PS4 - AOR GT3 S15 - PS4 Tier 3 - Rouen Les Essarts - 01.04.20 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S15 - PS4 Tier 3 - Rouen Les Essarts - 01.04.20 @8pm UK time

Fred Ogega

F1 Reserve Driver
Apr 27, 2016
● Starting order main race: Normally we all start in the position we have qualified in. But since we have a starting order that is based on the top half from the the sprint race, we need to place ourselves correctly during the formation lap. When the lights go out, everybody starts to move slowly around 10mph (16kph). Remember to stay as far to the left or right on the track to make it easier for cars to pass. Remember your starting position (obviously) but also who is in the position right in front of you.
based on the practice race 2, i think it would be best if everyone moves to one side so that those who need to pass can do so on the other side, because of how narrow sector 1 is. for example everyone moves to the left, then those passing to position themselves do so on the right...

• Agree
Reactions: Michel--NL

Raoualf21731

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2020
based on the practice race 2, i think it would be best if everyone moves to one side so that those who need to pass can do so on the other side, because of how narrow sector 1 is. for example everyone moves to the left, then those passing to position themselves do so on the right...
Indeed but I think the main problem is that you have few seconds before the race to see the whole order so you don't remember the names. At some point you just don't know where to start and behind who, especially when it gets messy.

If the host can call the names, it will be so much easier.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Indeed but I think the main problem is that you have few seconds before the race to see the whole order so you don't remember the names. At some point you just don't know where to start and behind who, especially when it gets messy.

If the host can call the names, it will be so much easier.
Agree...will write something down for tomorrow (y)

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
@Michel--NL why don't we use same approach then we did in S14?
At tthe end of Sprint race we can take 3-5 min break so you can paste reverse starting order in PSN chat?
Yes that's what i'm going to do.

Guys with the feature race start (AOR rolling start) everyone will need to go the left and use the pit limiter, then the cars can pass on the right.
For the guy on front, don't go to fast, keep a decent speed because everyone behind you still needs to go in place. When everyone is in place I will tell you that you can go and you can cruise up to the rolling start speed that we have in the rules.

If a driver spins off at any point in the formation lap, they are to hold their position, wait for the train of cars to pass through and re-form at the back of the grid in last position.

Freggel

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
May 24, 2019
@Michel--NL ,

What do you know about;
All leagues are cancelled until Xmas Day - check out the Announcements section for more details.

Is this applicable for us?

• Funny
Reactions: Tomji_

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
@Michel--NL ,

What do you know about;
All leagues are cancelled until Xmas Day - check out the Announcements section for more details.

Is this applicable for us?
Didn't see it...but we have some funny guys running around here ;)

Reactions: Freggel

McKinda

GP2 Test Driver
Mar 25, 2019
Yessss! My first AOR wins!!
Acctually even my first podium after enjoying and fighting 2 seasons in AOR GT3 it finally pays off.
Done a lot of testing, swapped from Ferrari on Lamborghini and I must say it suits me better.
@all thank you for fantastic experience and very clean racing altought Rouen is narrow.
I knew I was fast and was hoping to get to podium but to win... I wasnt sure.
I would like to thank @Michel--NL for hosting and CODing. Doing your job awesome as always.
And I would like to thank my team m8 @Chechum for giving me support and informations!
Congratulation to the rest of the podium, i was really sad to see @Freggel to loose rear and and crash. You had nice pace and it would be fight until the end.
See you all at next one!

Raoualf21731

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2020
Massive congrats to @McKinda! (y) Well deserved after the shameful disconnection from last week. Really happy for you!

For me, it was simply the worst night ever.

I realized in the first laps in quali that the setup was not loaded. I lost 3 minutes but I could do one decent lap before hitting someone who spun in front of me. Fortunately, I could hold my P4.

Then it was a good start for me. I followed @McKinda and @Marcos Moutinho after escaping a huge crash from @Michel--NL (although a very stylish one :p). It was nice for two laps. Then @Marcos Moutinho came wide at turn 1. When you follow the car, you can't see athing so you have to rely on the guy in front to get the right line. I then went wide too and spun. Sorry for the crash, mate.

I tried to hold as if my life was at stake my P8 with a completely destroyed car, which I eventually did.

In the main race, what an embarrassing formation lap where I spun... What the hell happened to my dear Audi? My car was nothing like during my practice yesterday. I couldn't brake and turn for 8 laps. I had to pit twice. When I went out the pits the second time, I was so focused on avoiding a crash at turn one that I turned off my pit limiter too early and received a 10 second-penalty.

Then I got my car back, suddenly. It was so much better but I was completely at the back. @Tomji_ very kindly let me unlap him so I could do my 1:54s as planned after my practice yesterday night, as well as @Kingma at the end.

It is so disappointing and I feel so embarrassed about everything that happened tonight. I have no idea how it is possible to have completely opposite experiences from one night to the other.

Sorry guys, I hope I'll get back at the front again during this season. Now I'll focus on getting a podium, the championship is already screwed.

Last edited:

Chechum

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 13, 2018
Hi again guys.
Honestly, in my opinion we have to think over the connections here. I see every race three drivers with red connection. I'm afraid my connection may be seen like this, too. Please tell me if so. If my connection for most of people is red, I must quit to respect the members. Same if there are people seen in red by the rest, I believe they should give up if so. I have been disconnected despite having optical fiber, low ping regarding that London server, required ports are open, now I reset PS4 before races... I have seen another guy getting disconnected in second race and I have experienced two mini lags like microdisconnections. Last season in every race there were one or two disconnections every race, if I'm not confused. We know Project Cars servers are fragile. As well, streaming does not seem to be good at all for the stability of the session.
Ok, my frustration is also speaking because I was doing a consistent race, being 5th and very likely 4 th because @Marcos Moutinho looked damaged and had 2s penalty. It was more than half race, having avoided two accidents in front if me ... One only little mistake in second race. Just one error in all the GP. Super frustrated.
But also my mind is speaking for the next races. I cannot focus and get as motivated as so far if I know this is a lottery.
Sorry for so many words and again truly congratulations to my team mate @McKinda. Deserved after Montmeló bad luck. Great driver and you look a nice guy! As well, congratulation to everybody on an excellent qualify ;)

• Sad
Reactions: Raoualf21731