PS4 - AOR GT3 S16 - PS4 Tier 2 - Daytona Road Course - 12.08.20 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S16 - PS4 Tier 2 - Daytona Road Course - 12.08.20 @8PM UK Time

ScottyMac

Pro Karter
Jul 20, 2020
Enjoyed the racing last night... I need to work on consistency and stop having stupid slow speed spins. I found the second set of tyres I put on weren't as good as the first - is this a mechanic in the game? I had no pace after pit stop... I see @Michel--NL didn't change tyres in pit stop. I was going to do this but decided against it thinking that new tyres would have more temperature than the ones I had on since I couldn't keep the fronts warm at all.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Enjoyed the racing last night... I need to work on consistency and stop having stupid slow speed spins. I found the second set of tyres I put on weren't as good as the first - is this a mechanic in the game? I had no pace after pit stop... I see @Michel--NL didn't change tyres in pit stop. I was going to do this but decided against it thinking that new tyres would have more temperature than the ones I had on since I couldn't keep the fronts warm at all.
Did you use the same pressure on the tires from the pitstop?
BTW you should not need to change tires in a 60 minute race.

Lacsap-Yoon

Pro Karter
May 27, 2020
I didn't really enjoy the race last night.
After a promised qualifying where I was only 0.3sec behind pole I had expected more but unfortunately due to a crash in lap 2 that I just couldn't avoid my race was seen there.
After a long ride back to the pit my stop lasted almost 1.10min then as the last one back on the track where I could come along with the guys who were on 1, 2 and 3.
Just finish the race and get back to P10 on pace.
Too bad but unfortunately and on to the next one.

For the enthusiasts here my race

ScottyMac

Pro Karter
Jul 20, 2020
Did you use the same pressure on the tires from the pitstop?
BTW you should not need to change tires in a 60 minute race.
OMG! I can't believe I didn't know you had to set tyre pressures for the pit stop - I just assumed it gave you the same as what you started with! o_O

I'll also remember about not having to change. I'm learning... just a bit slow!

Reactions: Michel--NL

ScottyMac

Pro Karter
Jul 20, 2020
I didn't really enjoy the race last night.
After a promised qualifying where I was only 0.3sec behind pole I had expected more but unfortunately due to a crash in lap 2 that I just couldn't avoid my race was seen there.
After a long ride back to the pit my stop lasted almost 1.10min then as the last one back on the track where I could come along with the guys who were on 1, 2 and 3.
Just finish the race and get back to P10 on pace.
Too bad but unfortunately and on to the next one.

For the enthusiasts here my race
Wow that was pretty unlucky and unavoidable. You were still mighty fast later on with loads of engine damage!

Reactions: Lacsap-Yoon

Meester_Bond_WHG

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 20, 2018
Qualified 9th
Race 7th

Usual average/poor qualifying. Couldn't seem to go any quicker on low fuel than I managed in practice on a full tank.

As for the race, my car felt like someone else's. After three test sessions and not spinning hardly at all except when pushing way over the limit for a fastest lap, I found the car oversteering and spinning out at almost every corner. Rear end lock caused three spins in quick succession. Bizarre and totally unrecognisable from the car I had just half an hour earlier. The usual online race bug presumably. Pitted after just a few laps and sat for 20 seconds having damage repaired. Came out in 13th, almost a lap down. Managed to make yp a few places from there but the car was still a second slower than any previous session I'd done, only managing a 1'46 on the 30th lap and only by a whisker. Tip-toed round the whole time due to the oversteer issue so just couldn't push. Managed to keep the spibs diwn to just one more in the last 30 laps or so (I had the leaders behind me though so it could've been a disaster for the front two guys). Got away with it though and managed a respectable (for me) 7th. Roll on next week.

Scott Fell

AOR PS4 FR3.5 S2 T2 Champion
Apr 24, 2020
I enjoyed the race last night. Quali was definitely the best lap I had managed on that track throughout practice so I was happy to do that where it counts.

