PS4 - AOR GT3 S15 - PS4 Tier 3 - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP - 25.03.20 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S15 - PS4 Tier 3 - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP - 25.03.20 @8pm UK time

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Quali...5th
4 of us within 0.1 of a second! Very close. 5th for me with a pb 1.45.1. Very pleased to be near the front which is a big positive. A big negative however was...

Race... Disqualified!. Small contact on the 1st lap and an error put me in 13th place so decided to go for an early pitstop. I missed the pit box! I must have hit the pit limiter button 'cause I got done for speeding. Instant disqualification which I think is harsh. Never happened to me before. Huge disappointment as I had good race pace.

Well done for victory @Ayresii1995 and very unlucky for my team mate @Khaled77 for connection problems.

Ayresii1995

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 13, 2018
Quali - 4th

Very surprised by the time I did as couldn’t get below 46.9 during practice quali laps.

Race- 1st

Race was very good for me. At the start it was a good battle between the first 4 then the gaps started opening up a bit. Got up to 3rd after driver in front made a mistake at T1. Then inherited 2nd after 2nd place headed for the pits. Saw on the relative gap that my gap to first had dropped very quickly and saw @McKinda driving quite slowly off the track. Hard luck @McKinda as you were pulling away from me and I’m sure you would have won if your pad hadn’t disconnected!

So happy to take my 3rd win in the GT3 league. Fingers crossed for the next race. Thank you to all drivers for a very good race and also to theguys who were being lapped. Wasn’t held up once which was awesome so many thanks to you!

Tomji_

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T4 Champion
Apr 9, 2017
It's good to be back!

Had a rough time in qualifying, just wasn't happy with the setup and extremely loose leaving me with a distinct lack of confidence, especially in turn 1 on the hard tyres. I qualified 11th, been a long time since I've been that low on a grid before, a lot of fast people here!

The opening lap was fun. Saw it all kick off ahead of me and managed to find a gap which put me into P6, only to then get a bit tail-happy a couple of corners later with a trip across the gravel to drop to P8.

Once it settled down a bit, @robsterf1 had an off and then it was a case of following @Fred Ogega through the field, both getting past @Kingma on the same corner, apologies for the love-tap Fred! We ended up fighting for P4 and got really close until I once again, got wild going into turn 1, so I thought I'd make a stop [battle one with Fred] [battle two with Fred].

Pitted on lap 12, dropped to P8 coming out just ahead of @Chechum who was right behind me for a couple of laps until I made a mistake on entry to the final chicane which resulted in me being all over the place and ultimately dropping to P10, being passed by Chechum & @Barker95. Only to then spin at T1 again, allowing @Tin32 past to drop to P11... and I wanted to go home at this point.

Then between laps 16 and 30, it was all pretty boring really. Lots of little mistakes, some cool, unintended drifting. After the stops had balanced out, I was in P8 until @Raoualf21731 put a nice move on me to knock me down to P9 and we caught the group that must have been P4 to P7 with 3 laps to go, but made a stupid mistake with a half spin with all the excitement of an intense finish.

I did get my intense finish though. @McKinda passed me on the penultimate lap and the final lap was just a case of holding on for dear life trying to keep Raoul behind me. It was just like being in Clios again :D.

Big (no contact) high five for the podium, fantastic pace guys. Great win @Ayresii1995.

Chechum

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 13, 2018
Hi guys! I leave you the summary of my GP:
QUALIFICATION:
It couldn't start worse. I think I pressed the speed limiter twice so I stepped deeply on the accelerator --> 2 positions penalty. I finished 6th, with a great 2nd sector but a weak 3rd sector. I'm sure it was for the last chicane, which is a nightmare for me. Before the race, I had been able to do 45.1 My team mate @McKinda did a superb lap, half second above all except @Raoualf21731 , who was really fast at one lap but had bad luck with connection. At least he could start, I think @Khaled77 wasn't that lucky. You know that, Khaled, but I encourage you to check your connection service because every time we are in the same session I see you in red connection. Maybe it's our compatibility and the rest of drivers can see your connection in yellow or green.

RACE:
Starting 8th, I could get to 7th but I was pushed by a driver in the second braking point (min 2:55 of my video). First, I braked as usual but I almost crashed against @Barker95, so I turned right. I managed to dodge him but a driver behind seemed to brake late and crashed against me.
I decided to make the pit stop early. I followed @Tin32 for some laps until he skid (min 4:13). I had gained many position because of pit stops but @Tomji_ exited boxes just in front of me. He was keeping me until he had a mistake before the last chicane (min 05:35).
Being P8, I had the first duel with @Barker95 . He was a bit faster than me (actually I didn't feel comfortable in the first turn and the last chicane). I could defend myself and, almost touching my car, he had a mistake in La Caixa curve (06:32).
Later on, I ran into @Freggel and tried to push. Maybe I got to put some pressure on him because he lost control of his car in turn 1 (min 7:56). I was P6.
Some laps and a couple of pit stop later, I was P4 with @Barker95, @Tin32 and a third driver (Freggel?) following me very closely. From mins 08:18 - 11:48, you can see the exciting duel @Barker95 and I had. I really enjoyed, we were fighting for the third position. At 11:48, he hurried attaching in the inside. I think I had the position. He touched the rear of my car and I couldn't save the spin. But I want to thank him a lot because he decided to wait for me and let me overtake him. That's a gentleman touch, I really appreciate it because these mistakes can happen. That's races. But waiting means how fair you are ;)
Meanwhile, @Marcos Moutinho had gained a good gap in front of us for the P2. Well done, you improved from Tuesday, right?
I returned to the track being the 6th. Barker failed and @Freggel entered box, so I finished 5th despite all the problems.
It's true that the podium was close and didn't have the best luck apparently. However, @McKinda finished behind me just because of bad luck (so I could have finished 4th) and probably @Barker95 would have overtaken me because he was faster than me at the end of the race. So I wasn't unlucky!

I'd like to thank @McKinda for the support he has given me about the setup. I had previously done many time trial laps for the evaluation and thought it wouldn't change very much for the race conditions. However, my car oversteered in the beginning of some turns with hard tyres. On Tuesday practice I chose all softs, with which I was comfortable but the left front tyre suffered. McKinda gave me a solution and also gave me some tips. I tried his setup but I was more confident with mine (+few improvements like tyres selection), so I have to say McKinda was really fast and he made a difference because of his hands at driving, not because of setup mainly haha We all agree he is the moral winner of this race, it's a shame the bad luck he had. Anyway, @Ayresii1995 did a fantastic race (y)(y) So a lot of congratulations!!

See you all in Rouen-Les Essarts, a challenging track which I loved/hated (more loved than hated) during Clio Cup. Let's all of us take care in the first lap please :)

Khaled77

GP2 1st Driver
Jul 25, 2016
You know that, Khaled, but I encourage you to check your connection service because every time we are in the same session I see you in red connection
@Chechum i checked my connection many times before. It is red because i’m based outside of europe. I think i raced against you and @Raoualf21731 in gt3 and clio cup before with no connection problems. Anyway i will try again next week and if the issue continues i will give my place to a reserve, so it would be fair to them

Chechum

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 13, 2018
@Chechum i checked my connection many times before. It is red because i’m based outside of europe. I think i raced against you and @Raoualf21731 in gt3 and clio cup before with no connection problems. Anyway i will try again next week and if the issue continues i will give my place to a reserve, so it would be fair to them
Yes, that's true. I remember having raced with you some times before. I guessed the red connection signal was due to ping or another measurement.
I hope you can fix it, Khaled. If you can, ask for a place in Tuesday's race so you can check your connection stability.

Reactions: McKinda