PC - AOR GT3 S16 - PC Tier 1 - Round 8: Spa-Francorchamps - 30.9.20 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S16 - PC Tier 1 - Round 8: Spa-Francorchamps - 30.9.20 @8PM UK TIME

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019

ROUND 8 - Spa-Francorchamps

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday September 30th 2020
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: No qualifying for this round! Starting order will be reversed championship standings.
- Race: 41 Laps (1 formation lap + 40 race laps) CHANGED!!! --> 38 Laps (1 formation lap + 37 race laps)

● Weather Conditions:

- Race:
Clear -
Rain -
Clear (Sync-to-race)

● In-game time-of-day information (Time Progression 10x):
- Race start time: 27/07/20 16:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:
- @ATOMiK029
- @Tony Clifton
- @Ben Gason
- @HuN_ZsOlTeE

Uninformed No Shows:

Last edited:

StephenCarry

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
Provisional starting order - subject to change (penalty removal inquiries, drivers missing this round etc.)

spa_grid.png

• Useful
Reactions: Enton

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
As mentioned on Discord, I'm on holibobs next week so won't be there.

Have a good race though everybody! :)

• Agree
Reactions: StephenCarry

StephenCarry

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
RACE UPDATE:

There has been a slight miscalculation for the race length, so we have shortened it to 38 laps! :)

Gwegwyn

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 13, 2017
So, quick question, can any of you give me a rough idea of the laptimes during racepace? 'Cause I have a feeling I am terribly slow (at least compared to the TT times). So if I am really that slow, I'd rather not start form pole. Can't get lower than low 20's in online races, with high 19's as potentials.

StephenCarry

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
Maybe I can start from the last place?
So, quick question, can any of you give me a rough idea of the laptimes during racepace? 'Cause I have a feeling I am terribly slow (at least compared to the TT times). So if I am really that slow, I'd rather not start form pole. Can't get lower than low 20's in online races, with high 19's as potentials.
Well I can do 19s, so it's safe to say our aliens can go 2sec faster, at least in the dry. But that's the thing about reverse grids.

So to answer both of you: no you can not just change starting positions, sorry

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Gwegwyn

Gwegwyn

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 13, 2017
Well I can do 19s, so it's safe to say our aliens can go 2sec faster, at least in the dry. But that's the thing about reverse grids.

So to answer both of you: no you can not just change starting positions, sorry
Then it's not as bad as I thought it was. Odds on the right at the formation point? And where do you want me to wait for the field to form up?

Last edited:

Tony Clifton

AOR PC Formula Rookie Champion
Sep 24, 2019
I’m having the cold, fever, malaise, so sadly unable to race. I don't think it will pass tomorrow. :( God luck to everyone.

• What?

Ben Gason

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 4, 2017
Hey guys unfortunately im not going to be able to make Spa, i have a uni Lab from 5-7pm so it would be too tight to make it back in time to race.

• Agree

StephenCarry

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
@HIgh Times you have a spot to race today! But as you haven't finished any races so far, you have to start from the back :confused:

StephenCarry

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
Updated provisional starting order!

if we don't have any uninformed no-shows or DSCs before the start - this should be it :)

spa_grid_v2.png

Gwegwyn

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 13, 2017
Standout drives from both @WMDRMartin and @Gwegwyn !
Nice job guys!
Thought Martin was going to try his Indi Disconnect tactic of staying out and hoping a DC would happen :p
Thanks man!

I was expecting to finish somewhere around 15th and would have been happy with that. Finishing 5th is just beyond expectations. Sure, I'll admit that I got lucky and some of the faster guys had some bad luck. Still, I was surprised with the pace I had.

Soft - wet - soft was a gamble, but it paid of it seems.

Looking forward to the next race.

WMDRMartin

GP2 2nd Driver
Oct 31, 2017
Standout drives from both @WMDRMartin and @Gwegwyn !
Nice job guys!
Thought Martin was going to try his Indi Disconnect tactic of staying out and hoping a DC would happen :p
Ironically, because I stayed out for a few extra laps on the first stint on the hards, I found myself in P2 by the time I came in, which means had another disconnect occured I would've had another second place! :ROFLMAO:

Had an absolutely amazing time, often going around the outside of guys who are ordinarily over a second faster than me, even going side by side with @/CSR/ speedy.go through Eau Rouge without launching eachother into orbit, was great fun. @StrongestAvenger even tried to pass me on the grass at the Kemmel straight which was pretty insane but we all survived that as well xD

Typically I haven't been good in the rain on this game (even in the practise race) but yesterday it just all came together and I was somehow able to keep up with @Dynamite Alive 's pace (until the track dried up and he increased the gap from 20 to about 40 seconds :alien:)

Gotta say @Gwegwyn really showed us why reverse grid races aren't just exciting but also a great opportunity for lesser recognized people to put in standout results if they manage a consistent drive, which he most definitely did. That was an absolutely killer first stint and you fully deserved to finish as high as you did mate, well done & congrats ;)

@HIgh Times put in a commanding drive as well, even though his final overtake was a bit sketchy I can see him becoming a consistent frontrunner. I hope we get to race more together in future seasons :D

And last but most certainly not least, shoutout to @StephenCarry for his heroic rescue of damsel in distress @LuMe . I have never seen a car get stuck like that before, 10/10 for style :LOL:

/CSR/ speedy.go

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jan 17, 2019
Had an absolutely amazing time, often going around the outside of guys who are ordinarily over a second faster than me, even going side by side with @/CSR/ speedy.go through Eau Rouge without launching eachother into orbit, was great fun.
Sure was fun, but respectful as well, one of my bravest passes with lunging on left in Eau Rouge:cool: / side by side witch led me to pass you on Kemmel straight outside:D
GR Martin (y)and @Gwegwyn

Last edited: