PS4 - AOR GT3 S15 - PS4 Tier 3 - Rouen Les Essarts - 01.04.20 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S15 - PS4 Tier 3 - Rouen Les Essarts - 01.04.20 @8pm UK time

Raoualf21731

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2020
Hi again guys.
Honestly, in my opinion we have to think over the connections here. I see every race three drivers with red connection. I'm afraid my connection may be seen like this, too. Please tell me if so. If my connection for most of people is red, I must quit to respect the members. Same if there are people seen in red by the rest, I believe they should give up if so. I have been disconnected despite having optical fiber, low ping regarding that London server, required ports are open, now I reset PS4 before races... I have seen another guy getting disconnected in second race and I have experienced two mini lags like microdisconnections. Last season in every race there were one or two disconnections every race, if I'm not confused. We know Project Cars servers are fragile. As well, streaming does not seem to be good at all for the stability of the session.
Ok, mu frustration is also speaking because I was doing a consistent race, being 5th and very likely 4 th because @Marcos Moutinho looked damaged and had 2s penalty. It was more than half race, having avoided tso accidents in front if me ... One only little mistake in second race. Just one error in all the GP. Super frustrated.
But also my mind is speaking for the next races. I cannot focus and get as motivated as so far if I know this is a lottery.
Sorry for so many words and again truly congratulations to my team mate @McKinda. Deserved after Montmeló bad luck. Great driver and you look a nice guy! As well, congratulation to everybody on an excellent qualify ;)
You were in yellow, like few others. I got disconnected last week and I've got a very fast connexion with low ping too. I understand your frustration, unfortunately I'm not sure there is a perfect solution.

Except maybe to wait for ACC in June?

McKinda

GP2 Test Driver
Mar 25, 2019
Hi again guys.
Honestly, in my opinion we have to think over the connections here. I see every race three drivers with red connection. I'm afraid my connection may be seen like this, too. Please tell me if so. If my connection for most of people is red, I must quit to respect the members. Same if there are people seen in red by the rest, I believe they should give up if so. I have been disconnected despite having optical fiber, low ping regarding that London server, required ports are open, now I reset PS4 before races... I have seen another guy getting disconnected in second race and I have experienced two mini lags like microdisconnections. Last season in every race there were one or two disconnections every race, if I'm not confused. We know Project Cars servers are fragile. As well, streaming does not seem to be good at all for the stability of the session.
Ok, my frustration is also speaking because I was doing a consistent race, being 5th and very likely 4 th because @Marcos Moutinho looked damaged and had 2s penalty. It was more than half race, having avoided two accidents in front if me ... One only little mistake in second race. Just one error in all the GP. Super frustrated.
But also my mind is speaking for the next races. I cannot focus and get as motivated as so far if I know this is a lottery.
Sorry for so many words and again truly congratulations to my team mate @McKinda. Deserved after Montmeló bad luck. Great driver and you look a nice guy! As well, congratulation to everybody on an excellent qualify ;)
Don't give uo. You are by far the best team m8 i had. You are decently quick and I'm sure your luck will change. Heads up and race on!

Chechum

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 13, 2018
You were in yellow, like few others. I got disconnected last week and I've got a very fast connexion with low ping too. I understand your frustration, unfortunately I'm not sure there is a perfect solution.

Except maybe to wait for ACC in June?
Pff same reason. And for the championship our disconnections are devastating because there is no drop race :ROFLMAO:
I think if there are many drivers with red connection and many streamings, this increases unstability of these unreliable servers. That's for sure.

Khaled77

F1 Test Driver
Jul 25, 2016
First of all congrats to @McKinda well deserved win! (y)

Now, @Chechum , before complaining about other people’s connections and the streaming, i think you got disqualified, quit the session and rejoined a couple of times. I might be wrong though

Maybe that’s why you got disconnected?

Last edited:

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Hi again guys.
Ok, my frustration is also speaking because I was doing a consistent race, being 5th and very likely 4 th because @Marcos Moutinho looked damaged and had 2s penalty. It was more than half race, having avoided two accidents in front if me ... One only little mistake in second race. Just one error in all the GP. Super frustrated.
The only red person I have as host is @Fred Ogega, but that's no problem. He has been around for several seasons and never caused any problems.
A red connection doesn't mean it is a problem. We had lobbies in the past with 4 or 5 people with red connections and no problem at all.

A Ping test doesn't guarantee that your ping is always good, it is a ping on that moment of the time of the day, try some ping test for a hour around 8PM and see if you have any ping losses.
You can have the best connection in the world, but if your home network is making the garbage on your network then we can't do anything about it.
Do you play on Wifi or do you have your PS4 connected with cable to your modem? Do you have UDP in PC2 on, then turn it off. UDP is making a lot of noise on the network and some modem/routers can't handle it and will be flooded with data.
Change network cable..maybe it is broke.
Do you have multiple routers in your network or just a modem. How old is the modem, I did see improvements by player who replaced their modem with a newer one.

Freggel

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
May 24, 2019
I think if there are many drivers with red connection and many streamings, this increases unstability of these unreliable servers.
I noticed that if I see alot of other people in the red, its a problem with my own network. Not the others. There was a forum entry last season for sure with tips and tricks to have more stable connection.

Edit:
This oneLink

Reactions: Chechum

Chechum

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 13, 2018
First of all congrats to @McKinda well deserved win! (y)

Now, @Chechum , before complaining about other people’s connections and the streaming, i think you got disqualified, quit the session and rejoined a couple of times. I might be wrong though

Maybe that’s why you got disconnected?
Nono, I was fifth fighting for fourth position. I was really satisfied and enjoying the race a lot. Why do you say it? I'm not blaming anybody, maybe it's my connection in relation to the lobby. Just saying that we should treat this problem, because there are many red connections. That's a sign of likely problems, like Raoualf had and so did I today. We could try many hosts, for example, before removing red connection drivers (maybe I am one of those!).
Don't take it personally please, good intentions in my side honestly. Obviously I am angry too haha

Khaled77

F1 Test Driver
Jul 25, 2016
Nono, I was fifth fighting for fourth position. I was really satisfied and enjoying the race a lot. Why do you say it? I'm not blaming anybody, maybe it's my connection in relation to the lobby. Just saying that we should treat this problem, because there are many red connections. That's a sign of likely problems, like Raoualf had and so did I today. We could try many hosts, for example, before removing red connection drivers (maybe I am one of those!).
Don't take it personally please, good intentions in my side honestly. Obviously I am angry too haha
Not taking personally. It’s just because we spoke about it before. It’s usually two players who disconnect together like me and @Raoualf21731 and thankfully this resolved itself now.
PS apologies my bad.. this happened tuesday.. it’s all a crashfest blur right now lol

• Clever

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
In tier 4 they had to restart the game because most of the players where stuck in the pit lane for the second race :(
In tier 1 the commentator disconnected
On PC there was a problem for the players with connecting to discord
So there are more problems this evening......could be that the internet is just @#[email protected]#$ at the moment.

Chechum

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 13, 2018
The only red person I have as host is @Fred Ogega, but that's no problem. He has been around for several seasons and never caused any problems.
A red connection doesn't mean it is a problem. We had lobbies in the past with 4 or 5 people with red connections and no problem at all.

A Ping test doesn't guarantee that your ping is always good, it is a ping on that moment of the time of the day, try some ping test for a hour around 8PM and see if you have any ping losses.
You can have the best connection in the world, but if your home network is making the garbage on your network then we can't do anything about it.
Do you play on Wifi or do you have your PS4 connected with cable to your modem? Do you have UDP in PC2 on, then turn it off. UDP is making a lot of noise on the network and some modem/routers can't handle it and will be flooded with data.
Change network cable..maybe it is broke.
Do you have multiple routers in your network or just a modem. How old is the modem, I did see improvements by player who replaced their modem with a newer one.
Thank you very much for the tips, I play with Ethernet cable, no UDP (honestly, I didn't know this but I have just checked it), the ping has been tested some previous times just before the races (not today, though), also before races in other games...never a problem with this apparently. It is true that I had one disconnection in another championship lf PC2 one year ago, but there was a driver playing with Wifi (other drivers suffered that more times than I) and once he didn't play nobody had any problem. In Clio's cup in the other lobby, I didn't remember having seen people with red signal. I didn't have any disconnection or lag. Sorry if it looked like I was blaming people for this, no at all. Understand my position, I guess you know that feeling. We all know that Project Cars servers are weird, that's why I ask to make tests. 2 GPs, two disconnections (and maybe 3, one driver got disconnected in race 2).