In the race, I was lucky enough to be ahead so I wasn’t involved in the big crash that took out most people at the start of lap 3.

But what I want to say is, I had a great 12-15 lap battle with @Niek van Gelder, pushing a lot but giving each other respect and space, you were so quick on the straights! I don’t know what happened after you pitted? I expected it to be close when I stopped but you were a bit back. Anyway I look forward to more battles like that. It’s why I joined AOR!

Niek van Gelder

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 29, 2015
I enjoyed the race last night. Quali was definitely the best lap I had managed on that track throughout practice so I was happy to do that where it counts.

In the race, I was lucky enough to be ahead so I wasn’t involved in the big crash that took out most people at the start of lap 3.

But what I want to say is, I had a great 12-15 lap battle with @Niek van Gelder, pushing a lot but giving each other respect and space, you were so quick on the straights! I don’t know what happened after you pitted? I expected it to be close when I stopped but you were a bit back. Anyway I look forward to more battles like that. It’s why I joined AOR!
I really enjoyed our battle as well! Just before I went into the pits I checked the strategy to make sure they didn’t refuel my car or change my tyres, since I had enough to go to the end, unfortunately I accidentally bumped the driver swap button to on which I didn’t realise, so when I came in the AI took over and drove a lap really slowly, and of course I had to call the car back to the pits again to retake control again, so I lost about 2 minutes in all of that…

ScottyMac

Pro Karter
Jul 20, 2020
I've uploaded my partial footage (forgot to start recording!) to YouTube...

I've also put the evaluation race from 5th on...

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I've uploaded my partial footage (forgot to start recording!) to YouTube...

I've also put the evaluation race from 5th on...

Wondering....You had @Pedro Pianna behind you as a lapped car and it looks like he was faster then you. Why not let him pass and use him as a slipstream to get to me?
That's something I should do, it gives me also the rest to not keep looking in my mirror where he is if he wants to do an overtake and I can just focus in front of me.

1664stan

Pro Karter
May 22, 2020
Better late than never, here's my race vid. @1664stan, check out lap 25 (35'00s). No wonder you were slow at that point.

It was a sinking feeling
Better late than never, here's my race vid. @1664stan, check out lap 25 (35'00s). No wonder you were slow at that point.

Meester

Meester I had a sinking feeling. I had a lot of damage, I’m looking forward to next one. From Rookie driver

Meester_Bond_WHG

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 20, 2018
Meester I had a sinking feeling. I had a lot of damage, I’m looking forward to next one. From Rookie driver
[/QUOTE]

Haha. Same here - roll on Bathurst (y)

PS - just wondering if it was your internet connection maybe. Are you using ethernet cable or wireless?

ScottyMac

Pro Karter
Jul 20, 2020
Wondering....You had @Pedro Pianna behind you as a lapped car and it looks like he was faster then you. Why not let him pass and use him as a slipstream to get to me?
That's something I should do, it gives me also the rest to not keep looking in my mirror where he is if he wants to do an overtake and I can just focus in front of me.
He was free to pass whenever but it felt like I'd have to really back off to make it happen. I was being quite steady through the bus stop section in the hope that he would drag past on the banking but he never got close enough. Then when he got close enough to pass, I began thinking about where to make that happen with the least amount of fuss.... that's when I went off the track. The problem I had was a severe lack of pace following unnecessary tyre change and the people I was actually racing against catching me at a consistent rate, so I didn't want to lose even a second to them... in the end, the break of concentration made me lose a couple of seconds.

This won't happen in the next race... I reckon I'll spend an hour visiting and re-visiting the pits to repair damage!

1664stan

Pro Karter
May 22, 2020
Haha. Same here - roll on Bathurst (y)

PS - just wondering if it was your internet connection maybe. Are you using ethernet cable or wireless?
[/QUOTE]
I’m connected via Ethernet Cable