XB1 - AOR GT3 S15 - XB1 Tier 1 - Week 3 - Ruapuna GP - 08.04.2020 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR GT3 S15 - XB1 Tier 1 - Week 3 - Ruapuna GP - 08.04.2020

willyblackhamer

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 24, 2018

ROUND 3 - Ruapuna GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday April 8th 2020
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: No qualifying for this round! Starting order will be reversed championship standings.
- Race: 66 Laps (1 formation lap + 65 race laps)

● Weather Conditions:
- Race:
Clear -
Overcast (Sync-to-race)

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Race start time: 30/04/20 15:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:

Uninformed No Shows:

Hydranockz

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 25, 2018
Glad this is one of the 1.5 hour races. Feels like my beautiful, glorious Ginetta can actually have a decent fight. On a controller I was able to manage 1:23s quite consistently but I'm atrocious on accelerating out of those long turns.

I'll be fascinated to see what pit strategies get employed here.

Reactions: Daniroja

Hydranockz

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 25, 2018
Got my pace down to 21s but can't quite break a sub 20 time yet for quali. Need to tweak my setup some more but at least on cold tires, the setup I have now is faaaar more manageable.

Gerymaster_HUN

3 times AOR XB1 GT3 champion
May 26, 2019
Ahhh, this track is a nightmare. Ok, not the track itself, but the conditions and the behaviour of the tires and the car is ridiculous...the soft tires overheating in no time in the second sector and they have no time to cool down in a short straight. With the hards the track is just like an ice...no grip, no enough balance, so I'm really "waiting" for this one :eek: 66 laps and starting from the back must be interesting, guys.

Daniroja

Formula Karter
Jan 14, 2020
Agree, hards feel very Skatey. Softs are 1-2s a lap quicker and more stable but will they last?

Gerymaster_HUN

May 26, 2019
Guys, can you help me?
Another race with terrible wheel shaking and clipping...the more AI or people in a lobby, the worse this shaking. I really don't know how to fix this. But if that happens on Wednesdays, it'll lead to a disaster. During my practice today I had no clean lap without this shaking. It randomly turns the wheel to the right or left, which can cause a spin or even worse a collision with others in a tight situation. I spun minimum 25 times during a 90 min session, doesn't matter if my setup was stable and decent... Have you ever met with this in any online races if there are more than 10 person in a lobby? Sooooooo frustrating... I thought it only was in Rouen, but not...  new week, same issue.

Arran

Formula Karter
Jan 20, 2020
Had an argument with mum.

Result:
I’ll be lucky to make it to the race, let alone getting any practice in. Literally did 5 laps of this circuit in default setup.
Sorry in advance.

Arran

Formula Karter
Jan 20, 2020
Guys, can you help me?
Another race with terrible wheel shaking and clipping...the more AI or people in a lobby, the worse this shaking. I really don't know how to fix this. But if that happens on Wednesdays, it'll lead to a disaster. During my practice today I had no clean lap without this shaking. It randomly turns the wheel to the right or left, which can cause a spin or even worse a collision with others in a tight situation. I spun minimum 25 times during a 90 min session, doesn't matter if my setup was stable and decent... Have you ever met with this in any online races if there are more than 10 person in a lobby? Sooooooo frustrating... I thought it only was in Rouen, but not...  new week, same issue.
I know exactly what you mean. I fettled with deadzones to try and fix it but it made no difference. No idea how to fix it.

Hydranockz

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 25, 2018
Can't say the clippings been bad for me. That sounds miserable for 90 minutes.

What's the time progression being used in this race? I thought I used the same weather/time settings for a custom race as I had with a private session but the car felt so sluggish in the race. A mystery!

Reactions: Arran

Ziperburn

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 25, 2020
Bad
Guys, can you help me?
Bad/dirty Potentiometer? Recently had to pull the kids wheel apart to fix that...

