XB1 - AOR GT3 S15 - XB1 Tier 1 - Week 2 - Rouen Les Essarts - 01.04.20 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR GT3 S15 - XB1 Tier 1 - Week 2 - Rouen Les Essarts - 01.04.20

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

willyblackhamer

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 24, 2018

ROUND 2 - Rouen Les Essarts

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday April 1st 2020
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Sprint Race: 11 Laps
- Feature Race: 23 Laps (1 formation lap + 22 race laps)
PC: Starting order top 16 reversed from sprint race and all remaining drivers from P17 downwards in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.
Consoles: Starting order top 8 reversed from sprint race and all remaining drivers from P9 downwards in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying:
Hazy
- Sprint Race:
Light Cloud
- Feature Race:
Hazy

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 27/04/20 09:00
- Sprint Race start time: 27/04/20 10:00
- Feature Race start time: 27/04/2020 11:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:

Uninformed No Shows:

willyblackhamer

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 24, 2018

In a bid to improve standards EVERYONE is required to re-read the rules and watch the rolling start video, which is all linked above.

I will be asking questions about rules and starting procedure and if i am not satisfied that you have done what i have asked you will NOT race!

No one is exempt from this so get reading and watching! I will also require everyone to take part in a practice formation lap during the free practice before qualifying. thanks

Gerymaster_HUN

3 times AOR XB1 GT3 champion
May 26, 2019
Good idea @willyblackhamer ;)
Please take into account that I still don't have a proper mic (I can hear you, but can't answer... :(), so if you ask me, please do it in a message. Thousand thanks bud ;)

Hydranockz

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 25, 2018
The practice formation lap is a great idea @willyblackhamer.

Doing some practice laps, it's not as bad as I thought it might be. That first sector is going to be rough on the first lap, but once the packs start to find their pace, I'd imagine it'll be a lot easier to keep it clean. The kerbs are still a nightmare. Turn 2 is easily the trickiest corner for me to take at speed.

I'm all ears for any setup tweaks to give me Ginetta a kick up the arse on those long straights!

Edit: Best I can manage on TT so far is a 1:55. Got turn 2 down but the hay bales on the outside of that last turn before the long straights is destroying me. Either I take it easy and lose a few seconds on the last sector or I skirt the kerbs and get wrecked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arran

Gerymaster_HUN

May 26, 2019
Ohh guys, this track :rolleyes: I got back the memories from last season's race of Hockenheim Classic. Fast and narrow asphalt, kerbs all over the track, walls, fences, not enough room to avoid any crash or just save your ass...but this french "dream" is much worse, I guess. Today I made my first practice of ~15 laps, but my pit crew was so busy :D:Dbut I could manage some better laps almost without mistakes.
First is safety, then we can concentrate on lap times.
On the other hand it can be a fun race with big slipstream battles, I'm really curious about the sprint race, and after it the reversed starting order. We'll see :)

Arran

Formula Karter
Jan 20, 2020
The practice formation lap is a great idea @willyblackhamer.

Doing some practice laps, it's not as bad as I thought it might be. That first sector is going to be rough on the first lap, but once the packs start to find their pace, I'd imagine it'll be a lot easier to keep it clean. The kerbs are still a nightmare. Turn 2 is easily the trickiest corner for me to take at speed.

I'm all ears for any setup tweaks to give me Ginetta a kick up the arse on those long straights!

Edit: Best I can manage on TT so far is a 1:55. Got turn 2 down but the hay bales on the outside of that last turn before the long straights is destroying me. Either I take it easy and lose a few seconds on the last sector or I skirt the kerbs and get wrecked.
In the Huracan, I’m taming T2 flat-out in the low revs of 5th since I softened my rear suspension, but I can’t work out where to brake for 4. Tips? Just watch the kerbs and you’ll be fine Hydra.

Daniroja

Formula Karter
Jan 14, 2020
I’m just about touching 2.02 with 50L fuel on board. The only change I’ve made from Catalunya is reducing front and rear wing for the long straight. Any other tips?

Gerymaster_HUN

May 26, 2019
I think there is no exact braking point for T4. Maybe the best way to brake a bit before the turn, then release the throttle and give 40-50 % of braking pressure. This way is good to not to lock your front wheels and you can still turn your car's nose with only a small understeering. But as I discovered, it can changes lap by lap, depends on your speed, direction, tyre condition and if there is opponent around you or not :)

Gerymaster_HUN

May 26, 2019
I’m just about touching 2.02 with 50L fuel on board. The only change I’ve made from Catalunya is reducing front and rear wing for the long straight. Any other tips?
@Daniroja Maybe harder front and softer rear springs and suspension, lower brake ducts and less negative camber angle. But a lot depends on a car you drive. Which is ideal for my Merc, could be a total trash for an Audi or a Lambo.
Try to keep your car further from the kerbs than usual, and find proper and safe braking points (road signs, trees, rocks, etc.), which you can change during a practice session, so you will be able to be faster with trusting in your braking markers and your track acknowledge ;)

Hydranockz

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 25, 2018
I haven’t found a braking point for T4 yet :/
I tend to start braking before the bend, taking a tighter line on entry, lift through the bend, straighten up and finish braking. Basically avoiding the kerbs there for my life. If I try some fancy smancy trail braking I just end up getting hay in my rear.

Edit: Woops, saw an ad after Arran's post and assumed it was the last one.

Arran

Formula Karter
Jan 20, 2020
Whose decision was it to have modern GT Racecars go round a ‘60s Circuit anyways?

Cavicloud

Pro Karter
Mar 16, 2020
hello to all mates, sorry but for days I have not participated in the threads, I have had a bad influence, probably Covid-19, I, wife and son, I could not use the xbox, now luckily we are better, tomorrow I will participate in the race but I have not tried the track and I do not know it, be careful that there will be a very slow on the street!
@Will, ok for questions on departure, but my english is not good, if you write me I can answer.

Reactions: Hydranockz

Hydranockz

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 25, 2018
2:02 or there abouts. Racing the AI, watching them all draft away on the straights, as they travel ever further into the horizon.

Gerymaster_HUN

May 26, 2019
I just finished my practice with a 23 laps feature race. I have to say that it's as hard as the 90 min Spa was last season. Only ~45 mins, but it's mental :)
My lap times were around high 1:53s - low 1:54s. If we need to pit because of some unlucky situation :ROFLMAO:, the entry is really fast and easily can be failed to slow down in time, and the exit is a lottery.