PC - AOR GT3 S16 - PC Evaluation Race 2 05.08.2020 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S16 - PC Evaluation Race 2 05.08.2020

Pol.be

Pro Karter
Jun 6, 2019
Thanks for all the great racing yesterday everyone!
Unfortunately I pressed the wrong button on pit entry (from P8), not engaging my pit-limiter and getting disqualified...
I will join the practice race coming Tuesday to do my evaluation at that time, lesson learned yesterday :)

AndrexUK

4 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
Is there anywhere I can ask really silly questions? i.e. how do I settle down the rear of the car on the setup menu? For some laps of the race, I had no control over the rear, it was like it was on ice.
It depends WHEN it's being unstable really, but as a general rule:

Soften the rear Anti-roll bar (Or stiffen the front)
Soften the rear suspension (or stiffen the front)

But if it's on braking, then move the brake balance further forward. If it's loose on the back end on braking, it's most likely that it's the rear wheels locking up a little, and therefore not slowing down (when your front end IS slowing down), so if you front IS slowing down, and your rear ISN'T, then the rear will want to overtake your front! = slidey backend!

Happyal27

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 4 Champion
Feb 24, 2018
It depends WHEN it's being unstable really, but as a general rule:

Soften the rear Anti-roll bar (Or stiffen the front)
Soften the rear suspension (or stiffen the front)

But if it's on braking, then move the brake balance further forward. If it's loose on the back end on braking, it's most likely that it's the rear wheels locking up a little, and therefore not slowing down (when your front end IS slowing down), so if you front IS slowing down, and your rear ISN'T, then the rear will want to overtake your front! = slidey backend!
Thank you, it's mid corner so I'll try the suspension/roll bars.

The balance is perfect using Soft tires in Quali, but when I put Hard tires on the balance changes.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Someone has given me the wrong Steam name when they signed up :p

Who is Ronnie Pickering in-game?

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I believe it is @Ronnie P, however they haven't signed up to the league.
I was wondering last night why Ronnie was in the evaluation race.
Well that's certainly wierd. Guess I'm gonna have to keep an eye that he doesn't join the proper league races as well :p Unless he of course actually signs up to the league

Cyndafel

Pro Karter
May 7, 2020
I had Ronnie Pickering on my friends list before the evaluation race. Not sure if he joined the lobby through Steam Friends List? You can bypass license requirements by joining via Steam Friends list, not sure if you could also bypass the password too? He joined halfway through Qually. I think he was also one of the guys that jumped at the start during the rolling start when we were meant to wait 5 seconds. Was he on Discord?

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
I believe he's a friend of @Allen's as he normally does the open lobbies that @Allen hosts.
I don't recall seeing him on Discord, but I wasn't really looking.

And yes, I believe it is sometimes possible to bypass the lobby security by inviting through Steam - maybe something that needs testing/looking into.

Enton

AOR PC GT3 S15 T2 Champion
Aug 16, 2016
I believe he's a friend of @Allen's as he normally does the open lobbies that @Allen hosts.
I don't recall seeing him on Discord, but I wasn't really looking.

And yes, I believe it is sometimes possible to bypass the lobby security by inviting through Steam - maybe something that needs testing/looking into.

"lobby security " are you mean that (at least) 4 year old base password ??? with one capital letter in it?

• Funny
Reactions: AndrexUK

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
"lobby security " are you mean that (at least) 4 year old base password ??? with one capital letter in it?
When we have someone from the outside joining the lobby we usually just give them a slap on the wrist and problem solved. So we never had to change the password. I least I never had to for my lobbies :p

• Funny
Reactions: Enton