Gerymaster_HUN

May 26, 2019
Today I will do dome changes in the FFB settings, maybe they can help a bit.
The potentiometers must be fine, because during an offline session, or in a TT everything works well and until we don't reach a number of ~12-13 people/online lobby, its ok. So, my problem only happens in an online lobby with more racers...as I read after my problem, I found that it's so common in PC2 with a Logitech G920. And they still have no 100% solution, as well
Btw, thanks guys, I keep on trying, hope it gets better 'til Wednesday.

@willyblackhamer in the last 2 seasons I always practiced in a private online lobby with AIs, because you're totally right, the conditions and the behaviour of the car can be totally different compared to a simple custom race.

@Hydranockz from week to week you can find an actual race info in the top of the topic, which says if the time progr. is sync to race or even accelerated. If you set everything well, there could be only minor differences between practice and real race (as I discovered so far )

Valerio

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 1, 2019
Today I will do dome changes in the FFB settings, maybe they can help a bit.
The potentiometers must be fine, because during an offline session, or in a TT everything works well and until we don't reach a number of ~12-13 people/online lobby, its ok. So, my problem only happens in an online lobby with more racers...as I read after my problem, I found that it's so common in PC2 with a Logitech G920. And they still have no 100% solution, as well
Btw, thanks guys, I keep on trying, hope it gets better 'til Wednesday.

@willyblackhamer in the last 2 seasons I always practiced in a private online lobby with AIs, because you're totally right, the conditions and the behaviour of the car can be totally different compared to a simple custom race.

@Hydranockz from week to week you can find an actual race info in the top of the topic, which says if the time progr. is sync to race or even accelerated. If you set everything well, there could be only minor differences between practice and real race (as I discovered so far )
I know @Axl Jay was having exactly the same issue with the G920 but he managed to dial it in somehow by changing some of his FFB settings.
It's just PCars - I manage to solve the shaking because on the Fanatec there's a dampening setting and it prevents the wheel from oscillating when self centring. Regardless of that, the weird dumb out physics remains (at least on xbox) when there are a lot of cars on track. I used to practice with just 3 or 4 AI, but then track doesn't rubber as much so anyway it's difficult to get similar conditions.

Hydranockz

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 25, 2018
Well then, I guess your front row (oh wait I'm in the second row) for tomorrow night's gotta put in some more practice in case he puts on a show at turn 1 :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Arran

Formula Karter
Jan 20, 2020
I know @Axl Jay was having exactly the same issue with the G920 but he managed to dial it in somehow by changing some of his FFB settings.
It's just PCars - I manage to solve the shaking because on the Fanatec there's a dampening setting and it prevents the wheel from oscillating when self centring. Regardless of that, the weird dumb out physics remains (at least on xbox) when there are a lot of cars on track. I used to practice with just 3 or 4 AI, but then track doesn't rubber as much so anyway it's difficult to get similar conditions.
I’ve got a TMX and it’s constant. I’ve tried with FF, Dampers, Spring Rates, Deadzones etc and haven’t made any difference. I’m condemned on PC2. Can’t wait for ACC...

Ziperburn

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 25, 2020
Gentlemen,

I've decided to exit the league, I'm simply not good enough to be here yet. Not being competitive and feeling like I'm going to become a nuisance along with the microphone and sound issues I'm having is too much. I'm a very competitive guy myself and if I were in the other racers shoes here I'd be frustrated dealing with a rolling chicane such as myself.

@willyblackhamer I thank you for all your effort and patience. Hopefully you'll see where I'm coming from and allow me to participate in a future league assuming I can get my sh*t together.

I will still visit the forum and will probably run the schedule offline just so I can see how I compare.

Thank you all for having me and I wish you all the best.

Sincerely,
Dick Ziperburn

Daniroja

Formula Karter
Jan 14, 2020
Just a note for anyone doing any practice, if you want to get "true" race conditions it's best to create an online lobby with all the settings and put it to private lobby. Doing a custom race will feel different
OMG it feels completely different. Thanks for the tip @willyblackhamer. I’d have gotten a rude awakening had I expected it to feel like TT or Practice mode.