PC - AOR GT3 S15 - PC Tier 2 - Ruapuna Park GP - 08.04.20 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S15 - PC Tier 2 - Ruapuna Park GP - 08.04.20 @8pm UK time

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

ROUND 3 - Ruapuna GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday April 8th 2020
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: No qualifying for this round! Starting order will be reversed championship standings.
- Race: 66 Laps (1 formation lap + 65 race laps)

● Weather Conditions:
- Race:
Clear -
Overcast (Sync-to-race)

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Race start time: 30/04/20 15:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:
- @Steve Allan [x3]
- @BruceHamill [x1]
- @blanksy [x1]

Uninformed No Shows:
- @thehawk375 [x1]
- @Thomas Dikken [x3]

Last edited:

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
So I'm currently in a bit of a pickle here, excuse the pun :p

As you know, I had to retire before the start of the second race yesterday due to having lag issues. I really don't know what causes this as my internet speed seems to be just fine and I'm running wired. UDP is off and even yesterday when @MADDOG was hosting I was still having issues. If anyone has any suggestions as to what it might be I would really appreciate some suggestions. My internet speeds are just fine as you can see below so I highly doubt it's got anything to do with that. I'm at a bit of a dead end as to what to do, so suggestions are welcome from all of you :)

EikeSky

Formula 4 1st Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 4, 2017
So I'm currently in a bit of a pickle here, excuse the pun :p

As you know, I had to retire before the start of the second race yesterday due to having lag issues. I really don't know what causes this as my internet speed seems to be just fine and I'm running wired. UDP is off and even yesterday when @MADDOG was hosting I was still having issues. If anyone has any suggestions as to what it might be I would really appreciate some suggestions. My internet speeds are just fine as you can see below so I highly doubt it's got anything to do with that. I'm at a bit of a dead end as to what to do, so suggestions are welcome from all of you :)

Do you have any kind of management on your internet line? I've had it on previous suppliers that would tell when I was gaming for long periods and throttle the entire line because of "balancing" or something stupid.

Another option could be to port forward the relevent ports on your router to try and remove interference there. Unless you are using a router not supplied by your internet company, there's any number of patches and "fixes" they could apply without your knowledge.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Another option could be to port forward the relevent ports on your router to try and remove interference there. Unless you are using a router not supplied by your internet company, there's any number of patches and "fixes" they could apply without your knowledge.
Hm, will try and figure out how to do that :unsure:

Reactions: EikeSky

Mewkaqt

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 14, 2020
I was looking at that starting order and i'm like 'no way i'm last' well rip me.
Just remember i kinda cannot do really smooth throttle in, but ill try my best by tapping like crazy to maintain speed before final launch.

@TicklishPicklewickle i will shoot that your net actually don't give enough 'packs' to project cars servers - since if you host lobby its fine for other racers but not for you.
When MADDOG hosted it and you still was having trouble , well u were still lagging tho. Basically your internet is fine but for (who knows why) some reason lost it's optimalization to pcars2.

I have no idea what programs are you using , what they cause or what not, what you have on your pc or not, but it's kinda like butterfly effect it might be some stupid windows regfile that's blocking it. Or a wild pidgeon sitting on wires xD. The possibility is same tbh ^^

I suggest you to download some software that optimalize your TCP connections.
If that won't help let me know i'll try to figure something out.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I was looking at that starting order and i'm like 'no way i'm last' well rip me.
Just remember i kinda cannot do really smooth throttle in, but ill try my best by tapping like crazy to maintain speed before final launch.
Are you also using the d-pad for throttle? You should probably set it to the left bumper (or R2 in PS language) so you have more control over your throttle input

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I suggest you to download some software that optimalize your TCP connections.
If that won't help let me know i'll try to figure something out.
Any software you can recommend or know that people have used in the past? Don't just wanna download a random software from the interwebz unless I know it's legit :p

Mewkaqt

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 14, 2020
X to be precise , tried with R2 failed miserably tbh.
If you are by any chance Windows XP or Vista user i got something perfect but i don't guarantee it will work with pcars since it was an mmorpg thing

About software i was using 'TCP Optimizer' long time ago cause u can revert changes at any time

Last edited:

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
X to be precise , tried with R2 failed miserably tbh.
So what you're saying is you find it easier to drive with your throttle as an on/off switch rather than a slider? That seems very wierd to me :p
If you are by any chance Windows XP or Vista user i got something perfect but i don't guarantee it will work with pcars since it was an mmorpg thing

About software i was using 'TCP Optimizer' long time ago cause u can revert changes at any time
Win10 unfortunately. Wouldn't use Vista if my life depended on it tbh :p

I'll try out TCP Optimizer :)

EikeSky

Formula 4 1st Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 4, 2017
Any software you can recommend or know that people have used in the past? Don't just wanna download a random software from the interwebz unless I know it's legit :p
Here are your ports to forward: https://portforward.com/project-cars-2/
The site also gives guides on how to manually set ports up to allow data by manufacturer or ISP. Hope this gives a jumping off point :)

Mewkaqt

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 14, 2020
i wouldn't say easier. Just more comfortable since when i played consoles i was only using this things, and i think i'm too much used to it.

Yea same, but still wanted to ask tho. I'm gonna do more research if i got some free time. But you should defo try what @EikeSky just mentioned.

EikeSky

Formula 4 1st Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 4, 2017
i wouldn't say easier. Just more comfortable since when i played consoles i was only using this things, and i think i'm too much used to it.

Yea same, but still wanted to ask tho. I'm gonna do more research if i got some free time. But you should defo try what @EikeSky just mentioned.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of downloading things off the web to do something I can do with some specific information and a how-to. We run enough overhead with Discord and plugins/addons working in the background of sim racing anyway :p

Mearcat

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 9, 2018
I'm at a bit of a dead end as to what to do, so suggestions are welcome from all of you :)
I can only think of the basic ones such as Winupdate and steam without knowing what your normally running in the background. Other things would be controller profilers (Razer, TM or Logitech). Basically you need to check anything that might be set to auto download. Steam is a good example, disable "allow downloads in the background" and any "keep this upto date" for any of the games.
Star citizens launcher for instance nicks nearly all of the bandwidth when it updates. Not even dischord or Teamspeak work properly when that updates.

Do you have any film services such as netflix etc? Just guessing here as my Sky service updates their (my) router every Thursday at midnight for 1/2 hr. No internet during that period.

Other things I found on mine were kids hooking up and watching their vids just as I'm about to start racing. I have set a rule or process up in the router to prioritise PC2 on a wednesday from 6-10 for half the bandwidth of my net connection. Pees the wife off because it slows her depressive crud shes watching on the TV.

As some others said there will be something running that has a higher priority for the internet and is blocking up the network or your service is being throttled.
A side note, most service providers are now switching to fiber-optic systems which are all installed underground, so unfortunately, no "birdy/shopping bag on the wires" related issues.
Something that some of my ARMA group have come across is Tobyeye tracker was interfering with some services causing the CPU to bottle up.

Hope you find a solution. Your connection was fine Season 13 and start of 14 but has been declining for me from mid 14.

A note for everyone, not really related to Tickles issue:

One of the common kick to desktop problems is The "Winupdate" service. This will be set to run with high priority straight from windows install and with windows 10 there is no way to stop an update in the settings.

The only way to stop the updater running giving you the option to start it when you want, is to set the actual service process to "disabled" in "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\services"

Other kick to desktop problems can be any notification software (Facebook, Steam "again" etc) given priority in their settings

Mr Ferret

Pro Karter
Jan 27, 2020
@TicklishPicklewickle
If you have a spare hard drive it might be worth a fresh install of windows with minimal other software installed to see if that fixes things, it'll be a couple of hours work though.
Are public lobbies ok?
Test without discord running too.
You were fine racing in the clio cup just a couple of months ago.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
@TicklishPicklewickle
If you have a spare hard drive it might be worth a fresh install of windows with minimal other software installed to see if that fixes things, it'll be a couple of hours work though.
Are public lobbies ok?
Test without discord running too.
You were fine racing in the clio cup just a couple of months ago.
As a matter of fact, I've ordered a 250GB SSD + a 3TB HDD which I will be installing in the near future. So fingers crossed a clean wipe will do the trick as well

Last edited:
Reactions: martin78