PC - AOR GT3 S15 - PC Tier 1 - Round 2: Rouen Les Essarts - 01.04.20 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S15 - PC Tier 1 - Round 2: Rouen Les Essarts - 01.04.20 @8pm UK time

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019

ROUND 2 - Rouen Les Essarts

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday April 1st 2020
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Sprint Race: 11 Laps
- Feature Race: 23 Laps (1 formation lap + 22 race laps)
PC: Starting order top 16 reversed from sprint race and all remaining drivers from P17 downwards in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.
Consoles: Starting order top 8 reversed from sprint race and all remaining drivers from P9 downwards in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying:
Hazy
- Sprint Race:
Light Cloud
- Feature Race:
Hazy

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 27/04/20 09:00
- Sprint Race start time: 27/04/20 10:00
- Feature Race start time: 27/04/2020 11:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:
- @Kedharf1

Uninformed No Shows:
- @MadHaze_01

Last edited:

StephenCarry

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
Since this track only has 26 pit boxes, no reserves are allowed to race this round unless a main driver informs us that he can't race.

Tony Clifton

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 24, 2019
Very narrow track (I really like it), so will be interesting race. Especially the Feature Race with reversing starting order. Maybe almost the whole track is a great opportunity to defend against the much faster drivers. Real survival show! (watch out for the kerbs...)

p4thos

F1 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
Sprint Race is standing start?
The feature race grid order will be given through discord? What’s the procedure to form the grid?

Fatworm

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2020
The feature race grid order will be given through discord? What’s the procedure to form the grid?

No probs, sometimes it's difficult to find the information you need. If you look at the instructions under useful links it will help you. :)

But in case you can't find it :

● Race night format:
  • Qualifying: 15 minutes.
  • Sprint race: 20 minutes (standing start).
  • Main race: 40 minutes. Starting order is top half (top 16 for PC, top 8 for consoles) reverse from sprint race in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.
Look forward to racing with and against you !!!;)

Last edited:

StephenCarry

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
we will talk through this procedure when the day comes, but hereas a little preview:

1. usual lobby with quali and sprint race
2. gathering back into the lobby for the main race without quali

3. we directly hop into the main race.
4. after lights go green everybody pulls to the left/right and remains stationary until I read out their name in the starting order. Best way to go would be the drivers already mentioned drive very slowly up to the first sector (directly in the hairpin) and WAIT there until everybody got going. After I called everybody's name and after the last drivers catch up we do the rest of the lap as the usual formation lap.

This is why we need everybody in discord! This is mandatory as per the rules anyway, but no excuses this time around. Would be an utter nightmare if there's even one driver who doesn't know where and when to go.

• Informative
Reactions: p4thos

tRIP..

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 7, 2017
After the Barcelona ****-show from my end, I jumped into a private lobby to do some practice here last night. This track is LETHAL. This race is 5 days away and I'm already terrified.

• Agree
Reactions: Enton and AndrexUK

p4thos

F1 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
Bumpy and narrow track... Slight mistake: game over...
Also, the pit exit is exactly on the racing line for turn 1...
Cocktail for wreking fest... :eek:

PS: Never seen harder straw bales in my life... If you see one in the middle of the track, go around...

tRIP..

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 7, 2017
I have a prediction!
I hope it doesn't come true!

I think there may be a reason why we don't race here very often...
So much this. The pit exit alone, even if you're coming out into what appears to be a decent sized gap, the speed difference (that corner is 250kph/6th gear) will mean that gap suddenly doesn't appear to be that big after all. There's going to be a lot of cars killed through no fault of their own. 100%.

The hairpin at the bottom of the hill is going to catch a lot of people out. In my practice race last night, it would be 10-12 seconds for 25 AI cars to get around that on the first lap. I can guarantee someone will hit the back of someone else in the braking zone there. This is way worse than Monza.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not calling for it to change. But I can't stress enough that we all need to be so careful. Between the pit exit, the hairpin, and these damned kerbs, I can't see how this is going to show AOR drivers in the best of light. Gonna be one hell of a highlights package.

StephenCarry

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
But I can't stress enough that we all need to be so careful. Between the pit exit, the hairpin, and these damned kerbs, I can't see how this is going to show AOR drivers in the best of light. Gonna be one hell of a highlights package.
Oh. Yes. And I guess we need some small communication for lapping etc so we don't clip them or ourselves to the kerbs and cause a Le Mans 1955 disaster.

Do we still have a mandatory stop on the main race?
Nope, only for the 60 and 90min races!

Last edited:

/CSR/ speedy.go

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 17, 2019
This track+comboGT3="I feel safe in NY City" by AC/DC!:devilish::ROFLMAO:
mehhhhh thats nothing,4 pussycats, bring on the thunderstorm2:cool::p

PS maby @Yorkie065 may start intro with some hard rock or my bellowed heavy metalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll:coffee:

Last edited:

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
We did this in the clio cup's which were probably going to be more lethal here than the GT3 cars. The key here is to be careful with the curbs in the first sector and avoid them where possible. For the hairpin, brake before the left hander before it to bleed off some speed before the heavier braking into the hairpin itself. In the Clio Cup races, this was especially important but from what I saw on the livestream, it's not as bad getting through there as it is with AI. People just need to be a bit patient.

Am glad I'm in the pit box for this one, but I fear my voice is going to be dead by the end :LOL:

jogurc

Formula Karter
Jan 4, 2020
We did this in the clio cup's which were probably going to be more lethal here than the GT3 cars. The key here is to be careful with the curbs in the first sector and avoid them where possible. For the hairpin, brake before the left hander before it to bleed off some speed before the heavier braking into the hairpin itself. In the Clio Cup races, this was especially important but from what I saw on the livestream, it's not as bad getting through there as it is with AI. People just need to be a bit patient.

Am glad I'm in the pit box for this one, but I fear my voice is going to be dead by the end :LOL:
Bad memories haunt me from the clio cup that day... i was even upside down for a moment there!:LOL:

• Happy
Reactions: /CSR/ speedy.go