• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 22 of the AOR F1 Leagues on F1 2021!
    They are closing on 6th August, so be sure not to miss out! Head to apexonline.racing to sign up!

PS AOR GT3 S16 - PS4 Evaluation Race 1 29-07-2020

Lacsap-Yoon

Formula Karter
A question, my car had 17% engine damage after the race had no idea how and why. My temperature was below 100 degrees all the time and I switch gears on time. Anyone have any idea?

Michel--NL

Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
A question, my car had 17% engine damage after the race had no idea how and why. My temperature was below 100 degrees all the time and I switch gears on time. Anyone have any idea?
Isn't that a particular Porsche problem...thought I heard that a couple of season ago. 17% damage shouldn't be a problem.

Every_Person

Formula Karter
Downshifts also impact the engine damage if I'm correct. Do you downshift very fast going into the hairpin for example?
(You were fast in that hairpin btw yesterday!)

Lacsap-Yoon

Formula Karter
Downshifts also impact the engine damage if I'm correct. Do you downshift very fast going into the hairpin for example?
(You were fast in that hairpin btw yesterday!)

I downshift fast but it can’t be to fast because the game don’t allow you to shift faster down than the car handle, with older cars you can shift to fast So the refs go sky high. So I think thats not the issue.

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
I downshift fast but it can’t be to fast because the game don’t allow you to shift faster down than the car handle, with older cars you can shift to fast So the refs go sky high. So I think thats not the issue.

you can still shift too fast even with the 'gear protection' - you need to time your downshifts smoothly