XB1 - AOR GT3 S14 - Xbox1 - Tier 2 - Round 8 - Hockenheim Classic - 11/12/19 @ 20.00 UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR GT3 S14 - Xbox1 - Tier 2 - Round 8 - Hockenheim Classic - 11/12/19 @ 20.00 UK time

PapaBear

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Sep 18, 2018

ROUND 8 - Hockenheim Classic GP

Event Information:

Date: Wednesday 11 December 2019
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 28 Laps (1 formation lap + 27 race laps)

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying:

Medium Cloud
- Race:

Medium Cloud

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 08/06/2019 13:00
- Race start time: 08/06/2019 14:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:

Uninformed No Shows:

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Beautiful track! It will be nice battle between low and high downforce cars :D Slipstream should have big effect, but low downforce in the chicanes - real killer :)

oOAcheyThumbsOo

AOR XB1 GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Aug 2, 2019
Beautiful track! It will be nice battle between low and high downforce cars :D Slipstream should have big effect, but low downforce in the chicanes - real killer :)
Yes definitely. My Audi feels slow, what times you looking at? I'm 2.10

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
FIrst time I practiced, I couldn't get below 2:10, but finally after some adjustments I broke it. This time (as season comes to the end) I will keep my exact times in secret and reveal my pace in qualyfing :p
What I can tell you though is that when I look at other platforms' threads, I don't know how the hell they manage to do such a good lap-times... Seriuosly - no idea :p

• Clever
Reactions: Gerymaster_HUN

Valerio

Formula Karter
Nov 1, 2019
The Ferrari seems to be 1.5 seconds off-pace, at least in time trial ... :(

Screenshot 2019-12-09 at 14.13.16.png

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
@Valerio but did you even come any close to this Ferrari record? If yes, then you will lap us after 20 laps :p

oOAcheyThumbsOo

Aug 2, 2019
FIrst time I practiced, I couldn't get below 2:10, but finally after some adjustments I broke it. This time (as season comes to the end) I will keep my exact times in secret and reveal my pace in qualyfing :p
What I can tell you though is that when I look at other platforms' threads, I don't know how the hell they manage to do such a good lap-times... Seriuosly - no idea :p
:) it's getting serious now shnoo!

Looks like this will be damage limitations for me.

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
A bit of pressure added :)
I put quite a bit on me now :p

But I learned that you're always faster than your pre-race declarations, so I won't be surprised you doing low 2:08s <busted> :D

oOAcheyThumbsOo

Aug 2, 2019
Lol lots of pressure on you now.

Cant see 2.08. Doubt I'll see valerio all race at his pace :)

Valerio

Formula Karter
Nov 1, 2019
Time trial is a different beast - 2.08 sounds about right with fuel for the race.

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
@Valerio I just realized that this best Ferrari result is actually yours :O

Even though it's a time trial, I found it very similar to online with our race conditions, maybe 0.5 sec slower.

Well if you're that quick then you'll most probably score a hattrick at Wednesday... I am nowhere near you

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
@Valerio what's your top speed on this track with what rear wing setting? My max is 10, and if I set 5 I can go up to 273/274, with 7 I barely reach 270. Difference isn't huge though

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
So how did you manage to do 2:05.5 then? :O
I know that in Merc you can reach 285 what gives +0.3 - 0.5s on each of 3 long straights. Your pace looks like top tier's one.

Valerio

Formula Karter
Nov 1, 2019
In Time Trial I can definitely lower that time of another 0.3s. I couldn't put it all together in a single lap though and I didn't spend too much time trying.
Even so - You can see the advantage the top guys have, must also be related to the increased top speed of their cars. The same guy "bytecruncher26" is 0.5s faster in the AMG than he is in the 488 and he has a very similar pace with the Huracan. That matches your 0.3s/0.5s delta due to top speed.

The 488 doesn't get anywhere near 285km/h. I think maybe 275km/h in the longer straight if you get a very good exit (with 5€ of fuel :LOL:).

So how did you manage to do 2:05.5 then? :O
Slow-in / fast-out - I guess :unsure:
Maybe try the setup of the top guys using the Lambo?

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Ok, so my only chance to battle with you is to beat other guys and qualify 2nd (behind you) then make a good exit out of T1, pass you on first straight and then keep the pressure from you for all long 60 minutes... :p

• Scared
Reactions: Valerio

Valerio

Formula Karter
Nov 1, 2019
You've got a nice plan figured out :D. Also, get your team mate to give you a tow in qualifying ;) - you can easily get to 285km/h by using the slipstream.
You're overestimating me, I will probably crash / get disconnected or underperform like in the previous races :rolleyes:

Gerymaster_HUN

2 times AOR XB1 GT3 champion
May 26, 2019
It's so interesting to see your conversation, guys. In our tier we got THR Mooo7 for the last rounds next to the other faaaast guys, and I am sooo curious about his pace compared to ours :) maybe I can use the power of my AMG in the straights, but the Lambo is also strong...I have ran some good laps both in quali and race, hope I can keep it tomorrow :)
Btw, have a nice race guys ;)

Reactions: Valerio

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Thank Gery!
I wish our race will have some nice battles instead of everyone has his own race :)
The part where I fear everytime I drive there is 2nd chicane. Few inches on left or right and your out! Or few inches on the left and you're only out of a track, few inches to the right and your car is a wreck :p

So when I say I hope to have some nice battles, I mean - everywhere else apart from this chcicane :p

@Gerymaster_HUN THR guys (mOoOo7 and Wolf) are aliens, you can't compete with them until you join man in black team (or maybe it should be called cars in black?) :p Hmmm isn't it good name for a team next season? Only dark liveries allowed :p

• Funny
Reactions: Gerymaster_HUN

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Guys - taken from PS4 thread:
StephenCarry said:
only 5 spins in practice race! including misjudging the braking point for the first chicane after heavy slipstream, clipping the grass and nailing the wall! :poop:

but pls read and remember ticklish's post about the track limits. You can basically go straight through the third chicane and won't receive ANY penalties. And the penalty from going wide in turn 1 will go away even with slipstream for the whole first straight. So anyone: don't do it. Because everybody is watching! :devilish:
Definitely going to second this. If you go wide a couple times in the race or misjudge your braking point, fair enough. But if it happens every other lap or even every third lap and you're not lifting to negate the time you've gained, it will be reported to the stewards. So don't do it :p
In our tier, there are not many of us, but we're very mature drivers, aware of importance of clean driving. Let's keep it this way today!
What's improtant to think especially on the race start - there will be a lot of slipstream, so keep it in mind when braking before chicanes - higher speed and dirty air makes the braking distance noticably longer. Braking 20-30 meters earlier won't lose much time. Trying to brake too late = big problems right at the start and possibly ruined whole race :eek:

Reactions: Dalingo and Axl Jay