PS4 - AOR GT3 S15 - PS4 Tier 3 - Ruapuna GP - 08.04.20 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S15 - PS4 Tier 3 - Ruapuna GP - 08.04.20 @8PM UK Time

Leroy1600

AOR PS4 GT3 S15 T3 Champion
Feb 3, 2020
Very tough this one, changing conditions throughout the race. 1.21s is good pace I think, will be interesting to see tyre choices and how much fuel everyone adds in their pitstop!

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I'm using all softs due to low air and ambient temperatures. Are you sure you need hards. Maybe you have problem with too cold tires @Michel--NL.
I tried the softs, but they where getting over 100 degrees at the right side. The hards work nice in the first part of the race, but when it is getting overcast you really need to pay attention to it.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Looking at the practice races I think people switch to softs when the weather changed. Could be an option

Reactions: Leroy1600

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
@McKinda is using softs and by the looks he had a lot of problems with overtaking other drivers in the first 20 laps, you almost can't pass a other driver... once passed he was catching @Raoualf21731

Reactions: Leroy1600

lappedagain

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 20, 2020
Didn't realise there was mandatory pitstop and fuelled up max, didn't have time to sort out strategy once i found out about the stop, Went for default but they didn't change the tires,soft slicks the whole race. Felt like they were going flat:LOL: don't know if you can get a puncture.
Good fun though you guys are fast.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Think I’ll be somewhere in the middle with those practise times
Think if you do 1:21 - 22 and keep the car on the track you have a good change to be at the podium

Ayresii1995

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 13, 2018
Didn't realise there was mandatory pitstop and fuelled up max, didn't have time to sort out strategy once i found out about the stop, Went for default but they didn't change the tires,soft slicks the whole race. Felt like they were going flat:LOL: don't know if you can get a puncture.
Good fun though you guys are fast.
Ive got my strategies sorted! 1 for duke and tyres and another for just fuel no tyres but it’ll definitely be a strategic race!

McKinda

GP2 Test Driver
Mar 25, 2019
@McKinda is using softs and by the looks he had a lot of problems with overtaking other drivers in the first 20 laps, you almost can't pass a other driver... once passed he was catching @Raoualf21731
I really had almost no troubles with tires. Just had to adjust to overtaking and searching for good overtaking spots.
Im surprised that after whoke race my softs had more then 50% life and I could push normally.
Should be good race tomorrow... If i can do 1.18.5 quali :D :D :cool:

Raoualf21731

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2020
I really had almost no troubles with tires. Just had to adjust to overtaking and searching for good overtaking spots.
Im surprised that after whoke race my softs had more then 50% life and I could push normally.
Should be good race tomorrow... If i can do 1.18.5 quali :D :D :cool:
Compared to my pace over 20-minute races that I tried in practice sessions, I think I was losing about 1 to 1.5 seconds per lap though when my pit crew decided not to change my tires.

It will be interesting to see how it turns out tomorrow. Don't push too hard please, I'd like to win other races than the practice sessions ahaha

Reactions: Michel--NL