PS4 - AOR GT3 S16 - PS4 Tier 2 - Zolder - 16.09.20 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S16 - PS4 Tier 2 - Zolder - 16.09.20 @8PM UK Time

Pedro Pianna

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 24, 2020
Zolder ended up going fairly well for me.

Before I give my event rundown, I'd like to apologise to @Lexie1993Maxie for an incident on lap 9 of the feature race... I'd gone off track whilst trying to clear a time penalty and wasn't paying attention to my braking into the hairpin. As the car spun round I'd given it a bit of gas to prevent going into the barriers, then it slowly started moving forwards... my intention was to keep left off the track and let the few cars past but, for some reason, it slewed right quite violently and I got in the way of @Lexie1993Maxie and may have taken him off track accidentally. I had no intention of leaping back on track and I've got no clue why it shot right when I was steering left!? I then made sure I'd let all of that group past before the last chicane. I don't think I affected your race too much but again, I apologise, even if it just gave you a scare!

Sprint race:

Got a cracking start off the line and managed to get into 3rd I think, but going through the first set of right-handers it was clear I was experiencing the dreaded 'wrong car syndrome' as I had none of the expected level of grip. Spun off and I think I found myself in 10th or 11th behind @Fruitshoot14. I was initially annoyed but, to be honest, I think it worked out well for me... I spent the rest of the race battling with @Fruitshoot14 and enjoyed every minute of it. I managed to get alongside a couple of times but he wasn't having any of it - hard but fair, and a hell of a lot of fun!

Feature race:

Not too bad a start for me... car felt 'right' this time and I settled into 5th behind @Lexie1993Maxie for a lap. @1664stan had a problem at the chicane so was up to 4th then managed to get past @Lexie1993Maxie at corner 2 to find myself in 3rd behind @Fozzy12. The first corner of lap 4 saw @Lexie1993Maxie get past on the inside but I managed to keep momentum and got back past at corner 2. I then settled into a rhythm behind @Fozzy12 until lap 9 when I made the mistake mentioned at the top of post. From lap 9 to 15 I watched @Lexie1993Maxie and @Pedro Pianna battle and managed to get alongside @Lexie1993Maxie going over the top of the hill coming out of the first chicane... I was squeezed onto the grass so had to back out of it but managed to out-brake @Lexie1993Maxie into the hairpin. The next time through the 1st corner, @Lacsap-Yoon and someone else(?) were in the middle of an incident and I managed to miss the Porsche by about an inch... a butt clenching moment! This gifted me 3rd place which I held for a couple more laps before I out-braked myself into the hairpin and allowed @GetMonnieNelson to get through. Our pace was very similar so we were together for the remainder of the race. On lap 23 as I round the 1st corner I see what looks like @Fozzy12 doing doughnuts for the crowd :ROFLMAO: so as I pass I'm re-gifted 3rd place. On lap 25 it looks like @Jelte has had a problem and @GetMonnieNelson and I catch up and it's all getting very close. I can see @Pedro Pianna catching me as well so there's no room for mistakes. At the start of the last lap, @Pedro Pianna has got a good run on me over the start line and dives past into the 1st corner but runs wide so I get a bit of breathing room behind for the rest of the last lap, so I can relax a bit and watch @Jelte and @GetMonnieNelson battling. They get alongside each other coming out of the first chicane and I just get a glimpse of some contact going over the hill, and as I come over behind, they are both sliding across the track... I slip past into first place and immediately misjudge my speed into the next chicane and have to run over the gravel losing a fair bit of time... this prompts the game to threaten another time penalty which I can't afford with @Pedro Pianna so close behind, so I go as slow as I dare into the last hairpin to clear the penalty. I survive the last chicane to win by little more than 1.5 seconds. Phew.

vids:

Sprint...

Feature...

That race was intense. Congrats for the win

Reactions: ScottyMac

Meester_Bond_WHG

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 20, 2018
Apologies bro, me and Deadly had some contact in that chicane which caused me to spin. Looked on my map to see if it was clear and thought I had enough time to rejoin , by time I realised it was too late i re entered the track. Ruined your race, so don’t mind starting from the back at next race if that makes you feel better.
The apology is appreciated bud, but charging back on track at such a severe angle is reckless. If you thought it might be close then why not drive along the edge of the track til you're up to speed to keep out of potential danger?

The offer to start at the back is reasonable but it doesn't change the fact that my race was ruined again. I want clean, fair racing - not apologies after another wasted week.

Sorry for the less than forgiving attitude, but I've had one clean week so far. Not once were any of the incidents this season anything to do with me. Not once have I knocked anybody off in a race (1664Stan excepted who braked so early I ran into the back of him at Bathurst with no way to avoid him). I'm no expert, just a very average amateur racer, so if I can manage it, anyone can. Boils down to basic consideration which seems to be in low supply. Replaced instead by a 'win at all costs and to hell with anyone else' approach.

