean to save the time. But I should be on the other side of the solid line
* When pit-lane route turned right, I was surprised and braked hard no to go off the the pit-lane track.
* After this right turn, I slowed down to 30 for a while (even 29 km/h for a fraction of a second) - this is what you normally do to avoid penalty after leaving the track
* Game didn't penalize me.

My opinion:
* This mistake caused me more time than if I entered the pit normally. I had to make tighter turn than if I used whole widht and start turning more from the left. So for me we can't say about "clearly gaining an advantage" in this case
* I left the pits 5 seconds ahead of @Valerio so imo I didn't get any profitable advantage. He manage to close the gap to 0.5 sec, because I made a mistake on last lap and last 3 corners I was driving slow to avoid further mistakes, but I was sure that there is no room for him to pass me. You can see it on my Twitch stream (posted in Valerio's post) - from 1h 04m 50s

So from my perspective giving after-race time penalty would be too prejudical for me. I would behave differently knowing I have a time penalty.

Last edited:

Valerio

Formula Karter
Nov 1, 2019
I don't think my lap times have anything to do with this enquiry. It's not personal, but we have to make clear what we can and we cannot do.
For instance - if we are allowed to go over the track limits just because the game doesn't give us a penalty (by mistake or not) then I would have taken this different line, rather than stick to the "dotted pit lane entry within track limits". It's not one or two inches ... it's 4 wheels out of the track.

Screenshot 2019-12-05 at 13.52.57.png

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
I know that. Rules clearly state that if you gain advantage by driving outside track limits, you have to slow down.
I didn't do this on purpose, so it was a mistake. I didn't mean to and I didn't get any advantage.

I tried to find reasonable comparison to determine whether it was advantage or not (because this is sth that can have fundaments to take a decision here) and I found other stream - from PS4 - of driver called slicker. He represents similar pace, maybe a little bit faster but still difference is not that big, so for me comparison is fine.

I took screenshots of our pit entries and check how much time was needed to pass it.

Screenshots of my entry:
Screenshot_2019-12-05-14-54-28-882_tv.twitch.android.app.jpg

Screenshot_2019-12-05-15-00-12-465_tv.twitch.android.app.jpg

Slicker's entry:
Screenshot_2019-12-05-14-55-15-541_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Screenshot_2019-12-05-15-04-26-630_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
So I needed over 8 seconds to pass the same distance, while slicker did it under 7 seconds
1:39.473 - 1:31.394 = 8.079
1:34.047 - 1:27.127 = 6.920

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.