AOR GT3 S9 PC Semi-Pro Round 1: Circuit of the Americas - 28.02.18 @8pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 S9 PC Semi-Pro Round 1: Circuit of the Americas - 28.02.18 @8pm

ahojekk

Formula 3 1st Driver
Oct 18, 2015
Maybe Im gonna finally do some practice laps today, have had a fever with quite high temperature over the weekend, finally dropped to somewhere around 37 and starting to feel muscles again :meh: hopefully I can make i to the race

Hetharion

S3 AOR PC Endurance GTE Tier 2 Champion
Oct 12, 2016
Sorry lads, I won't be able to race tonight. Work-related stuff for my wife leaves me home alone tonight. I hope a reserve can fill in..

• Informative
Reactions: Clank24401

MattDarvs

PS4 GT3 S9 Semi-AM Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Hey!

Just signed up to AOR and just wondering how can I sign up for tonight's' race?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Clank24401

AOR PC GT3 Am S8 Champion
Oct 31, 2017
IMPORTANT

This is pretty embarrassing to be honest, my Windows has decided to update without asking me. It's taking ages and I will not be able to host the lobby tonight.

I need someone else to host the lobby and screenshot all of the qualifying and race results.

Pinhead Spiky

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 23, 2017
This is getting ridiculous. For the second time in a row, my car felt completely different to the point where it's undrivable and not suitable enough for me to race. By not suitable, I mean my car can't even turn correctly, I got past by another car EASILY before even reaching the halfway point of a straight, my force feedback is bizarrely stronger and more clunkier than when I tested on the track. Whether it's the setup that got mysteriously changed or something else, I don't even know. But I only experienced this in an AOR race and not in any other. That said I'm starting to wonder if this is due to my ping in America or the game just plain ol' like to play stupid tricks on me...

Corne

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 14, 2017
Hey Ho. First race went great. Besides all lobby issues the game, not for the first time, decided that racing horizontal isn't the best way to do it. So, from 24 minutes you can see the results.

Last edited:

Ulti

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 5, 2016
Sorry I also didnt show. Decided to take a nap and turns out my phone's reminder coulsnt wake me up. So pissed:mad:

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
So I didn't know we where racing public lobbies?

Gotta be some of the worst racing I have seen in a long time and tbh I didn't think such bad racing existed on AOR, but you sometimes you get surprised..

• Agree
Reactions: ahojekk

ahojekk

Formula 3 1st Driver
Oct 18, 2015

Gotta be some of the worst racing I have seen in a long time and tbh I didn't think such bad racing existed on AOR, but you sometimes you get surprised..
100% true, pub racing at its best.

Clank24401

AOR PC GT3 Am S8 Champion
Oct 31, 2017

100% true, pub racing at its best.
If you have a problem with someone's driving please do make a stewards enquiry. It's helpful for everyone as we can all learn from our mistakes :)

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
If you have a problem with someone's driving please do make a stewards enquiry. It's helpful for everyone as we can all learn from our mistakes :)
I encourage everyone to do it, but tbh I can't really be bothered when the driving standards was this low. :/

PoL

Pro Karter
Feb 19, 2018
This is getting ridiculous. For the second time in a row, my car felt completely different to the point where it's undrivable and not suitable enough for me to race. By not suitable, I mean my car can't even turn correctly, I got past by another car EASILY before even reaching the halfway point of a straight, my force feedback is bizarrely stronger and more clunkier than when I tested on the track. Whether it's the setup that got mysteriously changed or something else, I don't even know. But I only experienced this in an AOR race and not in any other. That said I'm starting to wonder if this is due to my ping in America or the game just plain ol' like to play stupid tricks on me...
Yep same here basically - I blame it on the time of day for the race :p

Last night's round I started in 22nd and finished in 18th - I had hard tyres and a terrible setup with standard power ramp and too much wing. Putting me 2-3 seconds off the pace. Once I turned TC off and switched to soft tyres (10 mins left of race) I started catching up in lap time but had already been lapped because of the lost time.

Of course the 5 times I spun the car around like Kylie Monogue on her first track did not help the cause - Sorry to anyone I collected while performing my spins in T12 and T15. Good race and WP to podium winners GR!

Newy656

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Premium Member
May 18, 2015
Started from P2, Knew it was gonna be a tricky choice of which tyres to pick but I did most testing with the softs so decided to use them for the race,

Took it reasonably steady in the first part of the race as not to overheat the tyres but at around half distance I spun it & lost 2nd place to @Fistopheles, but several laps later he went a little deep into T1 which allowed me back past but Fistopheles kept me on my toes for the rest of the race.

Sounds like it wasn't fun in the middle of the pack, hopefully things will improve for the rest of the season

Congrats to @fireflaai on the win.

• Happy
Reactions: fireflaai

tpmasta

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 11, 2018
Very bad race for me... Qualified at P3, so my pace is good I think, but just couldn't find a nice setup for this track. Spun in T1 in the 3rd lap or so and ended up at P23, but had some aero and suspension damage. So my pace after that was not good anymore, but could climb up to P15, then lost it again and hit the wall, had to pit. My pitstrat was messed up, so they changed for softs. From that on my race was over, just wanted to get the 1 point for P20.^^
@Clank24401 if you need the results of the qualifying, i can send you them.
Big thanks for @Masesox for hosting the lobby and also restarting it a couple of times.
From my point of view, the race was pretty clear, some more aggressive drivers maybe, but nothing for the stewards panel. But I also didn't looked in the replay yet.

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
I had the same feelings with car like my team mate @SpikyCactus and it was really annoying. Struggled all the time with car which was WAY different then it should be.
Grip was awful! It was happening to me all the time at Pcars1 and last night nightmare appeared again. I have prepared my setup with my private lobby....don't know what could be the reason. I am also on endurance league and first race was ok, no this kind of problem, at least not much like this one. We shall se Le Mans tonight at rain!
Somehow, I managed to get near to 6th place, started 17th or 18th cannot recall, did a few spins because of issue with the car....and finished 9th after accident at last lap. Will se what stewards will say about it.
Maybe we need a better host?! Anyway thanks to @Masesox for its effort. Hope to much better and normal feel of the car at Dubai!!!

eaZed neptune

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jun 22, 2016
what a start to the season !!! i feel like i raced half the grid last night and man you guys are fast :stig:.qualy p7 finished p8 after a potatoe moment by myself spun in the last turn on lap 2 so decided to admire the pit lane for a bit as everyone passed me which dropped me back to p19 ...then lost another to p20.from then on was playing catch up:cry:.i was sweating like a pig all race trying to defend or catch you guys and was one of the most intense races ive had in a long time.sorry to hear about the guys who had contact and hope you guys have a good one next time out.
as for my race i think everyone around me was pretty well behaved and respectful who i raced against and gave room when needed
a couple of moments by me though when i rubbed doors with people .i was really trying to listen to crewchief but last night was so hectic i missed a car to my left twice and and had minor contact.i think it was you @Masesox .really sorry m8 it was never intentional and always try to give room at all times when a cars near me and to anyone else i touched my bad .also thanks for being stand in coordinator and whoever helped reading out the grid on the restart (y)
i nearly [email protected] myself a couple of times avoiding spinning or rejoining cars:rofl:
too many people to list but i remember a few @HFO @KarnageUK @Masesox @PoL @chasegaminguk @Midweekcoma .there was always someone infront or behind me.
thanks guys for an action packed S9 first race.really happy with a top 10 wasnt expecting it:joyful:
and last but not least congrats to the winners(y)
race pov coming later

• Happy
Reactions: HFO and areqq

areqq

GP2 Test Driver
Sep 22, 2016
So, P15 on quali and finally P15 in race. Quali was not perfect due to I crashed in first attempt. I'm not good in it at all so was happy when jumped from P20 to P15 on last lap (and done personal best ;).
Race start was not good for me due to a little bit too slow pace on formation lap and my tyres has around 50 degrees (not much room to heat them + waiting to rebuild quali order after restart). This was the problem on esses on first lap when I lost my rear and crashed into the wall. I'm very sorry that it took another dirver with me :(. I had back to pits for repairs. The rest of the race can be described in one word: digging. Finally I finished on P15 so it is under expectations but in points. Hope to have more luck next week :)

Congrats to winners and to @Masesox to instant action with replacing the cood in his duties.

Fistopheles

Pro Karter
Feb 16, 2018
I reckon I shouldn't be one to complain but I had P2 in qualy before I dc'd and didn't get another lap at that pace in, salvaged it to a P9 slot though. Went into the race with my strategy in mind but I got stuck behind @Balemachine for a few laps where I had to push the tires to keep him on the edge, which in turn made the tires really unstable towards the end before bouncing back on the last 2 laps, where I then set my fastest laps of the race. But all in all I can't complain, finished in P3 due to my own mistakes. P2 could've been in there but I just wanted too much from the car when it had nothing to give.
Congrats to @fireflaai and @Newy656 for P1 and P2 respectively.