XB1 - AOR GT3 S15 - XB1 Tier 1- Week 1 - Barcelona-Catalunya GP - 25.03.20 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR GT3 S15 - XB1 Tier 1- Week 1 - Barcelona-Catalunya GP - 25.03.20

willyblackhamer

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 24, 2018

ROUND 1 - Barcelona-Catalunya GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday March 25th 2020
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 35 Laps (1 formation lap + 34 race laps)

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying:
Heavy Cloud
- Race:
Overcast

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 15/04/20 12:00
- Race start time: 15/04/20 13:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:

Uninformed No Shows:

Arran

Formula Karter
Jan 20, 2020

ROUND 1 - Barcelona-Catalunya GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday March 25th 2020
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 35 Laps (1 formation lap + 34 race laps)

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying:
Heavy Cloud
- Race:
Overcast

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 15/04/20 12:00
- Race start time: 15/04/20 13:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:

Uninformed No Shows:
So, Feedback.

General:
Please, please, please watch yourself on the formation lap. That’s both Eval Race 2 and GT3 Round 1 that i’ve been hit in. Not impressed. As @KhaosTheory29 said, watch your defense as well. I saw @Valerio (I think) cutting parts of the track and forcing Khaos wide at points towards the end of the race. It’s not fun to race against that, guys. On another note, I feel that the track was maybe a little bit too cold. It was a pain in the ass to learn it, but by the end I was enjoying the track for what it was. I’d say it’s a keeper for future leagues.

Incident Notes:
Formation Lap Crash - I had moved into the P5 slot, where I should’ve lined up after @Hydranockz had a look at his HUD settings. After that, I was hit from behind (I can’t remember who by, P4 starter?) and had lost my Rear Bumper & Wing and had major rear-left suspension damage, so I had real issues before the race even began.

Massive Crash in Turn 3 - What happened there? Replays?

Incident with @Axl Jay - I’m sorry for the contact. As I didn’t have HUD, I didn’t know if I was racing you or not. I also wasn’t sure of my braking point, and you braked about 15m earlier than I expected, I couldn’t react fast enough, so I locked up at the front and ran into your rear. It was unintentional and unexpected.

Other Incidents - I stalled once at the final chicane and was sent flying upwards by one of the front-runners, I think they were P6 at the time? I also managed to roll at 300kph on the main straight and narrowly missed @Cavicloud on my re-entry to the track.

Personal Notes - Map HUD Switch.

Hydranockz

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 25, 2018
Race starts at 50:18

There was my POV anyway. I didn't think I was wrong to try go on the outside, but then found myself far enough wide that braking on the kerbs would have spun me. Massively unfortunate for all involved. By all means, if ye want to raise it with the stewards, I won't hold any grudges.

Reactions: Copper Nuts08

Arran

Formula Karter
Jan 20, 2020
Race starts at 50:18

There was my POV anyway. I didn't think I was wrong to try go on the outside, but then found myself far enough wide that braking on the kerbs would have spun me. Massively unfortunate for all involved. By all means, if ye want to raise it with the stewards, I won't hold any grudges.
From what I can tell, it was the Blue and Red Ferrari that cut across your rear which caused the incident. You were probably right to try the outside to be honest, you didn’t really have another option. Racing incident imo.

Hydranockz

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 25, 2018
How on earth my Cycle Hud assignment on the Left Dpad got replaced with the DRS button is a complete mystery to me...

Reactions: Arran

Arran

Formula Karter
Jan 20, 2020
How on earth my Cycle Hud assignment on the Left Dpad got replaced with the DRS button is a complete mystery to me...
Lmaooooooooo

I love and hate Thrustmaster simultaneously. The 4 buttons along the bottom of the TMX are the same mappings as the Shift Paddles, Pause, and ‘window’ buttons. I would have so much more option for mapping if they were bound separately!!! Guess I just need to replace my DRS and KERS mappings when racing the GT3s

Reactions: Valerio

Arran

Formula Karter
Jan 20, 2020
here's a video of the crash on the first lap - judge for yourself

Idk man. @Hydranockz was headed straight for the kerbs, like he said, and if he braked on them a crash was inevitable. Unfortunately, as he (slightly) steered back across the track to avoid the kerb, the Ferrari was at the point where any contact would result in a pin-manoeuvre. @KhaosTheory29 was collected by the Ginetta veering across the track and the Ferrari simply spun it after the contact. It’s a racing incident to me, but if I absolutely had to pin blame, it’s on the Ferrari. Should’ve left more room.

