PC - AOR GT3 S15 - PC Tier 1 - Round 3: Ruapuna GP - 08.04.20 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S15 - PC Tier 1 - Round 3: Ruapuna GP - 08.04.20 @8pm UK time

/CSR/ speedy.go

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 17, 2019
@Gwegwyn : I understand that you would not want to pit with only 5 laps to go, but it nearly cost me a position to @Oto Winkler . In the end I was lucky (and he unlucky) that his penalty was big enough for me to finish ahead of him. Would have been nice if you had simply let us pass, since we were backmarkers but a lot faster than you with you wing missing. Anyway, all is good in the end, so no hard feelings :D And kudos for not giving up!

Just saw my replay an 1h ago, and realized that u were lap behind:confused:, since i somehow diminished relative board with wrong button on wheel i actualy tought that it was for position!
Wow-totaly my bad, really sorry :cry:. Was kinda strange cause i was wondering why dont u pass me with clear pace diff becouse loss or RWing. Im glad it didnt affect your positions Oto and Gwegwin.psfuuuuu:whistle:. No harm no faul, than i can joke:who needs DF anyway:p:D its overrated.

Oto Winkler

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 3, 2020
@Gwegwyn : I understand that you would not want to pit with only 5 laps to go, but it nearly cost me a position to @Oto Winkler . In the end I was lucky (and he unlucky) that his penalty was big enough for me to finish ahead of him. Would have been nice if you had simply let us pass, since we were backmarkers but a lot faster than you with you wing missing. Anyway, all is good in the end, so no hard feelings :D And kudos for not giving up!

Just saw my replay an 1h ago, and realized that u were lap behind:confused:, since i somehow diminished relative board with wrong button on wheel i actualy tought that it was for position!
Wow-totaly my bad, really sorry :cry:. Was kinda strange cause i was wondering why dont u pass me with clear pace diff becouse loss or RWing. Im glad it didnt affect your positions Oto and Gwegwin.psfuuuuu:whistle:. No harm no faul, than i can joke:who needs DF anyway:p:D its overrated.
I think I was just about catching up with you without your wing.

• Friendly
Reactions: /CSR/ speedy.go

/CSR/ speedy.go

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 17, 2019
When i think about in hindsight of that kiwi down under Race, it was actualy decent espetialy mid to end of 5 laps of Race. It was bad start @1st lap T1 with racing incident @Allen touching a curb and spins in front of me:eek:. Got damage 10 front so early pits+splash&dash+10sec for repairs.Really bad luck my friend @Allen (we couldnt do nothing about that) sorry for all guys incuded.

Than i was at leaders pace with avg of 1 19 8, PB in race was 19 5or6:cool:.
Managed to overtake @Nuno Aparicio , @Fatworm + many more of drivers:D .

Than i was in 7th or 8th pos 40-50/66 laps fighting with @subkkonen , defending from my Balcan friend @StrongestAvenger wich we excanged pos about 4or5 time by than, and @p4thos who was very good!

Shame that i spined 74th minute mark in dirty air behaind bacmarker @Oto Winkler(wasent your fault man;)) couse p4thos was attackin and i was aiming 4 gap.Seems Audi very strong on this track+ mid/late race with track conds worse and colder evan better. @that DNAge i got that redicoulous 30sec penalty!:mad:
1586452317482.png

P4thos was w8ing, thanks man(y), but i got 30s penalty for passing him on grass(becouse i was affraid of bad rejoining-i stuck to grass).

Than i got halfspin 5or6laps to end @T1 and backmarker in blue 911 slighltly nocks me at doors and RearWing falls off. Hope u dint get any dmg from that Nuno or Tiago:oops:.
All is history now-hope 4 better times @HHeim:whistle::cool:

Attachments

Last edited:

Clank24401

AOR PC GT3 Am S8 Champion
Oct 31, 2017
Another race to forget for me, started really well, kept the lead and pulled a 2 second gap quite early on, pace was good lapping in the mid 1:20s. But from about lap 5 onward it felt like all the grip just vanished and never came back. Suddenly my lap times were in the 22s and 23s at best. Didn't happen when I practiced, maybe I just pushed too hard and overheated the tyres, I don't really know. :(

subkkonen

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 9, 2016
Another race to forget for me, started really well, kept the lead and pulled a 2 second gap quite early on, pace was good lapping in the mid 1:20s. But from about lap 5 onward it felt like all the grip just vanished and never came back. Suddenly my lap times were in the 22s and 23s at best. Didn't happen when I practiced, maybe I just pushed too hard and overheated the tyres, I don't really know. :(
It turns out that tires are the most important thing to setup before the race.

And try not to push much more than in the practice, you will not find much time and you will be prone to make much more mistakes. It seems like this philosophy makes me more calm and focused during the race.

Reactions: Oto Winkler

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
Well...
My plan was to pit very early, and get some clean air, to try and Undercut as many ppl as possible, but then I just ended up passing quite a few ppl in the first couple of laps, and everyone was driving well, so I felt I could carry on.
A massive thank you to all that could see past defending against the faster guys.
I was worried that it's not a great track for overtaking on, and wouldn't be too hard to get stuck behind someone, even if they are only 1s per lap slower.
But managed to keep gaining places, so stayed out, and had loads of fun mini battles with many of you guys.

And huge thanks for all the guys moving over for the blue flags!

Those bloody track limits were strict though :<
I swear I wasn't over on at least 1 of them, but still picked the penalty up...
Cost me a win I guess, but I guess that's Risk v Reward...

Grats @inkychris I guess the Go-Kart car was always going to be strong on the Go-Kart track... But still, I know how hard I had to drive, So I'm quite sure you had to work for it!
Grats @Fubarr as well \o/ Awesome pile of points for team FubRex!!!

