PC - AOR GT3 S15 - PC Tier 1 - Round 3: Ruapuna GP - 08.04.20 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S15 - PC Tier 1 - Round 3: Ruapuna GP - 08.04.20 @8pm UK time

tRIP..

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 7, 2017
Quit early. Those overcast conditions (and that you can see across the entire track) were making my vr fps drop like a stone for 60% of the lap. A lot of the time in sector 2, it was guesswork where the corners are lol

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
WHOAH what a race that was!

@tRIP.. @Allen jesus our fights! For how long? 15? 20 laps? so amazing! :love:

also shoutout to all the backmarkers. Tbh I thought there would be a lot more trouble bcs this Go-Kart/Supermoto track is just too damn narrow. Also lovely fighting as there haven't been much incidents, if any.

Great track btw for practicing trail braking and careful acceleration, nice addition to the calendar!

Also WHAT A FINISH FOR THE TOP 3! :eek:

Tiagus

Pro Karter
Jan 30, 2020
hi, something went wrong when the race fiinished , the game put me as DNF while i finished the race until the lane
@StephenCarry

here the results with that DNF :mad:. finished p15 by 0.2 sec from Tiago who have 3sec penality and i have 2sec, so ii think the result must be P14 :rolleyes:
View attachment 109024

You didn't finish 0.2 sec of me because we had one more lap to go, the first place cross the finish line behind us. You didn't complete that last lap.
Actually I thought the same as you, that's why you see my car on the grass. but then I realized that I had to finish that last lap.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Enton

Mr zak

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 4, 2019
You didn't finish 0.2 sec of me because we had one more lap to go, the first place cross the finish line behind us. You didn't complete that last lap.
Actually I thought the same as you, that's why you see my car on the grass. but then I realized that I had to finish that last lap.
Nop i had the timer bro , the time that was written race finished ! If it so
no it was a timer with a written race finished.
So if folow your judge ,why the p16,17,18... didnt got dnf they had only 64 lap too...

• Agree
Reactions: /CSR/ speedy.go

Gwegwyn

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 13, 2017
@Mr zak It depends on when you cross the line relative to the person in P1. As you can see in your replay, P1 (@Fubarr ) was very close behind you when he finished the race, yet in front of me and @Oto Winkler . Everybody has to cross the finish once after P1 had finished the race. Since you where “ahead” of P1 when he had finished, you had to complete that lap. You can also look at the total time of those in front of you and behind you. The timer you speak of simply gives you the time you have left to complete that last lap. If you do not compete that lap in the given time, you get a DNF. When you have finished a race, I believe you see a tekst saying “cooldownlap active” or something like that.

Last edited:

subkkonen

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 9, 2016
you guys MUST practice in private online sessions. Offline is completely different :oops:

I tested:

offline: superb grip, perfect temps, nice 1.88 pressure.
online with 20 cars in a practice: 8/10 grip, temps a bit cold, 1.92 pressure, but ok.
online race yesterday: NO grip at all, temps range from 70 to 110, pressure at 2.05 bar o_O
Another difference might be fuel consumption. At the practice race at Tuesday my wheel had that bug where it was not working at the start of the race, so I had to quit and set up my one race with AI, and I did it offline. At the end of the race, I had 15 liters of the fuel left. So I was pretty confident I don't need to add any fuel during my mandatory pit stop. But, at the end of our race yesterday, I was on the edge of not having enough fuel to finish, and I didn't wanted to risk it and made a 2nd pit stop and added 10 more liters. Also got penalty for speeding in the pit lane when I disengaged pit limiter a few millimeters before pit exit :oops:

In general, it was a good race for me, despite getting a lot of track limit penalties and pitting two times. @/CSR/ speedy.go I knew you are faster than me but I was determined to defend as long as I can (to practice and get better at it), and thank you for your patience in all those laps! Sorry if I defended too aggressively.

Oto Winkler

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 3, 2020
So, quick question: Hard or Soft tires? Because both do not appear to work properly for me. Hard suffers from hypothermia while soft is hotter than the sun... At least, that's on the Caddy. No idea how it's like on the other cars. So if anybody is willing to share their experience, I'd be greatful.
I've noticed that when I have set my Power Ramp to prevent tire slip out of corner my temps went down significantly. I was surprised. It was usually R rear tire that was going to 107C and then after adjustment just 90 max. Also, I used once at Hockenheim just one tire was Hard Slick as that one was overheating and I thought that the tires held really well.

• Useful
Reactions: subkkonen

Gwegwyn

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 13, 2017
@Oto Winkler I used the hard tires yesterday and through the entire race the tires on the right where above 95 C and on the left above 85 C. Mostly the front tires where taking the beating. Anyway, to compensate for the lack of grip I ran a full downforce setup. That made me faster through the corners, but slower on the straight. Still, conditions where meh at best.

