AOR GT3 S15 - Feedback Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 S15 - Feedback Thread

Ayresii1995

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
May 13, 2018
What did you like about the season

To be honest I enjoyed the season in general. The racing in their 3 was close and most of the time the moves were clean and battles were fun.

What should we change

The main thing I’d like to see changed would be a cap on the amounts of certain manufacturers used. In t 3 the vast majority were in either Audi, Lambo or Ferrari. While I like driving these cars I like to be a bit different. I chose the McLaren this season and was in the Bentley last season. Maybe 2/3 of each car. Snooze you lose.

Something else I like to change would be the 90min races. I like them a lot but I’d like to see some element of strategy involved in the races. The Indy race was brilliant. Having to choose the best time to change to wets/drys was fantastic and could mean the difference between winning and coming second.

Another thing I’d change would be the tracks used. Monaco was a good idea because of the challenge of not hitting the barriers but in reality it was horrible. I’d tapped one barrier slightly and ended up losing my rear wing which I wasn’t happy about. I’d like to see tracks like Monza or Spa make an appearance or even Le Mans 24 hour circuit to add some speed to the calendar. Also maybe not as many night races. Maybe sunrise start or dusk finish.

What do you think of the 2 race round (20 min sprint and 40 min feature race)

I wasn’t able to participate because of work and connections issues so I don’t really have an opinion

Mewkaqt

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 14, 2020
What did you like about the season?
- That it exist ;)
- People - always happy to help someone if you just ask, competetive driving by all of you, mature and fun, all-in-one pack. I actually was scared that someone will point me out with fingers like 'you are driving with d-pad , its a sim racing get lost' , and i thought you guys are monsters but it turned out that i got positive shock there.
- Races - so the tracks, different weathers, various driving styles , different formats - all that things i was watching from S4 and now that i was first time part of it .
That was incredible.
- Team - special thanks to @atlasgehirn424 . You know you are a great guy and helped me a lot but just wanted to thank you again.
To all the staff members and our coordinator @TicklishPicklewickle - Thank you for your hard work

What should we change?
- this question DUH! but for real.
- 2-race rounds (explanation later below)
- 0.1 sec pitstop (conditions which force you to change tyres or get fuel) / (maybe half tank allowed only)
- Longer season? I feel like a Barcelona was yesterday =)
- more strict penalties for not following rules and regulations on and off track (even if i didn't type a single enquiry but i read them all).
What can i say, racing incidents happens, u can't win race on lap 1 but sadly u can lose it there, and it's totally not fair to give the guy 5 second penalty / penalty points when that guy lost you 20+ positions. (just an example).
- MONACO

What should we keep doing?
- just annouce that S16 is in the week and we gucci.
- new inventions and formats
- mix tracks up (Rouen and Monaco) - i know i just typed Monaco was meeeh , but it's great that we don't have only like... "GP" tracks or "typical tracks"

What do you think of the 2-race rounds? (20 min sprint race + 40 minute feature race)
As I said before , it's great about new formats but i keep it short. It's too much to win/lose in one 'weekday' .
I can't imagine that someone got bad connection and get dc - boom 100 points gone.

Overall opinion and last verdict: I love it , and because of all people here i think racing is for me. Maybe i even buy a wheel? ;) - Summary 9/10.

Duffinho

Formula Karter
Nov 11, 2019
The real GP tracks we run, the length of the full season, the streams provided for Tier 1 PS4, the overall level of competitiveness in the top tier, just amazing.
What should we change?
Definitely the Points system need a change. Example is following - Boy Raxer (Tier 1 winner) and me (8th place overall) finished all races possible this season. The gap in the end was more than 250 points in the end. Thats the return price for completing almost every race in mid pack (4-9th consistently)? I mean the rewarding winners things is right, but this gap between 1-3 and rest of the grid is just way too big. Its awful in my opinion.
Change the sometimes unraceable conditions on some of the tracks. I mean who ever saw a GT3 race in Donnington happening at 6am in the morning?? And there were several more races + conditions like this. It is not real thing, this is not a simulation this was a random place + time and let the dogs out of the cage..
Change the picked tracks. GT3 are made fore real GP tracks and not ruapuna, les essart, monaco..
2 races format - not true GT3 thing, 1 mean one main race is best format.
Change the fact that track + conditions are chosen for both PC and consoles at the same format. It clearly does not work and what might work well on PC is rubbish on consoles.
It is also boring to see only two manufacturers on the grid but that's hopefully will be sorted out with ACC game coming on consoles. I don't know how it could get changed on Project Cars 2 as it would only mean banning the merc and Lamborghini...
Great organisation of the whole thing, great Tier 1+2 coordinators in Jazzman and Slicker, great week in week out practice sessions etc. Great information provided, full, clear. Well done for your work lads.
Reverse grid races were great fun and made for one of the best races this season I think. Very interesting for the stream as well.
What do you think of the 2-race rounds? (20 min sprint race + 40 minute feature race)
It is not bad sometimes but like some of the lads said If you miss exactly the week when these double races happen and the points system (with the awful gaps it contains) you almost certainly lose a chance for a good result overall. Its not forgiving at all.
So I would stick to one Main race (60 mins / 90 min) + quali format.
For PS4 and XB1, what do you think about the new points system that has been implemented?
Already said my thing on this topic but I will repeat its not good at all in my opinion. The gaps between the top 3 and rest of the grid is just huge and whoever created this must be one of the top 3 finishers week in week out because its tailored exactly for them.

