PS4 - AOR GT3 S15 - PS4 Tier 3 - Ruapuna GP - 08.04.20 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S15 - PS4 Tier 3 - Ruapuna GP - 08.04.20 @8PM UK Time

Raoualf21731

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2020
Quick feedback from the practice sessions on Monday and Tuesday:

• the track is really narrow. Yesterday was fine I believe but we had massive crashes in the first lap on Monday. Be patient in the first laps please to avoid contacts (y) At turn 1, we'll need to brake really early and gently (and no, running 3-wide is not an option, we tried this, it doesn't work)
  • the track conditions change quite a bit throughout the race. Some drivers experienced some grip loss even when the weather remained the same. So be careful in turns with important braking zones.

Voilà, enjoy the race tonight, looking forward to it! :)

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Last edited:

McKinda

Formula 3 1st Driver
Mar 25, 2019
I really had almost no troubles with tires. Just had to adjust to overtaking and searching for good overtaking spots.
Im surprised that after whoke race my softs had more then 50% life and I could push normally.
Should be good race tomorrow... If i can do 1.18.5 quali :D :D :cool:
I messed up again. There is no qualifying and we start at reversed championship grid so I start as 15th.
I kindly please all of you to be carefull in first lap and also if you are slower and i start blinking and attack lets avoid unnecessary blocking. Its long race and you can pass me later.
I revealed my tactics yesterday so its not a big secret

• Agree
Reactions: Michel--NL

McKinda

Formula 3 1st Driver
Mar 25, 2019

Starting order for tonight....memorize it your place and who is in front of you ;)
There will be an 10 minutes practice sessions before the start of the race, so everyone can check their gear.

View attachment 108983
Seeing start list I'm terrified and I'm sure that @Raoualf21731 has a good chance of winning this one.
Its going to be hard one for me but lets rock'n'roll.

• Agree
Reactions: chris130256

Raoualf21731

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2020
You are very right on turn 1. Also the hairpin on the first lap will be very busy.
Brake early and be safe
I kindly please all of you to be carefull in first lap and also if you are slower and i start blinking and attack lets avoid unnecessary blocking. Its long race and you can pass me later.
Something I also saw a bit during the practice sessions: there is no problem in defending at the hairpin in the inside. Just please go to your preferred line before the braking point. If you change your mind at the last second, there is a big chance that the person behind will hit your back quite hard.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I kindly please all of you to be carefull in first lap and also if you are slower and i start blinking and attack lets avoid unnecessary blocking.
Flashing your headlights is forbidden when you want to pass an driver who is racing you ;)

It is the drivers own choice if he wants to fight you or let you pass.
What I do....I know which drivers are faster then me and I will not fight them but just let them pass. Fighting a driver who is a second faster then me is useless in my opinion and only risking that we both crash somewhere on the track and loosing a lot of time with drivers who are my pace.
In this case I can flash my lights to inform the faster driver that I will let him pass.

McKinda

Formula 3 1st Driver
Mar 25, 2019
Flashing your headlights is forbidden when you want to pass an driver who is racing you ;)

It is the drivers own choice if he wants to fight you or let you pass.
What I do....I know which drivers are faster then me and I will not fight them but just let them pass. Fighting a driver who is a second faster then me is useless in my opinion and only risking that we both crash somewhere on the track and loosing a lot of time with drivers who are my pace.
In this case I can flash my lights to inform the faster driver that I will let him pass.
Is it really forbidden?
If you watch live pro races they flash all the time even when 2 drivers are on the same pace and fighting for victory.
I guess its a psyhological preasure.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Is it really forbidden?
If you watch live pro races they flash all the time even when 2 drivers are on the same pace and fighting for victory.
I guess its a psyhological preasure.
It is in "our" rules forbidden.
As a means of helping with blue flags, we advise the leaders to flash their lights at cars due to be lapped. This should not be done excessively. This is their cue to inform that the driver on the lead lap is about to pass the driver being lapped, and should let the lapping car pass at the next safe available opportunity.
Flashing your lights at a competitor you are racing for position is not to be used as a "distraction technique" or in anger at an incident.

Reactions: McKinda

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
i'm not very quick here and haven't done a 90 minute practise race, so not expecting much of a result. Top 10 would be a good finish for me. Lets have a good one. See you all tonight.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016