PC - AOR GT3 S15 - PC Tier 1 - Round 3: Ruapuna GP - 08.04.20 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S15 - PC Tier 1 - Round 3: Ruapuna GP - 08.04.20 @8pm UK time

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019

ROUND 3 - Ruapuna GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday April 8th 2020
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: No qualifying for this round! Starting order will be reversed championship standings.
- Race: 66 Laps (1 formation lap + 65 race laps)

● Weather Conditions:
- Race:
Clear -
Overcast (Sync-to-race)

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Race start time: 30/04/20 15:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:
@pun

Uninformed No Shows:

Last edited:
  • Burn
Reactions: /CSR/ speedy.go

StephenCarry

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
Reserves allowed to race:

@pun
@Allen

Please let me know whether or not you can race in this thread please!

p4thos

F1 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
Now, this is a proper racing track! Only raced here, some seasons ago, with rain conditions. It's going to be a very intense race, considering there's plenty overtake opportunities :)

StephenCarry

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
that makes @Allen and @CoatesGTR allowed to join. Let me know if you can pls!

Also after 6 guys just left Rouen #2 midrace, I'd like to remind everybody again that quitting midrace is not allowed and replays are mandatory to be saved.

Gwegwyn

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 13, 2017
@StephenCarry Could you post a provisional starting order? That way we have a rough idea where we start on the grid. Which might make it easier to form te grid come raceday.

Reactions: StephenCarry

StephenCarry

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
@Gwegwyn oh boy of course, thank you so much for reminding me!!!

We had some internal discussions about it, but I'll update this post in 3-5mins with the prov. starting order!

so here it is boys! Feel free to check if I made mistakes. Note: No finish means back of the grid and @pun is an informed no-show :)

pc2_ruapuna_startingorder_v1.png

Last edited:

p4thos

F1 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
In the last race, the rolling start did not go very well, as you can see:

Anyway, no one was awarded with a penalty, but that can change...
So, without wanting to offend anyone, I take the opportunity to remember the basic rules:

It is very important that, immediately after the formation point, the leader slows down and everyone takes their positions as quickly as possible. In the case of this track, the odds occupy the positions on the left and the evens occupy the position on the right.

BTW, to avoid the carnage of the last race, remember that it is a 1h30 race ...

StephenCarry

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
In the last race, the rolling start did not go very well [...]

It is very important that, immediately after the formation point, the leader slows down and everyone takes their positions as quickly as possible. In the case of this track, the odds occupy the positions on the left and the evens occupy the position on the right.
Very good point!

I advise the top spots to take a look into the rules, the starting procedure as @p4thos posted it, as well as the formation point and acceleration zone.

I don't want to hear "where do I have to slow down?" or anything like that :p

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
I agree with @p4thos, it was an interesting formation lap.

I felt the calling of the names was good and meant people could get into position pretty swiftly. However, once the formation lap properly got going, there were some big gaps throughout the field.

There was a concertina effect caused by people going to slow, and then suddenly flooring it to catch-up only to then slam on the brakes causing everyone behind to have a "code brown" moment.

So, to add to what @p4thos said, here's how it should go:

1. Wait for the lights to go green
  2. Wait for a few seconds, then move to one side
  3. Names are called and drivers slowly drive to the end of sector 1
  4. Once all drivers have caught up, the formation lap starts
  5. Drivers go at 130 KPH (80 MPH) until the formation zone
  6. Drivers then slow down to 80 KPH (50 MPH) and begin forming up side-by-side
  7. Once formed up, drivers head to the acceleration zone
  8. The leader then decides when to go and the race begins
Hope this helps :)

Nuno Aparicio

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 30, 2020
In the last race, the rolling start did not go very well, as you can see:

Anyway, no one was awarded with a penalty, but that can change...
So, without wanting to offend anyone, I take the opportunity to remember the basic rules:

BTW, to avoid the carnage of the last race, remember that it is a 1h30 race ...
Hi p4thos,

What do you mean it didtn went very well? Because of the big gap behind?
I also noticed people didnt knew what to do... The guy who was in second was trying to continuously go behind the 1st instead of being on this side...

Regard
Nuno

p4thos

F1 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
It was not my intention to point fingers.

Something did not go well, as we all feel in the race and as can be seen from the video, and the important thing is that from now on everyone knows exactly what the correct procedure is.

After all, this is Tier 1, not Tier 3 ...

Gwegwyn

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 13, 2017
So, quick question: Hard or Soft tires? Because both do not appear to work properly for me. Hard suffers from hypothermia while soft is hotter than the sun... At least, that's on the Caddy. No idea how it's like on the other cars. So if anybody is willing to share their experience, I'd be greatful.

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
So, quick question: Hard or Soft tires? Because both do not appear to work properly for me. Hard suffers from hypothermia while soft is hotter than the sun... At least, that's on the Caddy. No idea how it's like on the other cars. So if anybody is willing to share their experience, I'd be greatful.
The track temperature was around 18°c so should be fine for softs. However, in the practice race, I was struggling for grip after a few laps, but that might be my setup rather than the tyres.

p4thos

F1 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
Softs.

p4thos

F1 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
@Gwegwyn not sure if it's a Cadillac thing... In the audi, the softs work very well, at least in my offline practice sessions...

Gwegwyn

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 13, 2017
@p4thos Just tried the soft in offline practice, but after 3 laps the tires are overheating and losing grip rapidly. So I guess I’ll be using hard tires tonight. Bit less grip, but no overheating.

Reactions: WMDRMartin

StephenCarry

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
@Gwegwyn not sure if it's a Cadillac thing... In the audi, the softs work very well, at least in my offline practice sessions...
@p4thos Just tried the soft in offline practice, but after 3 laps the tires are overheating and losing grip rapidly. So I guess I’ll be using hard tires tonight. Bit less grip, but no overheating.
you guys MUST practice in private online sessions. Offline is completely different :oops:

I tested:

offline: superb grip, perfect temps, nice 1.88 pressure.
online with 20 cars in a practice: 8/10 grip, temps a bit cold, 1.92 pressure, but ok.
online race yesterday: NO grip at all, temps range from 70 to 110, pressure at 2.05 bar o_O