TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

AOR Project CARS 2 GT3 Leagues - Season 16
Tips, Setups and Media Thread

Hello drivers!

Most of us are are in the search for tips, setups or videos of races to improve our race pace.
This is also the place where you can promote your own race highlights or streams.

Any help on tips, setups or video streams is appreciated :)

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Any suggestions on a telemetry software for a noob?
Racing Sim Tools (formerly known as PC2Tuner) is an absolute godsent for translating telemetry data into necessary setup changes.
The software itself is free, but then you have to either pay a monthly subscription to use it with all supported games or pay individually for a license to each game you want to use it with. Monthly fee is 7$ and for a permanent license is $15 per license.
Currently the software supports PC2, iRacing, F1 2019 (and 2020 using 2019's telemetry mode within the game), ACC, AC, RaceRoom, DiRT Rally 2.0 and AMS 2 and they are always working on expanding the game pool.

Zenzic

Formula Karter
May 17, 2020
Any suggestions on a telemetry software for a noob?
Thought I'd just put a free alternative here as well: https://github.com/viper4gh/CREST2

This is a small executable that you run on the same pc as PCars2. It gathers data from the shared memory file and serves it in json format on a local webserver. The rest is DIY, but it's an easy way to gather just the data you want if you know any programming language.

This is an example of the data it serves.

This is what I built on top:

telem.png

Zenzic

Formula Karter
May 17, 2020
Since we're talking tools:

- Crewchief: app that acts as a race engineer. Provides audio feedback about your race and can be asked a predetermined set of questions, like "how much fuel do we need". Free.
- VoiceAttack: lets you set up voice commands for sequences of button presses. I use it to control the ICM with voice commands, for instance by saying "set strategy 1" or "20 liters of fuel". Free app up until a certain number of macro's, I think.

No doubt most people here already know about these, but wouldn't want anyone to miss out.

• Useful
Reactions: Enton

Happyal27

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 4 Champion
Feb 24, 2018
Racing Sim Tools (formerly known as PC2Tuner) is an absolute godsent for translating telemetry data into necessary setup changes.
The software itself is free, but then you have to either pay a monthly subscription to use it with all supported games or pay individually for a license to each game you want to use it with. Monthly fee is 7$ and for a permanent license is $15 per license.
Currently the software supports PC2, iRacing, F1 2019 (and 2020 using 2019's telemetry mode within the game), ACC, AC, RaceRoom, DiRT Rally 2.0 and AMS 2 and they are always working on expanding the game pool.
Do you use Racing Sim Tools? I just can not get my head around it at all.

I was OK with the old version, I could make a basi setup, but the new one has me completely lost.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Do you use Racing Sim Tools? I just can not get my head around it at all.

I was OK with the old version, I could make a basi setup, but the new one has me completely lost.
At first it takes a bit to understand how it all works but there's a user manual that pretty much takes you through the whole process. I don't use the tool religiously but more as a directional kind of tool. If something feels wrong with the car but the numbers are correct, I always go with what I feel. It gets a bit silly if you try and hit the precise numbers with it, so simply using it as a general guideline of what to do with your setup makes a lot more sense :)

But that's pretty much the case with any telemetry software anyways :p

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Here is my POV from the first round:

Omg I feel so robbed :mad:

Here we are in tier 2 having to restart 2 times because first time we had a guy getting so heavy damage he wasn't able to continue and second time because someone was disqualified under AI control. Even the third time we had someone get heavy damage and we had to do an extra formation lap so we could all go into the pits to repair damage.

Tier 1 it just worked on the first try :confused:

• Sad
Reactions: Luke_BE and Enton

Tony Clifton

AOR PC Formula Rookie Champion
Sep 24, 2019
The car was very unstable at the braking distances and maybe a little oversteered. This setup didn’t work form me, but compared to that, 8th place is a dream. :D

If anyone can give advice on what I’m doing wrong, I’m very happy about it. I want to improve a little.

Bruno Ellis

Pro Karter
Jul 20, 2020
Does anyone have any tips on how to adjust the Lamborghini when one of the tires does not heat up like the other 3 ??? :mad:

Bruno Ellis

Pro Karter
Jul 20, 2020
The car was very unstable at the braking distances and maybe a little oversteered. This setup didn’t work form me, but compared to that, 8th place is a dream. :D

If anyone can give advice on what I’m doing wrong, I’m very happy about it. I want to improve a little.

Do you always use more tire pressure at the rear or is this a circumstance of the track and the car? :)

• Surprised
Reactions: Tony Clifton