Valerio

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 1, 2019
This is what I think @KhaosTheory29 mention in the chat? Unfortunately the replay got cut on the last laps so I only have my POV.

As far as car positioning goes - I was protecting the inside, then as we approached the corner you were still behind so I moved towards the racing line, just before braking.
You then dived on the inside, saw you and I thought I left you just about space (difficult to judge from cockpit view) but then my car oversteered and we bumped, then I left you space on the inside again on the next corner (this time we were side by side), and you pushed me off the track at which point I stood my ground with two wheels on the track. Not sure where I was supposed to go, apart from lifting and let you pass? I think it was fair racing.

Anyway my car died after 20 laps, every left hand turn was a lottery, I have no idea why I had no grip on the right tyres :(

Last edited:

Valerio

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 1, 2019
Idk man. @Hydranockz was headed straight for the kerbs, like he said, and if he braked on them a crash was inevitable. Unfortunately, as he (slightly) steered back across the track to avoid the kerb, the Ferrari was at the point where any contact would result in a pin-manoeuvre. @KhaosTheory29 was collected by the Ginetta veering across the track and the Ferrari simply spun it after the contact. It’s a racing incident to me, but if I absolutely had to pin blame, it’s on the Ferrari. Should’ve left more room.
I see 3 cars going straight and one that suddenly turns unaware that someone else is on the side. Unfortunately without peripheral vision (plus blind spot) it's easy to get too focused on the track and not realise someone is next to you. I'd suggest to enable the spotters. They really help.

willyblackhamer

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 24, 2018
As I said in chat this is not a blame game if anyone wants to report an incident then do so but can I ask that we focus on comments about track, weather conditions, tempature etc.
It was a rough start to the season but it is up to us all to step up and do what we can to improve the racing quality. If anyone is doing a bit of setup or practice post up and you may get a few drivers, try and help each other out with setups etc.
Thanks

Hydranockz

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 25, 2018
I don't mind talking it out to see where/how I should have handled that differently if at all. If it goes to the stewards then only the 3 involved and other curious souls can learn from it. At least here, a better consensus can be formed from most of this tier. Or else I can forever hold my peace :censored:

I had put the practice in and enjoyed this track/weather combo a lot. I had to manually keep an eye out for other cars along the track to get a sense of the pace, but after lap 1, it was a lot of fun.

Cavicloud

Pro Karter
Mar 16, 2020
I would like to thank you for yesterday's race, I'm forty years old but I'm new to online races, it was Amazing and above all thanks to the organizers.
See you in the next race, even if I hate it because it is not a circuit but it is a road! Why? I hate this.
:mad:

Gerymaster_HUN

3 times AOR XB1 GT3 champion
May 26, 2019
I would like to thank you for yesterday's race, I'm forty years old but I'm new to online races, it was Amazing and above all thanks to the organizers.
See you in the next race, even if I hate it because it is not a circuit but it is a road! Why? I hate this.
:mad:
Good to hear it @Cavicloud :) I think that while the season goes forward, you are going to be more and more precise, get some more practice and you will know better your car's behaviour. The most important to enjoy the races and have some good evening program with the other sim fans :)
Rouen will be a lottery, or even worse. Narrow and fast road, dangerous kerbs and tricky racing line. And the hairpin...the first laps will be about surviving, I guess :) Or is it just a joke? April's Fool awaiting :eek:

Daniroja

Formula Karter
Jan 14, 2020
In practice Rouen seems more fun than I initially feared, lots of fast corners etc. But that’s on my own. Racing with other cars I can imagine is a different kettle of fish!!