PC - AOR GT3 S15 - PC Tier 1 - Round 2: Rouen Les Essarts - 01.04.20 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S15 - PC Tier 1 - Round 2: Rouen Les Essarts - 01.04.20 @8pm UK time

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Clank24401

AOR PC GT3 Am S8 Champion
Oct 31, 2017
Looks like I missed out on some carnage :LOL:
Was so annoyed about not being able to race, the game was working fine, I just could not join the discord channel. Such a weird problem, never had it before and I could join any other discord server :unsure:

• Sad
Reactions: AndrexUK

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
results are up!

Also: we had SIX guys quitting the race, as far as I remember not a single one of you had a disconnect... I refer to rule 3.4 about quitting: https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-gt3-s15-rules-regulations.63410/#post-887512

Another thing: You all have to keep the voice and chat down during the race. Warnings about hay bales, crashes and cars on track are ok as well as informing of pulling over for blue flags - at least on a track like Rouen. The occasional joke and banter is fine with me, if it happens once every 20 minutes or so ;)

But please don't insult and shout things like "WTF ARE YOU DOING" or "thanks for ruining my race" or "are you serious what is this rejoin" - we've been through this already.

Apart from that: Very close and intense racing! :)

Fatworm

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2020
Looks like I missed out on some carnage :LOL:
Was so annoyed about not being able to race, the game was working fine, I just could not join the discord channel. Such a weird problem, never had it before and I could join any other discord server :unsure:
Yep quite a few of us had that problem, I managed to connect via a different device. I had to reset my router for it to work on my PC.

p4thos

F1 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
results are up!

Also: we had SIX guys quitting the race, as far as I remember not a single one of you had a disconnect... I refer to rule 3.4 about quitting: https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-gt3-s15-rules-regulations.63410/#post-887512

Another thing: You all have to keep the voice and chat down during the race. Warnings about hay bales, crashes and cars on track are ok as well as informing of pulling over for blue flags - at least on a track like Rouen. The occasional joke and banter is fine with me, if it happens once every 20 minutes or so ;)

But please don't insult and shout things like "WTF ARE YOU DOING" or "thanks for ruining my race" or "are you serious what is this rejoin" - we've been through this already.

You are right about quitting. Also, on some low/medium end PCs, people leaving the server cause stutter...

Fatworm

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2020
results are up!

Hi Boss!

Sorry where do I find the results and standings?

Cheers
Fatworm

Sorry just found it.

Last edited:

Clank24401

AOR PC GT3 Am S8 Champion
Oct 31, 2017
Yep quite a few of us had that problem, I managed to connect via a different device. I had to reset my router for it to work on my PC.
Yeah I saw there were others with the same problem. I couldn't get anything to work for me, tried restarting discord, PC, router, basically everything.

At least you guys put on a good show for the livestream :ROFLMAO:

• Funny
Reactions: StephenCarry

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
I apologise for doing this and feel that it was mostly me. However, I felt something needed to be said at the time to remind people of the rules, as I was constantly on the receiving end of silly incidents that could have been avoided and quite frankly, it was just ridiculous.

Granted, I was a bit too aggressive with my remarks, but it was incident after incident and I'd had enough by that point.

There were moments where it felt worse than an online public lobby. The level of driving from some people was just awful - bad rejoins, dodgy overtakes, punted whilst being lapped, etc.

Yet, the practice race seemed to go much better than the actual race - or at least for me anyway. I would have expected it to be the other way around.

I know I'm not perfect (nobody is), and even I made several mistakes in that race (largely due to all the other incidents), but there were some drivers out there who were just all over the place and seemed to not care about those around them.

I highly recommend for everyone to at least turn proximity arrows on in the game options and perhaps look into getting some sort of crew chief thing going. Also turn on relative times and the mini map too so you can not only see where people are, but how close they are too.

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
I mean it can happen to anyone as you mentioned yoursself and I was guilty of it as well when I started here a few months ago. The occasinal "outburst" - well ok, things happen in the heat of the race and believe you me - I'm full of adrenaline at every start of every race! Nothing a quick "keep it down lads" cann handle. But this happened in all 3 races so far (and even in the qualifyings) and don't get me started about ACC with almost 40 drivers in discord...

But it's not only been you, it's just been waaaaay too much and waaay too many guys complaining/arguing and we coords are keeping an eye and an ear for this in the next races to finally close this down.

And if you feel unnecessarily being punted or anything: there's always a time after the race to talk or message. And if nothing helps, the stewards. Sidenote: almost always people don't drive mad intentionally, but are heated up, don't see something or simply misjudge a situation. Take it as a chance to get better as rivals and fellow racers with talking about it - friendly and respectul of course - I'd say :)

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
Thanks @StephenCarry :)

Yeah, I wasn't saying people were doing it deliberately and you're right that people were probably just as annoyed as me, which could have been a factor in the incidents.

I just thought that there were quite a few times where the level of driving was a bit sub-par, but again, I'm sure that nobody was doing it deliberately.

Perhaps the track didn't help either. As we all know, Rouen Les Essarts isn't an easy track. It's basically the French Nordschleife, so one mistake and you've lost your mojo straight away - which I suspect is what contributed to these issues.

But, all is good anyway. I just wanted to make a bit of a point to remind people of the rules and to help people be more aware of things like this.

I'm positive that everyone will have a great race at Ruapuna Park next week (y)

Reactions: StephenCarry