AOR GT3 S9 PC Semi-Pro Round 10: Fuji - 2.5.18 @8pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 S9 PC Semi-Pro Round 10: Fuji - 2.5.18 @8pm

PoL

Pro Karter
Feb 19, 2018
What lap times are you guys doing?

I've only done 2 laps and got lost on both attempts :lol:
I joined a practice race on monday with some AOR gents and the fastest time was 1.39's forguys like @AndrexUK and Co. Of course I was running a most comfortable 1.41 I even snuck in the occassional 1.42 just for the heck of it.

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
id be up for that too ...just a heads up chaps i found this lurking on my system just now • Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 ?:unsure: seems like a big 1 its been goin like 15 minutes allready?.and not sure how long its been there but wasnt there a few days ago as i checked. im gonna do it now so theres no funny buisness later in race...my nvidia updates are off ..so hopefully no stuttering/minimising tonight ??? i hate raceday updates:lol:

edit: it took 1hr 30 minutes to update.april update in may?..looks like i missed it somehow:facepalm:
I had the good idea to update my windows too but before reading your post... It's slow as ****...

eaZed neptune

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jun 22, 2016
that was a fun race me and @D.Brezancic tried to recreate baku:lol: had some awesome racing ..sorry about the bomb m8 i stepped on the gas to overshoot as i thought was gonna hit you earlier in race :rofl:
need to watch replay cant remember what else happened but thanks all for an awesome season and congrats to the winners(y)
and thanks @Clank24401 for coordinating(y)

Smolda

AOR PC Endurance League S4 GTE Champion
Oct 23, 2017
My worst performance in this season :-D I spun 3 times, car was sliding all over the place and I lost confidence after that. Sorry @D.Brezancic for that tap at turn 1, you were sliding and I thought I'll manage to pass you at full speed, that was a stupid idea ... gave me 5% front damage. Despite all that it was a fun race :)
Thanks for this season guys, congrats to @Newy656 and @fireflaai , thanks to @Clank24401 for organising and I hope I'll see you all next season :)

Smolda

Oct 23, 2017
Lol, I just watched part of your stream @fireflaai , I burst out laughing when you said "Smolda's probably shitting himself right now" :D
1) Yes, I was shitting myself when I saw you in my mirror :D When someone's right behind me, I tend to do silly mistakes, as you saw :D
2) Lambo is actually pretty good, with a skilled driver I think it could be competitive :) It does suffer on high altitude tracks of course, like Fuji, but it's not that bad imo, I'm thinking about Renault for next season, since it's turbocharged (if I'm not mistaken)
3) I didn't like the music in your stream :p

Newy656

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Premium Member
May 18, 2015
Well what an end to a great season.....going into T1 on lap 1 I got hit & spun (think by a fast approaching red ferrari) That put me in last place so I thought ok just plod round & don't spin

Then there was a huge pile up in the chicane which gained me 5 places, now upto 7th, then saw @Smolda spin, by now I was close to the battling audi & Porsche of @D.Brezancic & @Corne which was fun to watch from behind... Until I spun & lost couple of places..

By lap 18 I got close to @eaZed neptune but a couple of laps later he went a little wide into T1 allowing me through but the most exciting part was the last 15 mins with @Corne, putting the pressure on with some close battling, but was unable to get past & not wanting to risk any silly moves & spoil the fun..... That was until the final corner of the final lap when he took too much kirb & got a little out of shape allowing me to get side by side heading for the finish line, I possibly could of just edged in front but after such fun I thought let's finish in true "Schumacher - Barrichello" Style & cross the line together... Great racing mate.:)........ (not bad for two guys with the combined age of a 100!)

Big congrats to @Midweekcoma for the win, nice job mate.

@Smolda shame your race didn't go to plan, has been very close with us in the championship this season
& well done again @fireflaai (even with your setup... Yes I see your pic :) )

Thanks to @Clank24401 for doing a great job with the running of our tier(y)

Here's the last 10 mins of my pov racing @Corne

Last edited:

fireflaai

PC GT3 S9 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 11, 2018
I wrote this somewhere else but I thought it was fitting to post it here now.

When I joined this crew 2 months ago I first joined the tier 2 Ginetta cup, and I had a lot of fun races and close battles there. I was still pretty new to the game at the time. Because I had so much fun with those races I decided to join the GT3 league.

When I did my time trials, i thought they were ok. I'm not really a hotlapper and I get bored/tired/frustrated after grinding a single track aiming for the best laptime. So i submitted times that I though were decent. Also I didn't really have much experience with the car yet, apart from driving it on default setups in public lobbies. At the time I didn't even know about the engine radiator trick etc etc.

When the introduction race came, I had one of the worst races I've ever had. Apparently driving hard tires on a 17°C track is not a good idea :unsure::unsure:. My pace was terrible and I spun multiple times. I also got pushed off the track a few times by other drivers. At around half race distance, I drove into the gravel trap, closed the game and lied that my game crashed. I just didn't want to keep driving anymore. I was now actually considering not to join, but Stephan convinced me to try at least a few races.
I think this played a large factor into me being placed into semi-pro, on top of the fact that I'm new to the crew.

I prepared a lot for the first race at COTA. I learned the car, I found a good setup from time trial and adjusted this setup to my liking. Note that at this point I knew very minimal about setting up a car. I knew I had become quick, but I had no clue how I would compare to the rest. That qualifying session had my heart going 160+bpm.