Chechum

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 13, 2018
In tier 4 they had to restart the game because most of the players where stuck in the pit lane for the second race :(
In tier 1 the commentator disconnected
On PC there was a problem for the players with connecting to discord
So there are more problems this evening......could be that the internet is just @#[email protected]#$ at the moment.
Oh sh*t. I was blaming on PCars again but if Discord fails too... Coronavirus quarantine may be too :mad: By the way, I thought I was stuck in pit lane during qualy. I couldn't do anything with the steering wheel. Was it because of traffic exiting boxes? I just could go back to box. Normally I think you are not allowed to exit box but at least you can set the limiter, turning the wheel...

Chechum

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 13, 2018

That's my GP. Still disappointed, I can't sleep yet after frustration but satisfied with myself because I have had only one little mistake on a very challenging track. I love it, although you can hate it when a kerb makes you fly or straw blocks destroy your car. But that's part of the magic.
Qualy as expected on me (maybe 53 high taking risks) although many drivers like @Michel--NL have been impressive with time laps I thought only tier 1 and @McKinda could afford haha Excellent job!
In the first laps of race 1, I got separated of the first drivers because @Raoualf21731 was in the middle of the downhill and I had to leave the track to dodge him. Braking on the grass made me loose control, unavoidable but still 5th. It all seemed under control to finish 4th if @Marcos Moutinho was damaged. I was driving consistently and confident until disconnected with 4 laps left to go.
Race 2, starting 15th, was as expected: impossible to avoid a car stood in the middle after the start, front aero and suspension damaged. Thus, pit stop and try to focus until the end. I only had one mistake braking before the uphill which is one curve after the hairpin. It looks like I could step a bit on the line, I had to check. Some drivers also pit and I could finish 7th. I could keep my position with @chris130256 , who was very constant (y)
Sorry for so many messages suggesting things to improve connections, you can check that before my misfortune I had already asked them some days before. It's not only by rage (I'm really excited with this season). I hope we all can keep connected for the rest of races. Keep safe:)

Last edited:

Raoualf21731

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2020
In the first laps of race 1, I got separated of the first drivers because @Raoualf21731 was in the middle of the downhill and I had to leave the track to dodge him. Braking on the grass made me loose control, unavoidable but still 5th.
Sorry about that. As I said, I was following @Marcos Moutinho and couldn't see the racing line. He went wide but managed to get back on track, as @Kingma behind me did too, but I wasn't lucky and completely lost control of my car, there was nothing I could do.

I love this track too, I can't believe everything got that wrong yesterday while all my practice sessions/races were perfect.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Qualy as expected on me (maybe 53 high taking risks) although many drivers like @Michel--NL have been impressive with time laps I thought only tier 1 and @McKinda could afford haha Excellent job!
That was really frustrating. With the quali everything went ok, but with the race every small touch I made with those little bumps I was flying :(

• Sad
Reactions: Raoualf21731

Chechum

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 13, 2018
That was really frustrating. With the quali everything went ok, but with the race every small touch I made with those little bumps I was flying :(
1:52 high-53 low is really great, Michel. I'm looking forward to watching your lap and @McKinda 's in Youtube to learn!

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
1:52 high-53 low is really great, Michel. I'm looking forward to watching your lap and @McKinda 's in Youtube to learn!
I was actually surprised to be seconds with quali :) But with these tracks I rather start at the back and work it to the front, but with the small time window, you don't have much time. I'm in the middle if I like this format with a sprint and a feature race.

Don't have the quali recorded.

McKinda

GP2 Test Driver
Mar 25, 2019
I was a little dissapointed, because my fast lap i was doing would bring me around 1.52.5 to 1.52.5, but i outbraked myself into 2nd uphill corner which resulted me to accelerate from 1st gear. But it is what it is. Happy with result

Reactions: Michel--NL

Leroy1600

AOR PS4 GT3 S15 T3 Champion
Feb 3, 2020
Only red connection I saw was Fred as well guys. We raced really close at one point and he didn't lag so it was absolutely fine my end. The game is full of bugs though (incorrect setups, invisible damage, glitchy pitstops) so I think the disconnection are mainly the games fault. It sucks! Maybe we can have a season where we drop the worst result? This allows everyone a free race basically?

• Winner