XB1 - AOR GT3 S14 - XBOX1 - TIER 2 - ROUND 7 - LE MANS BUGATTI - Corner cutting on pit entry | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR GT3 S14 - XBOX1 - TIER 2 - ROUND 7 - LE MANS BUGATTI - Corner cutting on pit entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerio

Formula Karter
Nov 1, 2019

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
My POV:
Facts:
* I made a mistake when going into the pits by taking the wrong line. The solid white line was on my left and I thought it was a correct approach - didn't mean to save the time. But I should be on the other side of the solid line
* When pit-lane route turned right, I was surprised and braked hard no to go off the the pit-lane track.
* After this right turn, I slowed down to 30 for a while (even 29 km/h for a fraction of a second) - this is what you normally do to avoid penalty after leaving the track
* Game didn't penalize me.

My opinion:
* This mistake caused me more time than if I entered the pit normally. I had to make tighter turn than if I used whole widht and start turning more from the left. So for me we can't say about "clearly gaining an advantage" in this case
* I left the pits 5 seconds ahead of @Valerio so imo I didn't get any profitable advantage. He manage to close the gap to 0.5 sec, because I made a mistake on last lap and last 3 corners I was driving slow to avoid further mistakes, but I was sure that there is no room for him to pass me. You can see it on my Twitch stream (posted in Valerio's post) - from 1h 04m 50s

So from my perspective giving after-race time penalty would be too prejudical for me. I would behave differently knowing I have a time penalty.

Last edited:

Valerio

Formula Karter
Nov 1, 2019
I don't think my lap times have anything to do with this enquiry. It's not personal, but we have to make clear what we can and we cannot do.
For instance - if we are allowed to go over the track limits just because the game doesn't give us a penalty (by mistake or not) then I would have taken this different line, rather than stick to the "dotted pit lane entry within track limits". It's not one or two inches ... it's 4 wheels out of the track.

Screenshot 2019-12-05 at 13.52.57.png

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
I know that. Rules clearly state that if you gain advantage by driving outside track limits, you have to slow down.
I didn't do this on purpose, so it was a mistake. I didn't mean to and I didn't get any advantage.

I tried to find reasonable comparison to determine whether it was advantage or not (because this is sth that can have fundaments to take a decision here) and I found other stream - from PS4 - of driver called slicker. He represents similar pace, maybe a little bit faster but still difference is not that big, so for me comparison is fine.

I took screenshots of our pit entries and check how much time was needed to pass it.

Screenshots of my entry:
Screenshot_2019-12-05-14-54-28-882_tv.twitch.android.app.jpg

Screenshot_2019-12-05-15-00-12-465_tv.twitch.android.app.jpg

Slicker's entry:
Screenshot_2019-12-05-14-55-15-541_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Screenshot_2019-12-05-15-04-26-630_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
So I needed over 8 seconds to pass the same distance, while slicker did it under 7 seconds
1:39.473 - 1:31.394 = 8.079
1:34.047 - 1:27.127 = 6.920

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.