Carlos Delgado

Pro Karter
Apr 3, 2020
Althou i just got here and raced less than an handfull events, i'd like to thank the AOR PC2 staff for managing everything with such heart and enthusiasm, and of course for letting me in!
Unfortunately i arrived too late so this season ended way to short for me.. but still it was great fun for the most part*, so THANKS a lot AOR!!! And a special thank to @Yorkie065 for his awesome commentating, wich i guess was the main thing that brought me in to find out more about AOR.

* i say for the most part because i really had a hard time to understand PC2 'tricks' & 'secrets' because most i know does not work as it should on PC2, so it took me quite a while to get a propper setup that allowed me to actually enjoy racing instead of just trying to not crash at every corner. GT3 Tier 1 were my very first races longer than 10 laps (on public servers) so things get a lot weird after that and i've found thare are plenty exploits being... exploited :ROFLMAO: for those who had enough time learning them. I really enjoy PCars2, but that's mostly because of it's flawless VR, because in terms of realism (set ups and driving) there is still a long way to go imho. 90min races with same tyres? Better handling with lower wings? Higher tyre temps with higher pressure? Cars racing at 130ºC engines? Better handling with full tanks? and i could go on and on...
Anyhow.. maybe i get lucky and there's some sort of game update or something :p

Only raced half or less even, so... But i enjoyed the variations on weather, time of day, race formats... i think those work great to keep things interesting and fresh, ALTHOU the more stuff gets changed from one week to another, more benefits are granted to those that actually have time to practice those diferent conditions.. but that's the same in real life i guess, so no worries there.

What should we change?
Not much i can think about... Some tracks should not be used for GT3 at all. Online racing can be much harder then real life because the lack of G forces and depth perception, so using tracks that do not work well on real life only means things will not work well online. PC2 has such a vast GT3 track list that i think nobody will ever get bored with, so why pick 'pille up' tracks?
Oh, two things i felt like making no sense at all: 1) mandatory pit stop without anything being done? I don't get it, but for sure it is one of the exploits how quickly some people do it...; 2) free settings for ABS and traction control? I believe things could be more even if conditions were forced the same to everyone, so make it either full ON or disable them for everyone the same. The idea is, the less changes you allow, the less exploits are made and perhaps the paces don't differ so much?

Different race formats, weather changes, etc... That works for me.

I actually prefer the 2 race formats because they double the starting procedures, wich are great for adrenaline junkies :sneaky: and if something goes wrong in one of the races, you might not loose the whole night. That said, i also enjoy endurance races, but being in the midle of the week they might be too long after a hard working day. So why not fit some 120min races of the same championship on saturdays/sundays morning once a month, with double points, and keep the week days races a bit shorter? 1x 60min / 2x 30min? Just saying..

I realize i've used the word 'exploits' a lot... Please don't take me wrong, i don't mean it in a 'criminal' way at all... I've done it myself for years on rfactor, race07, GTR, etc... it's inevitable and it's okay, it's just part of the game and it's done in real life also! And no doubt there are plenty talented racers here that take practice seriously, that's obvious. What i ment is it takes plenty of time, years maybe, to get to know a game that deep, but from a grand stand viewer so to speak, to keep the championships a bit more "even", game/car settings must be as much alike as possible to everyone, bringing down the race pace diffs from 4 to 2 secs 'only' :LOL:

PS- pardon my english, it's late and i'm too sleepy :sleep:

