Sep 11, 2016
Planet AOR

ROUND 8 - Spa-Francorchamps

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday September 30th 2020
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: No qualifying for this round! Starting order will be reversed championship standings.
- Race: 38 Laps (1 formation lap + 37 race laps)

● Weather Conditions:
- Race:
Clear -
Rain -
Clear (Sync-to-race)

● In-game time-of-day information (Time Progression 10x):
- Race start time: 27/07/20 16:00

Starting order:
starting order 1.png

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:
- @bigjeff1982_

Uninformed No Shows:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jelte and JamesMary

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
isle of wight
practice race is up:-

Scott Fell

AOR PS4 FR3.5 S2 T2 Champion
Apr 24, 2020
UK
Well that was a shambles. I had the pace to compete with @Fozzy12 & @Jelte but I got caught up trying to find a way past a slow moving @Lexie1993Maxie and @Lacsap-Yoon. I didn’t intend to go down the inside but the speed caught me out and I was glad only I spun and you carried out @Lacsap-Yoon. I got away with it! No damage at all. Recovered back to the track quickly and noticed @JamesMary closing in so I stayed as far left as I could and he just drove straight into the back of me. 100% damage at the rear. Entered the pits and my crew didn’t repair so I had to do a full lap with the damage. Then it rained so went to wets. I came out 3:15 down to the leader I think and through the rain clawed back to a P8 and 2:45 down to the leader. I wasn’t going to climb and higher and went for the fastest lap before binning it and having to pit. Then rather embarrassingly hit the pit wall and wedged myself so had to retire.

My race ruined at 9:00

@Fozzy12 - a little present for you on your big win!

Fozzy12

Formula Karter
Jun 6, 2020
United Kingdom
Well that was a shambles. I had the pace to compete with @Fozzy12 & @Jelte but I got caught up trying to find a way past a slow moving @Lexie1993Maxie and @Lacsap-Yoon. I didn’t intend to go down the inside but the speed caught me out and I was glad only I spun and you carried out @Lacsap-Yoon. I got away with it! No damage at all. Recovered back to the track quickly and noticed @JamesMary closing in so I stayed as far left as I could and he just drove straight into the back of me. 100% damage at the rear. Entered the pits and my crew didn’t repair so I had to do a full lap with the damage. Then it rained so went to wets. I came out 3:15 down to the leader I think and through the rain clawed back to a P8 and 2:45 down to the leader. I wasn’t going to climb and higher and went for the fastest lap before binning it and having to pit. Then rather embarrassingly hit the pit wall and wedged myself so had to retire.

My race ruined at 9:00

@Fozzy12 - a little present for you on your big win!
Thanks for that little gift pal! It was a steady last lap
Looked at your collision, caught them guys mid corner with no where to go then got clouted in the back, very unlucky and bad driving from who smashed in to you! Feel for you bud.

Reactions: Scott Fell

GetMonnieNelson

Formula Karter
Apr 9, 2019
Arnhem, Nederland
First of all, sorry for f*cking up in the ‘first race’ really wasn’t my intention to make thing this bad.

Then the ‘real’ race, I hit the wall before turning into Eau Rouge which didn’t make things easier. Unfortunately @Fozzy12 crashed into me and I lost my rear wing, so I had to pit in the first lap which gave me a huge gap between the rest of the field. After that I just decided to keep my head down and drive the best I can, and I think I did. Had a great pitstop strategy and I was clocking in steady ‘33s in the wet.

The third stint also went really well, constantly driving personal best laps and managing to get into P7. In the last laps of the race I even got sight on @Lacsap-Yoon and @Fruitshoot14 who were having a close battle. Then I saw @Lacsap-Yoon spin and I even climbed up to P6. Unfortunately my tank was pretty empty in the last lap, so I couldn’t get trough the last lap without lifting and coasting.

So to sum things up, really sad to bump into the wall in the first lap. I feel like I robbed myself of a decent result, but after what happened I’m really happy to end up in P6.

And the stream that everyone will talk about years to come is over here:

JamesMary

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 25, 2020
USA
So sorry Scott, I crashed just before and had suspension damage, I was adjusting my pit settings and wasn’t looking forward at the time of the crash, I was surprised when I hit you.

• Sad
Reactions: Scott Fell

Michel--NL

Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Planet AOR
First of all, sorry for f*cking up in the ‘first race’ really wasn’t my intention to make thing this bad.

