PC - AOR GT3 S15 - PC Tier 1 - Round 2: Rouen Les Essarts - 01.04.20 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S15 - PC Tier 1 - Round 2: Rouen Les Essarts - 01.04.20 @8pm UK time

Gwegwyn

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 13, 2017
@StephenCarry If we would be driving those things around Rouen, it would be just as boring as F1. No overtaking possible. Although, they might be very good offroad :unsure: But then an angry @AndrexUK would come after us, for not obeying tracklimits :ROFLMAO:

• Funny
Reactions: StephenCarry

Kedharf1

Junior Karter
May 12, 2019
Hi @StephenCarry just following up on my direct message and posting here. unfortunately I won’t be able to make it to today’s race. I’m feeling severely under the weather and am just not able to spend a couple of hours racing at this time. Really sorry for the late notice.

• Agree

CoatesGTR

Junior Karter
Mar 17, 2020
@Allen you can take my spot - need to sort my connection out before i do any more racing - disconnected from every race so far, need to get some new internet sorted (y)

StrongestAvenger

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 5, 2019
@Allen you can take my spot - need to sort my connection out before i do any more racing - disconnected from every race so far, need to get some new internet sorted (y)
oh that's unfortinate man :( i tought you just forgot to press the 'ready' button in barcelona - as we were counting the seconds before 2min mark, turns out you really had some connection problems. looking forward for the next race with you. hopefuly you'll fix your internet by then :)

Fatworm

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2020
Is there anybody racing an Audi that wants to team up? Unfortunately my partner Mad_Haze is now not able to compete in the league. If not, I would be happy to team up with someone in a different car. Thanks

Fatworm

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2020
@Fatworm, if you accepted me as a teammate, I am here. (I can't help much with the setup settings -
I'm an amateur, just drive-man... :D - but I share with you what I have.)
Cheers Tony, that'll be great, we need to decide on livery if you are happy to select that's within my team I'll let the co-ords know (I'm car 9 - Camel Rock Team). Could you be car number 8? I'm not much help with set ups but am happy to learn and help.

Last edited:

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
WOW!

That was intense!!!

Qually didn't go too well, and ended up 10th on the grid for the sprint race.
Didn't get a GOOD lap in, and I think it there was only a slight improvement on my first banker lap.
Would have rather been a little further ahead to start with, as I was very worried that something bad might happen, and take me out.
But from what I can recall, race one seamed to go nice and clean. I think there was an issue or 2, but thankfully for me, it was behind, rather than in front.

I had decent pace, and was able to keep up with the guys ahead of me, maybe touching the grass a couple of times for the whole race, which I'm quite happy with.
This track really lures you into pushing hard to get that extra little bit of speed. But going off tends to be a BIG off.

Can't really remember too much about Race 1, but somehow I managed to get up to P3 by the end.
I did have a great little battle with SpeedyGo for 3rd.
I wasn't aiming to attack, but just sit behind Speedy. but I believe he was struggling with overheating brakes. So managed to get through after he went deep into the final right hander.
As much as I didn't want to attack him, he was certainly more than happy to attack me back, and we changed places a couple of times, but finally managed to get past and break away a little.

I was coming into this event looking for top 10's, and if everything went ok I'd maybe get a top 5... so 3rd was like a win for me.

As for Race 2, well, that was rather crazy!
Sometimes, you have a race where EVERYTHING goes your way!
Starting P14 for the reverse grid, It was certainly a case of surviving the first couple of laps.
Take a position if it's presented, but not trying to pass anyone.

I think a couple of laps in, there was a bit of carnage up ahead after Turn 1, which took several cars out, and I think I gained about 3 or 4 free places.
I got a bad exit onto the back straight, which let @inkychris and @p4thos through :(
@inkychris was making the best use of his Z4 and started pulling away from P4thos and myself. But I managed to get passed a lap or too later, and follow Inky as best I could.

@Fubarr was murdered going into the hairpin, so gained another position while he was on his roof :(

Picked up a freebie from @StephenCarry as he went deep into the hairpin the following lap, so was behind Inky again.
He'd pulled away a little bit, but my pace seamed to improve enough to keep a steady gap.

Then the planets started to align...
Inky was on the back of @Nuno Aparicio
Nuno made a slight mistake, and spun out, and unfortunatly collected Inky
Was scary moment passing Nuno's reversing car, as I felt it was suddenly going to spin out onto the track in front of me, but he did an awesome job of keeping it on the grass !(Well played)
Inky had aero / suspension damage, and was able to drive passed on the start/finish straight.

Then a couple of laps later, @Allen typed that he only had 20L of fuel left.
I knew from the practice race that my fuel was spot on, and I had 30L, so Allen was going to have to go full on fuel saving mode.
Awesome job to be lifting and coasting so much, as it's so easy to spin out when re-engaging a gear.
The gap was dropping nicely, and with about 3 laps to go, Allen had no option ut to let me through.

