PS4 - AOR GT3 S15 - PS4 Tier 3 - Rouen Les Essarts - 01.04.20 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S15 - PS4 Tier 3 - Rouen Les Essarts - 01.04.20 @8pm UK time

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Kingma

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2019
I think in the last race the AOR rolling start was a bit weird, at least around me. I started 8th but I couldn't start next to the 7th because the 6th was on his left. I don't know if it was a mistake of the 6th or forward, but anyway if I'm not wrong I should have been able to start next to the 7th :ROFLMAO:
It wasn't a great problem for me, I just wanted to remind this :p
I thought I was in sixth position, and took my normal distance to each other, but maybe it was a bit more then I usually do or should do, first race of the season perhaps. Sorry for any inconvenience, that was certainly not what I was going for, so I'll be sure to fit in better next time
Thanks for letting me know though, could have been that I didn't know anything was wrong and kept going like this, not causing big issues, but probably annoying a few people.
Edit: there was a penalty for someone, I moved up the grid a place, were you aware of this? Maybe that caused a bit of a wrong train

Chechum

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 13, 2018
I thought I was in sixth position, and took my normal distance to each other, but maybe it was a bit more then I usually do or should do, first race of the season perhaps. Sorry for any inconvenience, that was certainly not what I was going for, so I'll be sure to fit in better next time
Thanks for letting me know though, could have been that I didn't know anything was wrong and kept going like this, not causing big issues, but probably annoying a few people
No problems at all, Kingma :)
As well, Slicker has clarified the rule

Reactions: Kingma

Kingma

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2019
Around 1.55 race pace, track is long so time changes a bit more from lap to lap. Qualy low 54 is my best, hoping to dig a bit more, but I am not expecting much, been trying for some time ;)

Raoualf21731

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2020
I'm just thinking again about this:
  • don't rush into the hairpin on the first laps (and at any moment you would be caught in some traffic). It is very likely that we'll almost completely stop there in order for all drivers to pass this turn in the first lap. Bottlenecks are inevitable there and there is no way you'll be able to stop your car in the slope...
  • if you're lapped and a faster car is coming behind you in the first part of the circuit, watch the track, not your mirrors! I think that it is better to keep the racing line rather than desperately try to find a way to get out of it. The faster car will make the move more easily if any confusion is avoided.
Welcome to French roads :p

Last edited:

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
● Starting order main race: Normally we all start in the position we have qualified in. But since we have a starting order that is based on the top half from the the sprint race, we need to place ourselves correctly during the formation lap. When the lights go out, everybody starts to move slowly around 10mph (16kph). Remember to stay as far to the left or right on the track to make it easier for cars to pass. Remember your starting position (obviously) but also who is in the position right in front of you.

• Informative
Reactions: McKinda and Tomji_

Chechum

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 13, 2018
● Starting order main race: Normally we all start in the position we have qualified in. But since we have a starting order that is based on the top half from the the sprint race, we need to place ourselves correctly during the formation lap. When the lights go out, everybody starts to move slowly around 10mph (16kph). Remember to stay as far to the left or right on the track to make it easier for cars to pass. Remember your starting position (obviously) but also who is in the position right in front of you.
And I guess we have to wait for every driver to place on their positions, right? I mean, we start moving around 16 kph, the 1st accelerates a bit and slows down far enough to give space for the rest of the grid, then the 2nd accelerates until be behind the 1st, and so on...
I've been in reversed gris only few times and some of them were a bit messy.

Raoualf21731

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2020
And I guess we have to wait for every driver to place on their positions, right? I mean, we start moving around 16 kph, the 1st accelerates a bit and slows down far enough to give space for the rest of the grid, then the 2nd accelerates until be behind the 1st, and so on...
I've been in reversed gris only few times and some of them were a bit messy.
From what I remember in the Clio cup, it is exactly that. It is a bit long and for sure your tyres will get cold but if everyone remembers where he stands (and if nobody gets disconnected in between), it is quite fine.

Reactions: McKinda

Tomji_

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T4 Champion
Apr 9, 2017
1 more request for this track...like in clios please flash your lights when entering pits to let person behind you that you are entering pits.
To add, I think @Raoualf21731 mentioned this previously, but please be mindful on pit exit if you make any stops, the speed difference is incredible having played with the AI, so there's potential for some huge accidents. You pretty much come out on the apex of turn 1 to make things extra spicy!

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Btw i think winner will have to do laps between 1.53 and 1.54.
I know 2 guys who can do this for sure @Marcos Moutinho & @Raoualf21731
I've done 1.53.5 in the short race practise but if I tried to do it for more than one lap I'd crash. I'll be aiming to do 55's to play it safe. I'm guessing 52's needed for pole? Won't be me though, I'm no quicker in quali than race setup. Having experienced the Clio race here, doubt I'll make it to the end?

Chechum

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 13, 2018
So far, my best lap is 54.7 with 60 or so. 53 is unreachable for me unless I improve considerably today haha I have to test if stalk blocks are still like stones