Reactions: StephenCarry

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
@Carlos Delgado regarding the pitstop "doing nothing": There is no way possible to check if everybody changes tyres for example in PC2. That's why there's probably nothing anyone could do to regulate that :/

Carlos Delgado

Pro Karter
Apr 3, 2020
@Carlos Delgado regarding the pitstop "doing nothing": There is no way possible to check if everybody changes tyres for example in PC2. That's why there's probably nothing anyone could do to regulate that :/
Yeah, i get it... Maybe it could be set a minimal stop period? Changing 1 tyre takes x seconds, multiply that for 4 and we have a minimal/ stop window and an average aproximate laptime for that pit stop lap, easily checked at race laptimes record in the end? Let's say someone cruises one lap in 2 minutes (00:02:00.000). Let's have regular stop&go adds 50 secs, so a laptime of 2:50.000. Changing 4 tyres adds 20secs, so in the end there should be for that particular driver a laptime of no less than 3:10.000... anything below that would add a time penalty for instance. What i'm saying is, it's not that hard to time how long it takes to change 4 tyres and figure a minimal/fastest stop for each driver? Some real life competitions actually have mandatory stop times so everyone looses the same time at the pits.. But we can't have that on PC2 of course (yet) :ROFLMAO: :whistle:

Anyhow, it's been great experience and hopefully i'll be joining the next season on ACC if kunos sort out the damn VR like they did with AC... :sneaky:

Tikonash13

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 5, 2020
what i have to say, just up the s16 becouse s15 was my first and i get in later, just done 4 rounds

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Yeah, i get it... Maybe it could be set a minimal stop period?
Trust me, it's not like we haven't considered this. But think about all the time the coordinators have to spend every week, checking the race replays for 30 drivers and finding the lap that they chose to pit on. Then check how long that stop takes as well. And are we only measuring for the laptime? Because the driver might do the stop shorter than he's meant to but then have a half spin on the outlap and it ends up adding to enough time lost. What I'm saying is, it can be done, but it'll put a very heavy workload on the cods. And not every cod is willing to put that much time into it every week. Remember, we are volunteers, so we don't get paid for anything we do :)

Carlos Delgado

Pro Karter
Apr 3, 2020
No no.. didnt ment to check pit stops from replays, that would be 'insane'!! I was thinking about something like Liveracers, where all laps are registered and usually pit stops do stand out so it would be easy to check they were not done under certain time. Only a few that spin a lot or have erractic driving would need replay to check. Just my 2 cents mates.. not pushing for it again ✌

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Trust me, it's not like we haven't considered this. But think about all the time the coordinators have to spend every week, checking the race replays for 30 drivers and finding the lap that they chose to pit on. Then check how long that stop takes as well. And are we only measuring for the laptime? Because the driver might do the stop shorter than he's meant to but then have a half spin on the outlap and it ends up adding to enough time lost. What I'm saying is, it can be done, but it'll put a very heavy workload on the cods. And not every cod is willing to put that much time into it every week. Remember, we are volunteers, so we don't get paid for anything we do :)
The Mandatory Pit stop is broken anyhow. The Difference in stop time between racers (without changing Tyres / fuel can be Huge sometimes. Some guys can get a Rapid Pit stop, with only being stationary in the Box for a 1.5/ 2 secs . Others can wait upto 6-8 secs. Without damage and so on. Just something thats been within the game since release.

Reactions: Carlos Delgado

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
The Mandatory Pit stop is broken anyhow. The Difference in stop time between racers (without changing Tyres / fuel can be Huge sometimes. Some guys can get a Rapid Pit stop, with only being stationary in the Box for a 1.5/ 2 secs . Others can wait upto 6-8 secs. Without damage and so on. Just something thats been within the game since release.
I know, and we can't do much about it unfortunately. The mandatory pitstops are mostly there to help with people getting damage to still be in the fight as they can use their mandatory pitstop to repair said damage. It's not 100% optimal, but better than nothing if you ask me. Also depending on tracks, conditions, length etc. they can add a little bit of strategy as well as you can use them to get into clean air and undercut people. But yes, unfortunately we can't do much about the glitch where you can pit with 2% engine damage and have a sub 1 second stop.
Something we can only hope to be able to control in PCars Revolution where we can enforce tyre changes and refuelling.

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018

The tier I was in , t 2 PS4 genuinely one of the most enjoyable groups of racers I’ve rubbed paint with . Having a commentator also of good quality and a great cod.

