AOR GT3 S9 PC Semi-Pro Round 1: Circuit of the Americas - 28.02.18 @8pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 S9 PC Semi-Pro Round 1: Circuit of the Americas - 28.02.18 @8pm

Cravgar

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 1, 2018
well, the T1 incident was a bit unfortunate, the guys at the back do need to try and be more careful, there was no need for it to happen but the Audi driver (forgotten name) did basically slam on the brakes and come to a stop.

Again we see some people are fast but not consistent, which is good as far as i am concerned as it mixes things up and keeps the pressure on everybody.

@Smolda , great race! we were within a few seconds of each other the whole way! pos 3-10 were all really close i think and its good to see there is going to be some competition up front. I'm yet to be convinced we are all in the correct league but the next few races will tell us more.

All i ask is that people really think about the dive bombing and lap 1 incidents, Its really not worth risking ruining peoples races, we're all putting a significant amount of effort in to have the best race we can so lets start to be more considerate.

Clank24401

AOR PC GT3 Am S8 Champion
Oct 31, 2017
Results and Standings are up!

I'm so annoyed about not being able to participate last night, thanks @Masesox for saving the day :D

Looks like we've got a really close field this season, should be plenty of great racing, just remember to be cautious. There were some incidents last night but I didn't see anything particularly dangerous. Just be aware of other cars and don't try anything too risky, especially not on the first lap!

Overall good stuff and I'm looking forward to Dubai!

Smolda

AOR PC Endurance League S4 GTE Champion
Oct 23, 2017
@Smolda , great race! we were within a few seconds of each other the whole way! pos 3-10 were all really close i think and its good to see there is going to be some competition up front.
Yeah, I guess we've had a similar pace, lucky for me you spun at the end of the race leaving P4 for me :)
The whole race was a big surprise for me. Temperatures were way lower, than I expected, but I somehow managed to qualify P4, beating my own personal best by roughly a SECOND :-D
Then after formation lap my tyres were cold and it was like driving on ice (I was on hard tyres). After 4-5 laps it was a little better, but still not as good as I expected. Did only 1 major mistake spinning at turn 15, which cost me a few places. Due to everyone else spinning I ended up P4, still can't believe that :-D
I knew my pace is bad, so my only chance is to stay consistent and clean. It worked out I guess :)

Reactions: Masesox

Masesox

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 19, 2016
what a start to the season !!! i feel like i raced half the grid last night and man you guys are fast :stig:.qualy p7 finished p8 after a potatoe moment by myself spun in the last turn on lap 2 so decided to admire the pit lane for a bit as everyone passed me which dropped me back to p19 ...then lost another to p20.from then on was playing catch up:cry:.i was sweating like a pig all race trying to defend or catch you guys and was one of the most intense races ive had in a long time.sorry to hear about the guys who had contact and hope you guys have a good one next time out.
as for my race i think everyone around me was pretty well behaved and respectful who i raced against and gave room when needed
a couple of moments by me though when i rubbed doors with people .i was really trying to listen to crewchief but last night was so hectic i missed a car to my left twice and and had minor contact.i think it was you @Masesox .really sorry m8 it was never intentional and always try to give room at all times when a cars near me and to anyone else i touched my bad .also thanks for being stand in coordinator and whoever helped reading out the grid on the restart (y)
i nearly [email protected] myself a couple of times avoiding spinning or rejoining cars:rofl:
too many people to list but i remember a few @HFO @KarnageUK @Masesox @PoL @chasegaminguk @Midweekcoma .there was always someone infront or behind me.
thanks guys for an action packed S9 first race.really happy with a top 10 wasnt expecting it:joyful:
and last but not least congrats to the winners(y)
race pov coming later
What racing i had was realy fun. No probs on the contact i was all over the place with the lack of hud and tyres of ice. May it continue

Reactions: eaZed neptune

KarnageUK

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 3, 2018
Thanks for the race all had a good start on T1 going through the S's trying to not hit any one and then spinning on the curb think I might have knock into someone so sorry about that and having hards was a bad choice should have been on softs and I would have stayed in the pack

Thanks again all see you for the next one

Reactions: Clank24401

chasegaminguk

Formula Karter
Dec 24, 2017
Can’t say I saw any ‘public lobby’ racing as some have suggested maybe I was guilty of it without knowing? I’ll leep an eye on the stewards thread, from my perspective some good close racing would have been on for a top ten spot had it not been for shredded tyres and front aero damage, looking forward to Dubai now!

fireflaai

PC GT3 S9 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 11, 2018
Thanks for the race all had a good start on T1 going through the S's trying to not hit any one and then spinning on the curb think I might have knock into someone so sorry about that and having hards was a bad choice should have been on softs and I would have stayed in the pack

Thanks again all see you for the next one
I think softs would have degraded too much to last the entire race, so don't beat yourself up over not choosing them. My softs would have overheated for sure, as they did in my 3rd lap of qualifying.

Reactions: KarnageUK

Pinhead Spiky

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 23, 2017
@Clank24401 @D.Brezancic

My apologies for being so late on this post (slipped out of my mind) but I won't be able to race today's round as I have other things getting in the way at this point. I'll try my best to make the next round (though I can't guarantee I'll be there).

• Informative
Reactions: D.Brezancic