PS4 - AOR GT3 S15 - PS4 Tier 3 - Ruapuna GP - 08.04.20 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S15 - PS4 Tier 3 - Ruapuna GP - 08.04.20 @8PM UK Time

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016

ROUND 3 - Ruapuna GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday April 8th 2020
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: No qualifying for this round! Starting order will be reversed championship standings.
- Race: 66 Laps (1 formation lap + 65 race laps)

● Weather Conditions:
- Race:
Clear -
Overcast (Sync-to-race)

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Race start time: 30/04/20 15:00

Starting order
1586362654264.png

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:
- @Michel--NL
- @Freggel

Uninformed No Shows:

Last edited by a moderator:

McKinda

GP2 Test Driver
Mar 25, 2019
To tell the truth I have never raced on this one. Any info about laptimes would be appreciated.

Raoualf21731

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2020
I've never raced there either, it looks a bit dull from the first laps I did a few days ago. I did 1:19/1:20 after few laps if I remember well, but no idea how you can hold the pace in a long race. The tricky part there is that if you get to the grass, there is no wall so you may well end up on the other side of the track :D

Anyway, I'm so fed up with the dramatically poor performances so far this season. I hope the efforts will finally pay off and that I will finally have at least an enjoyable evening in the league. See you next Wednesday for some good racing!

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018

Marcos Moutinho

GP2 1st Driver
Dec 8, 2014
I never Run were before this track realy exists ? !!! Nice to learn new set up to the car and Discover break points and lets puch car on limit lets see like is go .

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I never Run were before this track realy exists ? !!! Nice to learn new set up to the car and Discover break points and lets puch car on limit lets see like is go .
It is a track where we can make mistake without destroying the car :)

Reactions: Marcos Moutinho

McKinda

GP2 Test Driver
Mar 25, 2019
Yeah a lot of run off zones . My pace with 100L of fuel cant get under 1.21
Since this is random grid start I pray to PS4&PC2 gods to secure me good start position. And since there is going to be 66 laps we will need to do pitstop for additional fuel... I wonder if it pays of tire change also...
Strategy and good starting position is going to be key for good result.
Overtaking spots are weak and only managable with dive bombs :cool:

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Yeah a lot of run off zones . My pace with 100L of fuel cant get under 1.21
Since this is random grid start I pray to PS4&PC2 gods to secure me good start position. And since there is going to be 66 laps we will need to do pitstop for additional fuel... I wonder if it pays of tire change also...
Strategy and good starting position is going to be key for good result.
Overtaking spots are weak and only managable with dive bombs :cool:
It is not random...it is based on the championship standings and then reversed...so you will start as last, but you have 90 minutes to make it to the front :p

• Funny
Reactions: PRG_FrankForest

McKinda

GP2 Test Driver
Mar 25, 2019
It is not random...it is based on the championship standings and then reversed...so you will start as last, but you have 90 minutes to make it to the front :p
Oh... It was a little late when I was reading race info..
Oh well...I will just try to survive then... Overtaking will be challenge.

Reactions: Michel--NL

McKinda

GP2 Test Driver
Mar 25, 2019
I think on this track there will not be big difference in pace between drivers.

Kingma

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2019
Learning from the last 2 races, I am focused a bit more on stability, putting on 20 to 21's on softs, but they seem to overheat just too much, and hards do put the McLaren back quite a bit, so high 21 for now on them. didn't do much tuning, basically took my Zolder setup from season 12, so hoping to get the hards into the 20's as well with a bit of tuning and still needing to get the racing line perfect, haven't done much racing here.