XB1 - AOR GT3 S15 - XB1 Tier 1 - Week 2 - Rouen Les Essarts - 01.04.20 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR GT3 S15 - XB1 Tier 1 - Week 2 - Rouen Les Essarts - 01.04.20

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Copper Nuts08

Formula 4 1st Driver
Nov 1, 2016
Not too sure if I can make this round @willyblackhamer ,my internet took a **** and I have more hope of the Pope calling to fix it than an engineer with this covid19 stuff , I'll keep ya posted man but take it as I'm out for now

willyblackhamer

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 24, 2018
Not too sure if I can make this round @willyblackhamer ,my internet took a **** and I have more hope of the Pope calling to fix it than an engineer with this covid19 stuff , I'll keep ya posted man but take it as I'm out for now
Ah **** one man, get a bolt on and run it off ur phone!!! Lol thanks for letting me know anyways bud

Ziperburn

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 25, 2020
@JordanMcGonigal @MrMarko1100 @Ziperburn

Congratulations you will all be racing tomorrow night!!
I may not be able to use the chat feature while on track. I might have to do that as I still have not resolved the issue with the chat being way to loud and drowning out my motor sound and everything else.

edit - got the kid to look at it, revealed that slider y'all were talking about last night, hopefully all good. I'd love to test it prerace if anyone is online give me a shout please and thanks

Last edited:

willyblackhamer

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 24, 2018
I may not be able to use the chat feature while on track. I might have to do that as I still have not resolved the issue with the chat being way to loud and drowning out my motor sound and everything else.

edit - got the kid to look at it, revealed that slider y'all were talking about last night, hopefully all good. I'd love to test it prerace if anyone is online give me a shout please and thanks
There will be a a 5 min practice session before quali o sort out any bugs etc

Hydranockz

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 25, 2018
1:57s for me now. This track is actually fun with zero traffic.

@willyblackhamer Spotted that the PS4 Leagues tonight are getting people to go slow and stick to the left for the formation lap of the main race to allow cars to pass on the right. That should make slotting into the race positions a bit easier as Sector 1 is so narrow. Could we do something similar?

Last edited:

Hydranockz

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 25, 2018
I couldn't keep going lads. Stone cold tires, just spinning all over the shop. I don't understand the disconnect between all the practice I put in and the absolute nightmare of those laps. Couldn't even cobble together a quali lap. That was a blessing because I didn't want to be anywhere near anyone else.

Not a good feeling.

Daniroja

Formula Karter
Jan 14, 2020
I couldn't keep going lads. Stone cold tires, just spinning all over the shop. I don't understand the disconnect between all the practice I put in and the absolute nightmare of those laps. Couldn't even cobble together a quali lap. That was a blessing because I didn't want to be anywhere near anyone else.

Not a good feeling.
def sounds like the ice tyres bug mate. I had it in Hockenhem in the first evaluation race. 10s off my practice times, horrible feeling all over the place lap after lap

Cavicloud

Pro Karter
Mar 16, 2020
thanks for the race guys, I didn't know the track and I couldn't try all week because of the covid I was in bed all week. Difficult to do better, however the track was fun, too bad I was not competitive, but I let everyone pass and I was very careful with the rules.

What a great language barrier for me, sorry @Willyblackhammer
I never made a silent scene, not even at school!

Gerymaster_HUN

3 times AOR XB1 GT3 champion
May 26, 2019
Well done for everyone guys, I thought these races are going to be more dangerous and crashes all over the track, but we made it :) Of course I had my mandatory spin, which cost me almost a minute, but after it I enjoyed the race. I followed Valeryio for 3-4 laps, when in the T1 I lost the rear of my car in the dirty air and kissed the wall/fence. Had smaller aero and suspension damage, so I had the whole lap to go around with a slow car :)
I also struggled with the cold tyres even in quali and the two races, but the worst was in the main race, where I wasn't able to make my tyres to a working temperature. Every lap was an ice-dance for me. In a private online session which I made the previous day everything was totally different with the same conditions. My best lap time was 51:8 in quali and 52:4 in race, but yesterday I couldn't go even near to these times... And next to that something happened to my wheel, too. The FFB went wrong and I just felt that the wheel wanted to go off from my hands every moment...it was crazy while catching others or just in straight line, when I noticed that my wheel shaking left or right. Because of these things these were my hardest races in AOR, but congrats for everyone! Good racing, the backmarkers were so nice and helpful.
See you lads next time ;)

Daniroja

Formula Karter
Jan 14, 2020
The FFB went wrong and I just felt that the wheel wanted to go off from my hands every moment...it was crazy while catching others or just in straight line, when I noticed that my wheel shaking left or right.
I noticed this too - much more movement in the wheel than solo practice - not all sections of the track though. Back straight was bad, and pit lane (?)

I really enjoyed it - not fast in outright terms but kept pounding round in the 1.58s and felt much more consistent. No margin for error so i made a conscious effort to not push on the ragged edge at all and race at 85-90%. Managed to stay out of trouble!

Valerio

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 1, 2019
When practicing in single player with 16 AI opponents, my wheel FFB was so all over the place I had to lower it to 85%. In the multiplayer lobby was fine again, but then I had little feel until I managed to set it back to 100%. Also the grip in single player races was way less than what was available in the lobby. I'll never understand this game, it 's just a giant bug. Can't wait for ACC.

@Gerymaster_HUN
I followed Valeryio for 3-4 laps, when in the T1 I lost the rear of my car in the dirty air and kissed the wall/fence. Had smaller aero and suspension damage, so I had the whole lap to go around with a slow car :)
Well done on laps 1, 2 and 3, especially at the last hairpin - that's how it's done. I've got your spin recorded in the rear view mirror of my POV - I'll share it once uploaded.

Last edited:

Gerymaster_HUN

3 times AOR XB1 GT3 champion
May 26, 2019
When practicing in single player with 16 AI opponents, my wheel FFB was so all over the place I had to lower it to 85%. In the multiplayer lobby was fine again, but then I had little feel until I managed to set it back to 100%. Also the grip in single player races was way less than what was available in the lobby. I'll never understand this game, it 's just a giant bug. Can't wait for ACC.

@Gerymaster_HUN

Well done on laps 1, 2 and 3, especially at the last hairpin - that's how it's done. I've got your spin recorded in the rear view mirror of my POV - I'll share it once uploaded.
Yes, I agree. PC2 will be always a "magical" thing, it's just like cats: it dominates you, not reverse :cool:
I also really enjoyed the fight with you, it was nice and close :) I raced the Ferrari 1 year ago in another league, where I had some problems in the faster tracks with its end-speed, so yesterday you surprised me in the straight. Ok, we both had a slipstream, but the speeds were tough. When I spun, I felt that "Oh, sh*t, why can't we continou that??" I just tap the grass with 3-4 cms, but the dirty air behind you and Khaos made it worse and boooom, found myself in the fence :cautious:
Ok, I'm really corious about that moment, it needed to be funny from the mirror :ROFLMAO:

Valerio

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 1, 2019
It was only slipstream from the yellow Ferrari. The AMG has a mighty engine, F488 doesn't get even closer to 280... saw the AMG hit 287km/h easily. Setup helps but it was only damage limitation.