PC - AOR GT3 S16 - PC Tier 1 - Round 1: Daytona Road Course - 12.08.20 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S16 - PC Tier 1 - Round 1: Daytona Road Course - 12.08.20 @8PM UK TIME

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

ROUND 1 - Daytona Road Course

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday August 12th 2020
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 35 Laps (1 formation lap + 34 race laps)

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying:
Clear
- Race:
Clear -
Light cloud (Sync-to-race)

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 26/01/20 14:00
- Race start time: 26/01/20 15:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:
- @LuMe
- @Enton

- @AndrexUK

Uninformed No Shows:

Last edited by a moderator:

tRIP..

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 7, 2017
Mind if I make a suggestion? I propose we have 2 formation laps. It's rolling start here, and buggy af, and someone is likely gonna get wiped out by the rolling start procedure. This will allow people to repair damage and rejoin their positions before the start.

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
I might have a big chance to(too), i cant be there. I can be more sure on tuesday night. Work stuff. :(
aight, I put you up as a no-show for now, but will remove you when you're certain :)

More 8-10 no show and my chances of winning radically increase! :D
maybe you should throw Tony Clifton out and be the real Andy Kaufman.. might work wonders! :p

Mind if I make a suggestion? I propose we have 2 formation laps. It's rolling start here, and buggy af, and someone is likely gonna get wiped out by the rolling start procedure. This will allow people to repair damage and rejoin their positions before the start.
I'm pretty sure the rolling start the game provides can be turned off, but I will keep that in mind. If it can't be turned off, then this would be the wisest thing I guess

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
I'm pretty sure the rolling start the game provides can be turned off, but I will keep that in mind
It can't be turned off on Daytona for some odd reason - I guess because it's a NASCAR track and they have rolling starts.
As far as I know it's the only track that does this.

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
huh... I was pretty sure I had races there before without rolling...

But well I believe you guys, will have a word :)

NynS

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 23, 2019
Oh yeah, I remember, same with Texas two seasons ago. I think what we did back then was manually wait at half of the track and go afterwards. I think not touching ANYTHING and stable connections were the key, or we got really lucky back then.

Someone has a video with Texas, but with the formation procedure? I cut mine off at the AOR rolling start. That could serve as a blueprint :D

• Agree
Reactions: Enton

tRIP..

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 7, 2017
Texas from season 14:

Here's Daytona from season 12:

Looks like there's a game formation lap, then we do our manual formation lap.

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
When we did the Daytona 2.4 race earlier this year, I think we only had to restart once. After that, it went alright.

I recall us getting told in that race not to touch our equipment (wheel, pedals, gamepad, etc) until the lights go green - perhaps there's some kind of bug that causes the carnage if you do touch something?

Last edited:
Reactions: cameron951320

THR m0o0o7

4 Times AOR XB1 Project CARS 2 Champion
Feb 18, 2018
can i assume with 3 no shows there will be a spot for me in this race?

cameron951320

Pro Karter
Jun 10, 2020
In regards to the locked rolling starts, I was reading here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?59714-Rolling-start-ovals that it might be possible to force a standing start by running a race using standing at another track, then switching the track over to Daytona in the lobby. Not sure whether or not this has been patched out but it might be more reliable than restarting until there’s a clean start.

Reactions: ATOMiK029