PS4 - AOR GT3 S15 - PS4 Evaluation Race 1 - 11 March 2020 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S15 - PS4 Evaluation Race 1 - 11 March 2020

BernoR_21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 19, 2020
@BernoR_21 I ran softs on a test session for 26 laps. My tyres were fine and would have easily done another 20 laps. Tyre temperature was also fine for me.

When I comes to tyres your car choice can have an effect as well. Some cars are kinder to tyres and others like to work them harder.
Thx! Indeed the car and setup will certainly have an effect. I used the Lambo with softs for 10 - 15 laps and temp was fine.

Reactions: Archie619

Andy_C_WFC

Junior Karter
Mar 6, 2020
I would like to join tonight’s 2nd lobby if there’s space instead of next weeks race.

PSN: Andy_C_WFC-1881

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
I won't be able to make it tonight unfortunately. My friend has a spare ticket for Liverpool v Atletico Madrid, so Im off to the match. Im penciled in for next Wednesday anyhow's. Have a great race tonight guy's & good luck to the Newbie Racers . (y);)

• Informative
Reactions: Slicker

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
as it stands we don't have enough for two lobbies, so we have included all those who need to do an evaluation.

revised lobby for tonight:-

host - @Slicker (psn RSlicker)

@Raoualf21731
@Archie619
@iSuperScrub
@Slicker
@leonardojoep
@Coco
@CHRSMELLYANAN
@Marcos Moutinho
@Alessio
@JaskoVR
@OasisFan95
@Bashful4
@n33za
@BernoR_21
@Davidgrundstrom
@scld1808

reserves:-

@Chechum
@Jarryd Vermeulen
@Duffinho
@JR-Lock-N-Load
@RacingAtHome
@Benji McCluskey
@papano92
@McKinda

if we get a few more sign-ups we may be able to post a second lobby...

Chechum

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 13, 2018
Count on me for the race with reserves!
I've changed a bit my schedule after seeing few reserves, so I'm not sure I would get in time for a possible second lobby. If there is a second race, please let me know anyway :)

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Disconnected from session. Was running good. Stable connection, no lag. Still disconnected. Is it really worth bothering with this game.....

Before anyone mentions it I'm wired, reset router and ps4. Speeds are good etc so it's not my end that the problem lies. Has to be game or psn

Last edited:

Chechum

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 13, 2018
Disconnected from session. Was running good. Stable connection, no lag. Still disconnected. Is it really worth bothering with this game.....

Before anyone mentions it I'm wired, reset router and ps4. Speeds are good etc so it's not my end that the problem lies. Has to be game or psn
It's a shame, last season servers seemed to be much better! I wonder if the servers of Project Cars in PC version are better than in PS4. Does anybody know anything about this?

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
It's a shame, last season servers seemed to be much better! I wonder if the servers of Project Cars in PC version are better than in PS4. Does anybody know anything about this?
It makes me question if it's worth signing up for a season. Every season I think I've had at least 1 disconnect. There's nothing more I can do my end. My speed and ping are good. Apart from disconnects in the lobby everyone else's ping was good to me. Still I'm the one booted out.

Watched back what footage I had. The last minute doesn't match what I actually raced which is weird and now I can't sign in to psn yet my connection is fine.

Raoualf21731

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2020
Massive congrats to @JaskoVR and his incredible pace!

Shame that you had your issues @Archie619. I understand your frustration so well...

Other than that, well... an infamous night to be forgotten, that's for sure.

Two drivers spinning in front of me in lap 1 (the second one after a likely kamikaze attempt to brake late), I had no way to avoid them. Then I decided to pit immediately to avoid the traffic. I think @Archie619 did the same.

It worked well until we joined the slower drivers. One of them fought with me, I pushed a bit too hard and spun.

Then I rejoined some of them again. I'm pretty sure that one driver rejoined the track with a simple button press. There is no way his lag made him jump in front of me like this. I had to spin to avoid a potential crash.

@Davidgrundstrom (if I remember well) understeered in front of me, I took the inside but he probably didn't see me. Yet another unfortunate accident (no prob on this one, the spotter is terrible in PCars2), I let him pass again just in case, as the race was screwed anyway.

[EDIT: Looking at the replay of my POV, I understand that he probably just lost his rear on the outside apex]

A bit of a battle at the end with @n33za just to put slightly some joy in this really, really bad night. Clearly the worst since I joined PCars 2.

I'm looking forward to the championship anyway but I have no word to really describe what I'm feeling right now!

Last edited:

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
I'm pretty sure that one driver rejoined the track with a simple button press.
using the reset button is NOT allowed in any aor race, except if you are on your roof or side and then only when it is safe to do so - all drivers please remember this for the season

Alessio

Pro Karter
Aug 23, 2019
using the reset button is NOT allowed in any aor race, except if you are on your roof or side and then only when it is safe to do so - all drivers please remember this for the season
Even in qualifying?

Raoualf21731

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2020
Well it may well have been a huge lag, in the end, looking at my POV, but what a lag.

Heads up @BernoR_21. You were lagging a little bit in the beginning too but if this was about lagging again, this was a huge lag.