Still debating whether I can be bothered to protest. But in the mean time here's my vid:

Reactions: Fozzy12

Lacsap-Yoon

Formula Karter
May 27, 2020
Oke my Race at Zolder

Sprint Race:
I had a good start and was able to attack @bigjeff1982_ but thought it was too risky so I backed off. After that I had a nice battle with @Fozzy12 but due to understeer in turn 1 I had to let him go but after that I could only keep up and not attack anymore. On lap 5 in turn 2 my rear suddenly slipped and spun and fell back from P5 to P8. In the end I finished on P5 due to mistakes made by others.

Feature Race:
Started on P10 and after one lap and one corner already on P5 then a nice battle started between me, @Fozzy12, @ScottyMac and @Lexie1993Maxie, but in the 2nd chicane things went wrong @Meester_Bond_WHG started to interfere with the fight and we had contact that made him spin (I get back to this later) and I lost the connection and eventually lost a spot in the chicane to @RaceMechNick. On lap 9, @ScottyMac and @Lexie1993Maxie collided (in my opinion through a mistake by @ScottyMac) and I won 2 places and was in P3. In the meantime I was slowly catching up on @Fozzy12 where I found the connection in lap 13, in turn 3 @RoemerS made a mistake and pinned so I drove P2 and then had a nice battle with @Fozzy12 I was faster but could not put him anywhere for a overtake. On lap 15 I was so close that I wanted to give it a try in the 2nd chicane but decided not to do it anyway so I almost hit him and had to give an extra tap on my brake and @Jelte had the connection and overtook me in the 3rd chicane. And then it came... lap 16 turn 1, I think due to downforce loss my rear started to slide and I spun @Pedro Pianna couldn't avoid me anymore and hit me. Now I stood exactly on the racing line and thought when will the big blow come but it never came! Well done guys avoiding me! Dropped back to P7 by the spin. I thought just finish and scoring points because I was considerably behind because of that spin, but on the last lap something had happened in the 2nd chicane and @GetMonnieNelson was there with a lot of damage, I still passed him for P6 but was referred back to P7 by time penalties.

All in all, due to 2 stupid mistakes, 2 potential podium places were wasted.

Incident with @Meester_Bond_WHG
In my opinion you are wrong here, I was indeed a bit slower in the 2nd chicane because I was fighting the 3 cars in front of me. They went slower through the chicane so that you saw a gap with more speed but actually just put it in between (can be seen in the video) so that we have contact then we steer in together and I notice that we are against each other again and immediately released my throttle so as not to push you off (feature race 5: 58min) but because I did not accelerate and you sent in, you are spun in my opinion. because I thought you put it a bit hard in the first instance and I did everything I could not to crash together (except to really put on the brakes because there were several cars behind us) I made the choice not to wait.

Obviously it is NOT my intention to cause a crash or anything like that. I like fair and clean racing with a little paint exchange every now and then. I hope you understand my opinion and if it is up to me on to the next race and battle

Sprint Race

Feature Race

ScottyMac

Pro Karter
Jul 20, 2020
Oke my Race at Zolder

Sprint Race:
I had a good start and was able to attack @bigjeff1982_ but thought it was too risky so I backed off. After that I had a nice battle with @Fozzy12 but due to understeer in turn 1 I had to let him go but after that I could only keep up and not attack anymore. On lap 5 in turn 2 my rear suddenly slipped and spun and fell back from P5 to P8. In the end I finished on P5 due to mistakes made by others.

Feature Race:
Started on P10 and after one lap and one corner already on P5 then a nice battle started between me, @Fozzy12, @ScottyMac and @Lexie1993Maxie, but in the 2nd chicane things went wrong @Meester_Bond_WHG started to interfere with the fight and we had contact that made him spin (I get back to this later) and I lost the connection and eventually lost a spot in the chicane to @RaceMechNick. On lap 9, @ScottyMac and @Lexie1993Maxie collided (in my opinion through a mistake by @ScottyMac) and I won 2 places and was in P3. In the meantime I was slowly catching up on @Fozzy12 where I found the connection in lap 13, in turn 3 @RoemerS made a mistake and pinned so I drove P2 and then had a nice battle with @Fozzy12 I was faster but could not put him anywhere for a overtake. On lap 15 I was so close that I wanted to give it a try in the 2nd chicane but decided not to do it anyway so I almost hit him and had to give an extra tap on my brake and @Jelte had the connection and overtook me in the 3rd chicane. And then it came... lap 16 turn 1, I think due to downforce loss my rear started to slide and I spun @Pedro Pianna couldn't avoid me anymore and hit me. Now I stood exactly on the racing line and thought when will the big blow come but it never came! Well done guys avoiding me! Dropped back to P7 by the spin. I thought just finish and scoring points because I was considerably behind because of that spin, but on the last lap something had happened in the 2nd chicane and @GetMonnieNelson was there with a lot of damage, I still passed him for P6 but was referred back to P7 by time penalties.

