PC - AOR GT3 S15 - PC Tier 2 - Ruapuna Park GP - 08.04.20 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S15 - PC Tier 2 - Ruapuna Park GP - 08.04.20 @8pm UK time

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Mewkaqt

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 14, 2020
Hey there! I don't know if i should tag all of you but let's try that way first.

I'm gonna run 90 minutes practice session today (05.04.2020) if any of you want to join because of boredoom , practice or for fun - you are feel free to come ;)

Track: Ruapuna Park GP (who would've guessed?)
Practice lobby will be open at 8:30pm (UK time) and will last for 15 minutes.
Practice lobby will be password protected - it will be same password, as on our GT3 T2 races
Practice session will have the same conditions as social races organized by Ticklish on Tuesdays, with exception - dmg will be off. (not sure if its off on social events)
There will be no quali after practice session.
There will be no race after practice session.

If there will be even minimum interest today they may be more practice sessions in a future.

NynS

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 23, 2019
Hey there! I don't know if i should tag all of you but let's try that way first.

I'm gonna run 90 minutes practice session today (05.04.2020) if any of you want to join because of boredoom , practice or for fun - you are feel free to come ;)

Track: Ruapuna Park GP (who would've guessed?)
Practice lobby will be open at 8:30pm (UK time) and will last for 15 minutes.
Practice lobby will be password protected - it will be same password, as on our GT3 T2 races
Practice session will have the same conditions as social races organized by Ticklish on Tuesdays, with exception - dmg will be off. (not sure if its off on social events)
There will be no quali after practice session.
There will be no race after practice session.

If there will be even minimum interest today they may be more practice sessions in a future.
Why no race :)?

I did a race yesterday hosting in a public server...somehow 7 pubbies decided to stick with me all the way to the end in 66 laps :D
I think you'll get a bunch of league people to join you anyway in evenings.

I would have been interested had I not raced 3.5h yesterday tho :)

• Winner
Reactions: StephenCarry

Mewkaqt

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 14, 2020
I might drop in race in a future , never said no ;D
Well i can run it 5-7 days a week even if ppl want to tbh ;)

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Alright, so 3 things has now been done to try and fix my connection issues:
  1. Forwarded all the ports that PC2 is using on my router
  2. Used a third-party app (TCP Optimizer) to try and optimize my internet even further
  3. Clean Windows install since I installed 2 fresh hard drives a couple days ago. I was also having issues with multi-second screenfreezes and one of my mates pointed out it might be one of my hard drives giving out (they'd been going for around 10-12 years so no wonder). Haven't had a single freeze since the switch so that's obviously good.
I ran some races in a public lobby (for the first time in over 3 years) for about an hour or so and there seemed to be no issues with lagging on my part. The only thing lacking were driving standards ;)
If there's one thing I've learned about this it is that I do not miss public lobby racing even one bit :whistle:

Steve Allan

F1 Sponsored Driver
May 12, 2019
If there's one thing I've learned about this it is that I do not miss public lobby racing even one bit :whistle:
The only public lobbies I've raced in recently and been pretty well behaved are (ironically) F1 2019 and GT Sport. Project cars 2 PL are perhaps the worse lobbies I've ever raced in. and was the whole reason why I wanted to get into league racing. I mean sure there are always scrapes in league racing but at least you can shout at people in discord*

*Other TeamSpeak programmes are out there lol

NynS

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 23, 2019
Plans for tonight, cant make the social, damn :( looking forward to tomorrow tho

blanksy

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 16, 2019
@blanksy you have a seat for tonight. Let me know if you can race
eeeek. i was afraid i might get called up for this one. i missed the practice race yesterday, and I haven't run enough laps on the circuit. I don't want to join and just crash out or make a mistake and punt someone out. I may have to bow out of this one due to ill preparedness. :confused: many apologies.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Unfortunately no, you still have an evaluation race to do
Part of being reserve is that you can get called up last minute. So even if you're not in at the start, that might change during the week. So please next time make sure you are prepared for every race as "unprepared" isn't really a proper excuse for not doing the race. If every reserve skipped the race due to being unprepared, we might as well not even have reserves in the first place

Reactions: blanksy

NynS

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 23, 2019
Part of being reserve is that you can get called up last minute. So even if you're not in at the start, that might change during the week. So please next time make sure you are prepared for every race as "unprepared" isn't really a proper excuse for not doing the race. If every reserve skipped the race due to being unprepared, we might as well not even have reserves in the first place
Often, even if you're reserve, you can show up in the lobby. If there's no spot, there's no spot, but you could almost always get in anyway :D