What should we change?
I’m a bit of a Puritan so I’m not sold on the sprint and main race that was added . I like the fact that it made the calendar a 12 race Calendar but that’s it . I don’t think this format belongs with GT3 racing - formula cars yes absolutely and I enjoy it in the Renault 3.5 season but not in this calendar so much.

I know it’s been said , but again the weather and track conditions , on PS4 at least, we’re just not good . The amount of time that had to be spent trying to find out which tyre was the tyre to use is just not good. Hard or soft? Soft on the rear only ? Soft on one side of the car only? I mean , I practiced maybe 4 hours Monday and another 3 or 4 hours on Tuesday and half of that is trying to work out the optimal tyres . It’s just too much , and even then on race day the car was sliding all over the place anyway and this was the experience for the vast majority of people on PS4 in our tier. I know a lot of work goes on behind the scenes and I appreciate it but somehow these conditions slipped through the net of quality control for PS4 and that need to be considered for the future implementation of calendars and conditions.

Keep the 90 min races , and the one or 2 with rain
What do you think of the 2-race rounds? (20 min sprint race + 40 minute feature race).
Keep experimenting and trying things. I know it doesn’t always work but it also does sometimes and brings new things to the league so it’s good to see .

See above also specifically for this format

For PS4 and XB1, what do you think about the new points system that has been implemented?

To be honest I didn’t really pay attention to it , the points awarded are the points awarded so I just aimed to finish as high as possible as always . We had a clear winner in our tier and I think he’d have been noticeable regardless of the points .

inkychris

AOR PC GT3 S12 T2 Champion
Dec 9, 2018
@FOGGY #7 @TicklishPicklewickle I have to say it was quite frustrating on a number of occasions watching the race results change quite significantly due to the differences in pit times, either from the exploit or with some people being held longer than usual with no obvious reason. Maybe it's just as flakey with tyre changes but I haven't experienced that kind of pit time variation when changing tyres. Just had a quick look at the shared memory header definition and could be wrong but it looks like it would be fairly trivial to write a simple app that just recorded everyone's pit mode/schedule along with their laptimes or something and automatically spat you out a list of suspected pit time violations. The cod could just run this in the background like crew chief and you'd know the moment the race was over if anyone had violated the minimum pit stop timing. I don't suppose we'd actually see this in a league, but I would happily write said app if it was effective at levelling the playingfield.

I think even if this wasn't just to address the exploit, it could add an interesting element to strategy where you could realistically choose to run lower fuel at the start, or run max fuel at the start so you can change tyres.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
@FOGGY #7 @TicklishPicklewickle I have to say it was quite frustrating on a number of occasions watching the race results change quite significantly due to the differences in pit times, either from the exploit or with some people being held longer than usual with no obvious reason. Maybe it's just as flakey with tyre changes but I haven't experienced that kind of pit time variation when changing tyres. Just had a quick look at the shared memory header definition and could be wrong but it looks like it would be fairly trivial to write a simple app that just recorded everyone's pit mode/schedule along with their laptimes or something and automatically spat you out a list of suspected pit time violations. The cod could just run this in the background like crew chief and you'd know the moment the race was over if anyone had violated the minimum pit stop timing. I don't suppose we'd actually see this in a league, but I would happily write said app if it was effective at levelling the playingfield.

I think even if this wasn't just to address the exploit, it could add an interesting element to strategy where you could realistically choose to run lower fuel at the start, or run max fuel at the start so you can change tyres.
Well if this can be made and someone is willing to work on it then we're always open for something like that. But what about consoles? I imagine it'd be an app running in the background but will that only be possible on PC though?

inkychris

AOR PC GT3 S12 T2 Champion
Dec 9, 2018
The pitmode is available in both the Shared Memory (PC only) and the UDP data (console and PC). It probably makes sense to just write one app that uses the UDP data. I'm not sure if consoles suffer in the same way as PCs do running UDP. I've actually sandboxed my PC on the network so that the UDP traffic doesn't end up being sent to all devices on the network and I think this is actually what causes people issues online, rather than it being a fundamental problem with the game itself. I can try and put something together to test the concept, no harm just in case it seems viable!

• Useful

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Just want to make a quick suggestion on the points system. First I dont like the 50 points for a win. It's too much. I think consistent is worth something.
Also participating and finishing is worth more. I suggest give 10 points for 16th and 11 for 15th and so. That would mean people might finish a race instead of just quiting if things arent going well.

@Michel--NL

• Informative
Reactions: Kizz and Michel--NL