PS4 - AOR GT3 S15 - PS4 Tier 3 - Ruapuna GP - 08.04.20 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S15 - PS4 Tier 3 - Ruapuna GP - 08.04.20 @8PM UK Time

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Ayresii1995

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
May 13, 2018
Sorry guys. Internet on my whole street has gone down again. Never had any connection issues until before we all got out in lockdown. Tbh kinda glad I did disconnect cause I was having a shocker haha. Car handled completely different to practice doing things it had never done in any of the sessions I did. Oh well on to the next one

Fred Ogega

F1 Reserve Driver
Apr 27, 2016
@McKinda my pov, as from 5 minute mark.
as you said it was purely a racing incident. you had a beastly start, and i was being cautious trying to keep to the racing line. as you can see from my pov, my spotter still had you at half-length back at the time of contact. but at least things worked out well for you in the end.

• Friendly
Reactions: McKinda

McKinda

GP2 Test Driver
Mar 25, 2019
First I want to congratulate to @Raoualf21731 for superb performance. Even if I would be right behind you I think you would won it. Your pace was unmatched.
Then i would like to congratulate to myself :D :cool: for scoring some good points for championship with 2nd place wich I worked hard to get from 16th place after incident with fred.
@fredogega to tell you the truth I was mad at you when it happened but then i just focused and set my goal to get that 2nd place. Like mentioned I also think it was racing incident.
Congrats to all for mostly clean racing and spotting blue flags on time.
See you next week.
Oh and my pov if anyone interested.

Chechum

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 13, 2018

Summary of my race (video)
First of all, congrats again to @Raoualf21731, who deserved a victory after his disconnections in Barcelona (he would have fought with McKinda) and whose pace today has been beyond tier 3 haha , and to @McKinda, who has performed a superb recovery and I'm sure he would have been fighting for victory if he had started in top 10. I saw him yesterday doing 19s... Thank you mate for your setup and tips. Your setup has kept my tires much better than my original setup, which caused tires wear too much. I guess it was due to the camber (mine was too negative).

I was wishing to fight for top4 positions but early a mistake of a driver in p4 was unavoidable for me. As well, PCars weird tendency of sticking cars with glue made the rest. I lost 15 secs and 13 positions. Despite that, I have managed to finish 6th not far from @Tomji_ (5th). Good battles with @Fred Ogega (red signal but no lag while we were close, happy for that ). Top4 would have been impossible anyway even removing my spin (6 s wasted).

As said in the chat, I have experienced some moments of short lag (frames), which still makes me worry about servers because I had previously checked my connection before the race (all fine apparently) and yesterday two drivers reported having been disconnected despite good connections. Honestly, I had been thinking about quitting the championship because of the servers but I decided to continue because I love AOR and I've had exciting times so far as my level fits this tier well, besides I want revenge on myself after a bad last season. I see the podium close, it excites me. But I admit that a second disconnection in the middle of a race would make me reconsider things again, especially if it happens before the 5-6th race or I'm fighting for top places.
Keep safe and see you next Wednesday!!

Fred Ogega

F1 Reserve Driver
Apr 27, 2016
being the farthest away from everyone else in terms of region (im in Kenya, @Michel--NL will be awarding bonus points to those who can identify it on an atlas :LOL:), i will always show up as 'red', except to players in South Africa. Fortunately, the ping is relatively low and the internet connection is quite stable, so i have not had issues with lag.

Leroy1600

AOR PS4 GT3 S15 T3 Champion
Feb 3, 2020
being the farthest away from everyone else in terms of region (im in Kenya, @Michel--NL will be awarding bonus points to those who can identify it on an atlas :LOL:), i will always show up as 'red', except to players in South Africa. Fortunately, the ping is relatively low and the internet connection is quite stable, so i have not had issues with lag.
I went to Tanzania last tear for my honeymoon! Beautiful part of the world, incredible wildlife. You are lucky my friend!

• Friendly
Reactions: Fred Ogega

Tomji_

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T4 Champion
Apr 9, 2017
Start: P4
Finish: P5

Had a bit of a panic in the practice session as I couldn't get out of the pit lane, so I had to restart my Playstation and managed to get back in the session with 3 minutes to go, phew!

Onto the race and I had a decent start, getting up to 3rd after the first corner. I knew @Raoualf21731 was quick, so my plan was to follow him to the front and we also passed @Meester_Bond_WHG who ran wide on lap 3, to put me in P2. The plan went to :poop: when I had a massive spin on the next lap. I messed up the exit of turn 1, got scruffy and lost it on the exit of turn 2. Idiot. Down to P6.

2 laps later, I caught and passed @robsterf1 for P5 and then it stayed that up until lap 26 when @McKinda started filling my rear view mirror. I got distracted with @chris130256 going into the pits and messed the final corner up, giving McKinda a massive run on me. Down to P6. Continued to lap 30 where I pitted and came out just behind @Leroy1600 in P10. @Tin32 made a mistake on lap 36, allowing me to take P9.