I was then in 2 minds, as I had a decent gap back to Inky, and running faster.
Back off a little, and play super safe? Or just keep going?
I was a little worried that holding back might end up with me making a mistake with different lines, so decided that since I seamed to be in a bit of a groove, to carry on.
Maybe lifting a little bit more on some of the more risky corners.

And then took the win.
OMG
Easily the best nights racing for me for a looooong time!

Gonna have to check when my last win was in Elite Tier, but it's been.
Well, I think about Season 2 in pCars1.
Before all the Aliens started to join.
And it was probably only because F1-Masa didn't race that day...

Awesome to see @inkychris hustling that Z4 around!!! But please stop being quick for the rest of the season now! Thanks!
Grats to Inky for the win in Race 1 (shame about Race 2, but couldn't have been a lot worse I guess - I can't really imagine you would be expecting a win and P3 in the Z4!*)
Grats to @StrongestAvenger for P2 in Race 1 as well! Very close at the end!
And @p4thos for P2 in Race 2!

*I didn't expect to be picking up top 5's myself to be fair.... a win is rather crazy...!

AndrexUK

May 6, 2015
Checked the archives!
Only 1 previous win, in Season 2
(Had a couple of wins as a guest driver in T2 races during my break season, to fill up the grids, but I don't count those pts)

916.5 pts since starting in AOR going into S15 (missed out about 6 or 7 seasons)
And with these 2 results, I've now broken the 1000 mark :D

AndrexUK

May 6, 2015
I'll put the replay up later on tonight, and link it here.

/CSR/ speedy.go

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 17, 2019
@AndrexUK : Can't really remember too much about Race 1, but somehow I managed to get up to P3 by the end.
I did have a great little battle with SpeedyGo for 3rd.
I wasn't aiming to attack, but just sit behind Speedy. but I believe he was struggling with overheating brakes. So managed to get through after he went deep into the final right hander.
As much as I didn't want to attack him, he was certainly more than happy to attack me back, and we changed places a couple of times, but finally managed to get past and break away a little.

Well u sure seem speedy to me:cool:(from my POV u looked very much keen on pass:p). IMHO best battle in Sprint Race wich took 3laps. After i collected that rail @end of hillclimb T9 i think, i got 2 front DMG so my mighty V10 bull was not gaining ground @backstraight + i got very closed rads for brakes wich resulted in brake fading & overheating:cautious:. Great battle that i wish to any petrolhead:D.

Congrats to @inkychris (Z4 senna), @p4thos and winner @AndrexUK ! Well done m8(y)

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: AndrexUK

inkychris

AOR PC GT3 S12 T2 Champion
Dec 9, 2018
Wow, "Z4 Senna", I'll take it ;) Can't say I wasn't disappointed after getting damage but in reality I got so lucky both races I really have nothing to complain about. So many times I was mere moments away from total anihilation, and others had a MUCH worse time than I did. My goal this season was to try and get the Z4 on the podium so I guess I'll settle for doing it twice!

I'm going to pretend to myself that this track wasn't just really well suited to the Z4 and hope that I can keep fighting at the front with the bimmer through the rest of the season :p

Congrats to @AndrexUK for taking the win in race 2 though, as much as we put it down to luck avoiding incidents, we create our own just as much and you found your way to the front with less drama than everyone else.

• Friendly
Reactions: AndrexUK

AndrexUK

May 6, 2015
Well u sure seem speedy to me:cool:(from my POV u looked very much keen on pass:p)
Ah, ok, I said on Discord that wasn't to try and overtake. and don't waste time going defensive.
Maybe you didn't know it was me, or didn't hear it.
But my plan was to just sit behind you, and pass if you made a mistake / had any issues.
All good :)

as much as we put it down to luck avoiding incidents, we create our own just as much and you found your way to the front with less drama than everyone else.
Yeah, I've always been one to play safe. So I don't know how much it is about anyone being / creating their own luck as such, but you can certainly do a lot to reduce the risk, which is probably the accurate viewpoint.
Like above, I didn't want to try to overtake Speedy, was happy to just sit behind him. At that point a P4 was still punching above my weight imo.
It wasn't 'luck' that I got to P1, it was more 'Unlucky' that the guys ahead had issues.

But as if to prove my point, @WMDRMartin had a fantastic result as well, mainly from having decent pace, and just keeping it all clean. (And the Window wipers ofc)
I can only assume that WMDR stands for 'Wiping My Dirty Windshield' ?

WMDRMartin

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 31, 2017
But as if to prove my point, @WMDRMartin had a fantastic result as well, mainly from having decent pace, and just keeping it all clean. (And the Window wipers ofc)
I can only assume that WMDR stands for 'Wiping My Dirty Windshield' ?
Omg I hadn't even thought of it that way yet bwahahah, absolutely love it. :ROFLMAO:

• Wow