Oto Winkler

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 3, 2020
Well...
My plan was to pit very early, and get some clean air, to try and Undercut as many ppl as possible, but then I just ended up passing quite a few ppl in the first couple of laps, and everyone was driving well, so I felt I could carry on.
A massive thank you to all that could see past defending against the faster guys.
I was worried that it's not a great track for overtaking on, and wouldn't be too hard to get stuck behind someone, even if they are only 1s per lap slower.
But managed to keep gaining places, so stayed out, and had loads of fun mini battles with many of you guys.

And huge thanks for all the guys moving over for the blue flags!

Those bloody track limits were strict though :<
I swear I wasn't over on at least 1 of them, but still picked the penalty up...
Cost me a win I guess, but I guess that's Risk v Reward...

Grats @inkychris I guess the Go-Kart car was always going to be strong on the Go-Kart track... But still, I know how hard I had to drive, So I'm quite sure you had to work for it!
Grats @Fubarr as well \o/ Awesome pile of points for team FubRex!!!
You guys are so fast I must watch your driving style to get some ideas. Well done all of you.

inkychris

AOR PC GT3 S12 T2 Champion
Dec 9, 2018
I was concerned after getting caught up in L1T1 with @/CSR/ speedy.go but only really lost a few seconds to @AndrexUK who'd managed to go round the other side of the incident unscathed! Had 6% aero damage but caught up with the pack quickly enough while everyone was still close together. Pushed hard until I'd burned enough fuel (turns out didn't need to take as much as I thought) and went for the early pit, mostly to repair damage, then spent the rest of the race trying to stay out of trouble and put the laps in.

Got the gap to P1 down from around 33 seconds down to 27 by the time I'd caught @Allen, @tRIP.. and Germany (@StephenCarry ?). Got past the last of the 3 but then just gave a little love tap to the 2nd guy which pushed me back behind the group again. Eventually got past those 3 but back up to about 33 seconds off the leader so just went full concentration mode.

I was expecting pit stops to be about 25 seconds so when Andrex was maybe 28 seconds ahead and pitted, I was expecting him to come out just infront, but to my confusion he we nowhere to be seen!.. the ideal engine damage repair strat brought him out 10 seconds ahead. At this point I was expecting best case, 3rd place but pushed on anywhere, closing the gap but assuming that @Fubarr would be coming out of the pits further ahead than I'd originally hoped.

Could see I was closing to Andrex who was in turn just coming up on @jogurc so hoped for some slow down between those 2 and managed to close up to them. Jogurc kept me behind for a lap or two making me think that this was it and Andrex would get away, but managed to make it past and then, seemly out of nowhere, Fubarr emerged from the pit lane a mere second ahead of Andrex which surprised the hell out of me, this time in a good way! Looked at the deltas and noticed all the penalties everyone had picked up and thought, "wait...have I done it?". Had one final panic moment trying to get past a backmarker with P1 to P3 split by about 2 seconds which could have spelt the end for finishing P1 but managed to keep on the back of Andrex and won on adjusted time!

Very glad I spent the time testing track limits; went the whole race without a warning so I guess it paid off! It's the kind of racing we want though, 2 seconds across the podium after a 90 minute race!

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
@inkychris how in the universe did you get the Z4 to not oversteer a tiny bit?! I saw you go full crazy in front of me without any slipping or anything! :O

btw my vod. OBS reacted really slow, so I wanted to ALT+F4 it after 3 laps but then all of a sudden it switched to ingame view - which I had done 5 minutes before or so :D

Also: awesome battles with trip and allen around laps 15 to 25 :)

Reactions: Oto Winkler

inkychris

AOR PC GT3 S12 T2 Champion
Dec 9, 2018
@StephenCarry to be fair, I'd been tuning the car for this track the whole week. Ended up with quite an asymetrical setup for pressures, suspension and dampers. Kept the setup as soft as I could. Car was breaking traction quite progressively and made sure to make it a little more pointy in offline practice than I wanted because online always seems to give me understeer. Then it was a case of being SUPER progressive on the pedals, I was borderline on rear tyre temps the whole way round. If I'd tried to push harder it would have melted them and i'd have lost loads of time. Just had to trust that I had the pace with what felt like slow and steady laps, but it was that "slow" smoothness and care with the driver inputs which meant I could maintain the pace for the whole race. "Exploring" all of the track limits in a controlled way helped too because I knew exactly how the car felt over every kerb and how it reacted, ie. predicting oversteer through turn 2 so already straightening up the wheel at the apex and modulating the throttle. Car certainly wasn't driving itself, felt like I was as hot as my tyres by the end of the race!

Oto Winkler

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 3, 2020
@StephenCarry to be fair, I'd been tuning the car for this track the whole week. Ended up with quite an asymetrical setup for pressures, suspension and dampers. Kept the setup as soft as I could. Car was breaking traction quite progressively and made sure to make it a little more pointy in offline practice than I wanted because online always seems to give me understeer. Then it was a case of being SUPER progressive on the pedals, I was borderline on rear tyre temps the whole way round. If I'd tried to push harder it would have melted them and i'd have lost loads of time. Just had to trust that I had the pace with what felt like slow and steady laps, but it was that "slow" smoothness and care with the driver inputs which meant I could maintain the pace for the whole race. "Exploring" all of the track limits in a controlled way helped too because I knew exactly how the car felt over every kerb and how it reacted, ie. predicting oversteer through turn 2 so already straightening up the wheel at the apex and modulating the throttle. Car certainly wasn't driving itself, felt like I was as hot as my tyres by the end of the race!
Man, you have shown some skills! Well done!

Reactions: inkychris