PS4 - AOR GT3 S15 - PS4 Tier 4 - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP - 25.03.20 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S15 - PS4 Tier 4 - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP - 25.03.20 @8pm UK time

CHRSMELLYANAN

Pro Karter
Jan 10, 2020
Jep, that was me.. I saw you spinning and thought I had enough space to take the inside of the left corner to avoid you. Too bad that did not work out. I had 15 front damage from then on and could not keep up the good pace. Final lap I overtook someone who was out of fuel, so i took the 7th place in this first race.

But... @Michel--NL and @CHRSMELLYANAN can you clearify for me:

After that contact, where I went from 4th to 3rd postition, the game insisted that I returned to place 4 within 20 seconds. So I had to wait for G-strom who was driving behind me for a few laps and had to let him pass me. This was not a fair decision of the game and it cost me a valuable place and valuable time.
What is your advice in these situations? Indeed listen to the game and do what I did, or race on and after the race let it evaluate by someone, so the penalty (I think I would have gotten a time penalty of 30 seconds if I did not return to fourth place in time) could be taken away and recalculated in the race-results?
I’ll have a word with Michel and see how u stand in future

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
After that contact, where I went from 4th to 3rd postition, the game insisted that I returned to place 4 within 20 seconds. So I had to wait for G-strom who was driving behind me for a few laps and had to let him pass me. This was not a fair decision of the game and it cost me a valuable place and valuable time.
What is your advice in these situations? Indeed listen to the game and do what I did, or race on and after the race let it evaluate by someone, so the penalty (I think I would have gotten a time penalty of 30 seconds if I did not return to fourth place in time) could be taken away and recalculated in the race-results?
I’ll have a word with Michel and see how u stand in future
We have seen it before, that if you overtake a driver who made a spin on the grass and you need to make an avoiding move then you get an penalty for that.
You can make an enquiry to get it removed, be aware to provide enough evidence and use the proper format. There is no guarantee that it will be removed, it all depends on what happened. Could also be that the penalty will be reduced to 10 seconds, but it depends on what happened. So provide good evidence on the incident is key.
Removing an unfair time penalty: In game penalties for track limit violations will not be removed by the stewards. Exceptions are possible penalties caused by bugs/issues in the game (no such bugs are currently known), or if you get for example a 30 second time penalty for avoiding a crash.
If you receive a 30 seconds time penalty from the game, and you feel this was awarded unfairly, you can make an enquiry for the penalty to be removed. When making such an enquiry, you need to provide evidence of the penalty being applied. Evidence can be either in the form of video footage, or a picture where we need to see the penalty given and see what it was given for. If the stewards thinks there is not enough evidence to remove the penalty then it will not be removed.
How to get evidence from the replay?
If you think you get an unfair 30 seconds time penalty then the 30 seconds will be added to your lap time from the round you committed the penalty. So the best way is to create a video with the complete lap until you crossed the finish line. Then you will see that the 30 seconds time penalty is added to your laptime.

Robbb74

Pro Karter
Jan 19, 2020
We have seen it before, that if you overtake a driver who made a spin on the grass and you need to make an avoiding move then you get an penalty for that.
You can make an enquiry to get it removed, be aware to provide enough evidence and use the proper format. There is no guarantee that it will be removed, it all depends on what happened. Could also be that the penalty will be reduced to 10 seconds, but it depends on what happened. So provide good evidence on the incident is key.
Thank you! I will not make a big deal of this, beeing an average driver in Tier4, haha.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Thank you! I will not make a big deal of this, beeing an average driver in Tier4, haha.
Come back when it's costing you place 1 ;)
You have all the right to do it (y)

Davidgrundstrom

Formula Karter
Feb 23, 2019
From my perspective, (i can upload my point of view later) i saw you to crasch and tried my best to avoid crasching in to you, i did not feel/see touching you, i´m sorry that i got you to spin. to me it looked like you were standing still on track and i tried to go around you.
sorry for the delay @Fot79 , here´s my POV, as you can see i did not see you coming, i tried to just avoid you and keep clear of you. this is the problem with single screens, did not see that you coming from the left.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fot79

Coldtyre

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 17, 2020
sorry for the delay, here´s my POV, as you can see i did not see you coming, i tried to just avoid you and keep clear of you. this is the problem with single screens, did not see that you coming from the left.

In options you can add proximity arrows, and radio spotter. These will help you greatly with knowing where cars are around you.

• Informative
Reactions: Davidgrundstrom

Coldtyre

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 17, 2020
@Coldtyre i know it´s a great tool. i have both on, (you can see "one on your left") but the proximity arrows dissapeared in this corner, for some reason, maybe lag?
Ah ok, my bad didn't see it. It's not always fast enough especially when there's a lot of speed differential. Heck, even pros crash constantly on ovals because of that, things just go too fast sometimes.

Reactions: Davidgrundstrom