Oto Winkler

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 3, 2020
I've noticed that when I have set my Power Ramp to prevent tire slip out of corner my temps went down significantly. I was surprised. It was usually R rear tire that was going to 107C and then after adjustment just 90 max. Also, I used once at Hockenheim just one tire was Hard Slick as that one was overheating and I thought that the tires held really well.
And that's all thanks to @Yorkie065 video
at the time 14:13 explained CLUTCH LSD. I had it all wrong in my understanding... I thought more Power Ramp = more differential effect. So just by setting my car up I managed around 1 sec in average faster than in my practice race. Thanks Yorkie for those videos.

Oto Winkler

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 3, 2020
@Oto Winkler I used the hard tires yesterday and through the entire race the tires on the right where above 95 C and on the left above 85 C. Mostly the front tires where taking the beating. Anyway, to compensate for the lack of grip I ran a full downforce setup. That made me faster through the corners, but slower on the straight. Still, conditions where meh at best.
Plus, I almost had you yesterday... I thought you had some damage... Or did I become faster?

Gwegwyn

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 13, 2017
I was frustrated with how the race went. That frustration had an impact on my driving, which in turn led to more frustration. So in the end my driving was very poor and the laptimes very slow. And then we had Speedy who kept on driving without a rear wing, blocking me when he spun the car.

I hope next week isn't as terrible as this week was.

/CSR/ speedy.go

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 17, 2019
@subkkonen : In general, it was a good race for me, despite getting a lot of track limit penalties and pitting two times. @/CSR/ speedy.go I knew you are faster than me but I was determined to defend as long as I can (to practice and get better at it), and thank you for your patience in all those laps! Sorry if I defended too aggressively.

Battling you, @StrongestAvenger and @p4thos was only good and enjoyable thing about this downunder kiwi gokart track(not a great idea to put 90min reverse order grid HERE).
Maybe u were defending aggressively but that is your RIGHT my Balcan friend:cool::p( u were in racing adrenaline rush,i mean we are a RACERS after all,not TAXI DRIVERS:ROFLMAO:). I was only flashing later when i managed to overtook u cause u got a penalty of 9sec @time and i was having 4sec-so if u think about it u could go easier with defending and we all would be much further in track because we were loosing great deal of time that way!

Bad race 4 me, after i practiced cca 500+km on, like @p4thos mentioned earlier BAD formation lap and start AGAIN+ crash @1st turn:mad:.
I will post my F12 shots later, also need to get that 30sec penalty removal later on!

Last edited:

Oto Winkler

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 3, 2020
I was frustrated with how the race went. That frustration had an impact on my driving, which in turn led to more frustration. So in the end my driving was very poor and the laptimes very slow. And then we had Speedy who kept on driving without a rear wing, blocking me when he spun the car.

I've seen it. When he spun I went off-roading and you went in front of me. I was really focused to be consistent. Not to make mistakes... but 90 min race, yes it can be frustrating, especially when the setup is wrong and it's not holding in corners well. Hopefully, next race you'll have more fun.

/CSR/ speedy.go

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 17, 2019
@Gwegwyn : I was frustrated with how the race went. That frustration had an impact on my driving, which in turn led to more frustration. So in the end my driving was very poor and the laptimes very slow. And then we had Speedy who kept on driving without a rear wing, blocking me when he spun the car.

@Gwegwyn same here man, i was on verge to just quit:cautious:, but broken wing @5 laps to go i decided to finish than, with no extra pit 4 repair.

PS im glad that mi tm8 @jogurc managed to salvage some more points with mi setup(y) .
Off Topic was easier to get sleep:sleep: with a taught of United Kingdom of Great Germany(crazy Steffan) and with @WMDRMartin crazy joker wipers ON :LOL::ROFLMAO: .

Last edited:

Gwegwyn

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 13, 2017
@Gwegwyn same here man, i was on verge to just quit:cautious:, but broken wing @5 laps to go i decided to finish than, with no extra pit 4 repair.

PS im glad that mi tm8 @jogurc managed to salvage some more points with mi setup(y) .
Off Topic was easier to get sleep:sleep: with a taught of United Kingdom of Great Germany(crazy Steffan) and with @WMDRMartin crazy joker wipers ON :LOL::ROFLMAO: .
I understand that you would not want to pit with only 5 laps to go, but it nearly cost me a position to @Oto Winkler . In the end I was lucky (and he unlucky) that his penalty was big enough for me to finish ahead of him. Would have been nice if you had simply let us pass, since we were backmarkers but a lot faster than you with you wing missing. Anyway, all is good in the end, so no hard feelings :D And kudos for not giving up!

• Surprised
Reactions: /CSR/ speedy.go

Oto Winkler

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 3, 2020
I understand that you would not want to pit with only 5 laps to go, but it nearly cost me a position to @Oto Winkler . In the end I was lucky (and he unlucky) that his penalty was big enough for me to finish ahead of him. Would have been nice if you had simply let us pass, since we were backmarkers but a lot faster than you with you wing missing. Anyway, all is good in the end, so no hard feelings :D And kudos for not giving up!
Yes no hard feelings here either. I just was glad I didn't finish the last one And every little battle around people of similar pace is well worth it. I must say there is a lot of respect in this community. I was a few time in ACC in a random lobby with lover SA rating and was hit all the time. Even in a middle of a wide straight on Monza track. Next tracks should be wider for overtaking (except Monaco).