All in all, due to 2 stupid mistakes, 2 potential podium places were wasted.

In my opinion you are wrong here, I was indeed a bit slower in the 2nd chicane because I was fighting the 3 cars in front of me. They went slower through the chicane so that you saw a gap with more speed but actually just put it in between (can be seen in the video) so that we have contact then we steer in together and I notice that we are against each other again and immediately released my throttle so as not to push you off (feature race 5: 58min) but because I did not accelerate and you sent in, you are spun in my opinion. because I thought you put it a bit hard in the first instance and I did everything I could not to crash together (except to really put on the brakes because there were several cars behind us) I made the choice not to wait.

Obviously it is NOT my intention to cause a crash or anything like that. I like fair and clean racing with a little paint exchange every now and then. I hope you understand my opinion and if it is up to me on to the next race and battle

Sprint Race

Feature Race

Haha... I love that shot in the feature race (lap 16) of my car coming straight at you through the smoke... it was a very near miss!

I did apologise to @Lexie1993Maxie for the lap 9 incident... totally my fault with a little help from dodgy game physics!

Meester_Bond_WHG

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 20, 2018
Hi @Lacsap-Yoon

Thanks for the vid - much appreciated. Could really do with your onboard footage as it's impossible to tell how much you can see of me as we come round the final corner. As I say, the paint trading is totally my fault. I saw you going slow and saw the gap and went for it. Hard but fair given that you'd left the door open and not defended the line.

Coming out of the left hand corner we're side by side as we accelerate, but then as we enter the next (right hand) bend I follow the turn but you drive straight on and into my right rear corner, spinning me round. It may have been that you couldn't see me but without on-board footage it looks like you drove into me intentionally out of frustration. It also sounds like you accelerate just at that point too but again it's hard to tell without seeing your accelerator graphic. Not saying any of this was actually intentional, but that is how it looks and how it felt at the time.

Could you post a vid showing the on-board view you had at the time please? If you couldn't see me and were just moving away from the edge of the track then I'm happy to let it go.

Lacsap-Yoon

Formula Karter
May 27, 2020
Hi @Lacsap-Yoon

Thanks for the vid - much appreciated. Could really do with your onboard footage as it's impossible to tell how much you can see of me as we come round the final corner. As I say, the paint trading is totally my fault. I saw you going slow and saw the gap and went for it. Hard but fair given that you'd left the door open and not defended the line.

Coming out of the left hand corner we're side by side as we accelerate, but then as we enter the next (right hand) bend I follow the turn but you drive straight on and into my right rear corner, spinning me round. It may have been that you couldn't see me but without on-board footage it looks like you drove into me intentionally out of frustration. It also sounds like you accelerate just at that point too but again it's hard to tell without seeing your accelerator graphic. Not saying any of this was actually intentional, but that is how it looks and how it felt at the time.

Could you post a vid showing the on-board view you had at the time please? If you couldn't see me and were just moving away from the edge of the track then I'm happy to let it go.
This incident wasn't intentional anyway, a little bit touching is just part of racing. I'm not into revenge, as I said I like fair and clean racing and revenge is not one of them.
If we take the right turn together, you will indeed see your car, but I did not realize that at that time and I just turnt in and when I felt the contact I turnt more and let the throttle go as you can see.

Hope the footage is enough.

5:55min

Fozzy12

Formula Karter
Jun 6, 2020
The apology is appreciated bud, but charging back on track at such a severe angle is reckless. If you thought it might be close then why not drive along the edge of the track til you're up to speed to keep out of potential danger?

The offer to start at the back is reasonable but it doesn't change the fact that my race was ruined again. I want clean, fair racing - not apologies after another wasted week.

Sorry for the less than forgiving attitude, but I've had one clean week so far. Not once were any of the incidents this season anything to do with me. Not once have I knocked anybody off in a race (1664Stan excepted who braked so early I ran into the back of him at Bathurst with no way to avoid him). I'm no expert, just a very average amateur racer, so if I can manage it, anyone can. Boils down to basic consideration which seems to be in low supply. Replaced instead by a 'win at all costs and to hell with anyone else' approach.

Still debating whether I can be bothered to protest. But in the mean time here's my vid:

Looked at the footage, Spun my car round to get straight but it spun too much and I’ve entered the track at a dangerous spot. An apology doesn’t make up for it. In the future will stay off track until it’s totally clear to avoid any more carnage

Reactions: Lexie1993Maxie