Then the ‘real’ race, I hit the wall before turning into Eau Rouge which didn’t make things easier. Unfortunately @Fozzy12 crashed into me and I lost my rear wing, so I had to pit in the first lap which gave me a huge gap between the rest of the field. After that I just decided to keep my head down and drive the best I can, and I think I did. Had a great pitstop strategy and I was clocking in steady ‘33s in the wet.

The third stint also went really well, constantly driving personal best laps and managing to get into P7. In the last laps of the race I even got sight on @Lacsap-Yoon and @Fruitshoot14 who were having a close battle. Then I saw @Lacsap-Yoon spin and I even climbed up to P6. Unfortunately my tank was pretty empty in the last lap, so I couldn’t get trough the last lap without lifting and coasting.

So to sum things up, really sad to bump into the wall in the first lap. I feel like I robbed myself of a decent result, but after what happened I’m really happy to end up in P6.

And the stream that everyone will talk about years to come is over here:

Apologies accepted (y)
Ouch that's a hard tough with the wall, we talked about the wall of dead in the psn chat :whistle:

Reactions: GetMonnieNelson

ScottyMac

Pro Karter
Jul 20, 2020
North West
This racing lark is an emotional rollercoaster!

The first half of the race went well for me. Without anything dramatic I managed to find myself in second and throughout the wet stint I was steadily catching @Jelte, getting to within about 5 seconds of him before everything changed...

My game starting glitching... first the sound started to drop out so had to drive for a bit in silence (which if anyone has tried, is really hard!), then the screen starting stuttering... like it would freeze frames for a fraction of a second. This was fine on a straight but, when entering or midway through corners, I would suddenly find myself in situations I didn't know where happening until it was too late. So that's when the spins started. Every one of them gave me significant damage meaning a slow return to the pits. I tried to stay off the track completely when going back to the pits since I felt I was so out of control but there was one time when I glitched onto the last chicane and found myself in front of someone (I think it was @Fozzy12) so apologies if any damage was done... I was blissfully aiming straight at the pit entrance, then appeared to the left, half on a kerb and sliding sideways. Eventually I finished 9th or 10th.

I don't want to quit the league as there will be hardly any cars left but this game seems to be determined to rob me of decent finishes. Only 2 rounds left.

Just looked at the standings... what does "DSC" mean in the result??

Jelte

AOR PS4 GT3 S16 T2 Champion
Apr 18, 2020
Netherlands
Congrats again @Fozzy12,

im happy with my result. I hit the kerb coming out of the chicane after camel straight, the one puling u into the gravel/grass. Lost 2 seconds. In the same lap i hit the puddle on the inside coming onto the straight before start finish, spun. And there was @Fozzy12. Couldnt get my pace to work last stint...

but still, from second last to second place. Very nice For me.

Fozzy12

Formula Karter
Jun 6, 2020
United Kingdom
Well that was an eventful race when we eventually got going. I’ll just remember if you want a restart, say you forgot to put your stream on @GetMonnieNelson. When the race did get going Nelson decided to drive into the wall of death, even tho there was warnings all week! Haha.
Got minor damage but had to pit! Then the real race started and wanted to see if I could catch @Jelte and the leaders. The rain started and pitted on the ideal lap and was pushing real hard and getting low 31’s slowly catching @Jelte. Had some minor contact with @Lacsap-Yoon trying to catch up. Somehow was super fast in the dry and managed to catch deadly and take the win!
Soooo happy to get my first win, didn’t come easy though!
Feel bad for @Scott Fell as he missed out on good points. Going to be a tough battle for the championship!

Jelte

AOR PS4 GT3 S16 T2 Champion
Apr 18, 2020
Netherlands
Well that was an eventful race when we eventually got going. I’ll just remember if you want a restart, say you forgot to put your stream on @GetMonnieNelson. When the race did get going Nelson decided to drive into the wall of death, even tho there was warnings all week! Haha.
Got minor damage but had to pit! Then the real race started and wanted to see if I could catch @Jelte and the leaders. The rain started and pitted on the ideal lap and was pushing real hard and getting low 31’s slowly catching @Jelte. Had some minor contact with @Lacsap-Yoon trying to catch up. Somehow was super fast in the dry and managed to catch deadly and take the win!
Soooo happy to get my first win, didn’t come easy though!
Feel bad for @Scott Fell as he missed out on good points. Going to be a tough battle for the championship!
U can finally speak now! Now you won. Let me take the Championship ;)

Reactions: Fozzy12

Michel--NL

Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Planet AOR
Just looked at the standings... what does "DSC" mean in the result??
You quit the session before the race was over. In the results you are not listed, so a DSC (disconnected) for me.
As I don't have a picture on where you have finished I can't place you, or someone must say yes he was in front of me.

1601548087554.png