My race really settled after that, although constantly having to ease off for the bloody track limits, which are extremely sensitive here! Had a really odd lag moment with @Ayresii1995 on lap 43. I think I'm quite lucky that I didn't pick up any damage or lose any more time.

The race came alive again, having passed @Chechum in the pits, on lap 47 when I caught @Fred Ogega and @Mix33 (are you Borja?), respectively. Had a great battle with Borja for P6, spanning a couple of laps before he made a mistake and Fred was next, some more fun was had there, before being able to pass at the hairpin for P5, which is the position I brought it home in.

Incredible pace Raoualf, fantastic win and to the rest on the podium. Some great racing out there!

Last edited:

Raoualf21731

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2020
After some heartbreaking experiences in Barcelona (a disconnection pushing me at the back despite a nice pace) and Rouen (where I showed to the AOR world that being a rookie is pretty tough), what a blast to finally be able to show that I’m able to do well in races! I think that’s the very point of reversed order races: spicing things up and giving a second chance to those who messed up the first part of their season.

Thanks for all the messages and the positive vibes, I really appreciate this.

I was so nervous at the start, I think I literally hold my breath for 10 laps. On Tuesday, I experienced some grip loss from lap 10 to 15 – yesterday, it was rather from lap 5 to 10. After that, I got more relaxed and was just focused on getting the job done, breathing and avoiding at all cost some drama with the back-markers.

My start was good enough, @robsterf1 staying a bit behind and letting me take P2 easily. Nice fight at the start with @Meester_Bond_WHG, who overtook me at turn 3 after I did so at turn 2. On the next braking point he went straight, probably missing his braking point while looking in his mirrors. So I could take P1 very early in the race, as expected.

My goal then was to keep up the good pace and to build the gap lap after lap, while preserving the rubber of the tyres and keeping some margin in case of someone like McKinda or Marcos Moutinho would come out of the traffic. I wanted at all cost to avoid driving to the limit. In long races, it usually ends badly when you do so.

I saw some back-markers crossing the track, getting me close to some heart attacks. I was really struggling in the dirty air and I’m sorry if I sometimes flashed a bit aggressively some drivers, who overall did an amazing job to let me pass through.

The game became very glitchy at some point again. BorjaPC was even randomly jumping from a place to another on the track when I followed him. I tried to stay focused instead of blaming the servers.

As my lead was really comfortable and my strategy very flexible, I picked the option of changing my front tyres to be more comfy at the end of the race, even though I was really fine with mine. I almost regretted it, as I visibly set up some wrong tyre pressure in the menus. The only tiny mistakes that I did occurred at that moment: a 1-second penalty after understeering at turn 1 and then a breaking point missed as my reference on the track (a cone) got taken away by another driver. But eventually, the tyre pressures went up and I could secure my P1.

The last 6 laps were long as hell. I’m really relieved it ended up this way. I think the Audi was amazing on this track. I’m really surprised to see that I could hold a visibly very good pace with some comfortable margin on track.

Congrats to @McKinda for yet another awesome performance securing his championship lead. Congrats too @Leroy1600 for yet another podium and the fastest lap, which makes you jump in the championship. My teammate @Barker95 got another P4 and some very good points for the team championship, well done as well!

I really hope that the 'Wednesday curse' that I had is now behind and that I’ll be able to fight at the top every week when the pace is there. Now let’s focus on the next stop in Germany!

--

Additional notes:
  • we actually raced way faster than Tier 2 :)
  • I had exactly the same reaction than Pierre Gasly in Brazil when I crossed the line, my voice will need some time to recover
  • Congrats to my friends @Luche109 and @Coldtyre in tier 4 as they take 1st and 2nd spot in their championship after their race. Well done guys, very happy for you, what a night!

Last edited:

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
one to forget for me. my car was horrible to drive after 6 laps and by lap 20 it was like driving on ice. no clue how to change this? got lapped and decided to retire out of worry of ruining somebody else race. big congrats to winner @Raoualf21731 and to @McKinda for getting through the pack to claim 2nd. You two deserve to be in the top league imo. This is meant as a compliment btw.

• Friendly
Reactions: Raoualf21731

Raoualf21731

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2020
one to forget for me. my car was horrible to drive after 6 laps and by lap 20 it was like driving on ice. no clue how to change this? got lapped and decided to retire out of worry of ruining somebody else race. big congrats to winner @Raoualf21731 and to @McKinda for getting through the pack to claim 2nd. You two deserve to be in the top league imo. This is meant as a compliment btw.
Thanks for the kind words! There is a lot of talent around so let's focus on the next race before anything else :)

Did you pick the softs or the hard tyres? Were they at the right temperature and pressure? Yesterday, for the first time on PC2, I felt like I was right in the performance window of my tyres and it felt really great in the car.

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Thanks for the kind words! There is a lot of talent around so let's focus on the next race before anything else :)

Did you pick the softs or the hard tyres? Were they at the right temperature and pressure? Yesterday, for the first time on PC2, I felt like I was right in the performance window of my tyres and it felt really great in the car.
I was running softs but hadn't done any race testing, so no idea as to what pressures to run?