During the season I learned a lot of new things, mainly how to setup the car. But don't be fooled. I still haven't got a single clue how to setup the suspension tab, the dampers, and the diff. It's mainly the first tab that I work on. As @Newy656 mentioned, my setup at fuji wasn't really amazing, but it worked :p.

Now onto the last race:
I was struggling during qualifying. My tires were melting and I set my fastest lap on 60C tires at 1.6bar. But I didn't mind because I knew overtaking is not an issue on this track. Start was ok, nearly got wiped out by an out of control red ferrari, who then rear ended @Newy656. Minor damage to my front. Then I was chasing @Smolda and I knew he was a very cautious driver, so I was planning to return that favour by being catious myself too. In the end it didnt't matter, because he spun off the track after a few laps. That's karma for him not liking my music I guess. Then I was in no-mans land again, with @Midweekcoma being way too fast in front.

I was considering slowing down to have some fun with @tpmasta , but that would be unfair so I didn't. near the end of the race, I spun (on accident I swear!) and I was actually quite happy because I could fight him now. But all of a sudden @tpmasta was so much faster I couldn't catch him!! Or maybe I became slower with my trashed tires :unsure:

Anyways, I think this post has become long enough. To end this post: here is the link to the thread where I posted the video: https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/recap-aor-gt3-season-9-semi-pro-my-favorite-things.33329/#post-556313

edit: Ah you know what, since this post isn't taking up enough space already, I'll just put the video here as well.

Last edited:

tpmasta

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 11, 2018
I will also say thank you again for this nice season. :D

As for the race, it was my best result so far, so im quite happy. Qualified P2 and managed to hold it in the first lap. But with that much fuel at first had to change my breaking points, so was P4 when i managed to find the right breaking. I was trying to push more then, but everytime i got closer to @fireflaai i made a little mistake and lost like 1 to 2 seconds. When he spun it, I got up to P2 and managed to make consistent low 40s so that @fireflaai couldnt catch me.
So this was more of a boring race for me, not really fighting going on for me, but i think my setup wouldnt be handling it very good.
So it was nice how it was and see you next season.

tp ;)

WhiteGhost2000

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 31, 2018
Lol, I just watched part of your stream @fireflaai , I burst out laughing when you said "Smolda's probably shitting himself right now" :D
1) Yes, I was shitting myself when I saw you in my mirror :D When someone's right behind me, I tend to do silly mistakes, as you saw :D
2) Lambo is actually pretty good, with a skilled driver I think it could be competitive :) It does suffer on high altitude tracks of course, like Fuji, but it's not that bad imo, I'm thinking about Renault for next season, since it's turbocharged (if I'm not mistaken)
3) I didn't like the music in your stream :p
How could you don’t like music. It looks like a payback. Music was fun. Whole steam was fun.

On serious note. Congratulations

WhiteGhost2000

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 31, 2018
I will also say thank you again for this nice season. :D

As for the race, it was my best result so far, so im quite happy. Qualified P2 and managed to hold it in the first lap. But with that much fuel at first had to change my breaking points, so was P4 when i managed to find the right breaking. I was trying to push more then, but everytime i got closer to @fireflaai i made a little mistake and lost like 1 to 2 seconds. When he spun it, I got up to P2 and managed to make consistent low 40s so that @fireflaai couldnt catch me.
So this was more of a boring race for me, not really fighting going on for me, but i think my setup wouldnt be handling it very good.
So it was nice how it was and see you next season.

tp ;)

@fireflaai had a bit of disturbance, was baby sitting Ghost

Congratulations it was great to see you with such great pace!!!!

Smolda

Oct 23, 2017
How could you don’t like music. It looks like a payback. Music was fun. Whole steam was fun.

On serious note. Congratulations
That was a joke of course, I meant no disrespect :) I have a weird taste in music. I bet you wouldn't like "my" music ... at all :D
Thanks! It's a shame you missed so many races, I think you were the only one capable of keeping up with Fireflaai ...

Clank24401

AOR PC GT3 Am S8 Champion
Oct 31, 2017
Results and Standings have been updated for the final time this season. Congrats again to @fireflaai for a dominant victory. Very close between @Newy656 and @Smolda for second place.

I'm quite disappointed with my performance to be honest, I missed too many races and made way too many mistakes. It can only get better next season! My favourite part of the season was probably the race at Zolder, the changing weather was tricky to get right and I had a great battle with @F4H MaR4uDer and @Cravgar in the rain. My best performance of the season was definitely Road America, I made no mistakes at all and had pretty good pace, I was going to finish a season best 6th position until Windows tabbed me out to my desktop and put me in the wall.

I've decided not to organise an epilogue race, as I feel like there would simply not be enough drivers to make it enjoyable.

Thanks to everyone for making this another great season and I hope to see you all next season! (Or in the Touring Car, which you should definitely go sign up to.)

PoL

Pro Karter
Feb 19, 2018
I wrote this somewhere else but I thought it was fitting to post it here now.

When I joined this crew 2 months ago I first joined the tier 2 Ginetta cup, and I had a lot of fun races and close battles there. I was still pretty new to the game at the time. Because I had so much fun with those races I decided to join the GT3 league.

When I did my time trials, i thought they were ok. I'm not really a hotlapper and I get bored/tired/frustrated after grinding a single track aiming for the best laptime. So i submitted times that I though were decent. Also I didn't really have much experience with the car yet, apart from driving it on default setups in public lobbies. At the time I didn't even know about the engine radiator trick etc etc.

When the introduction race came, I had one of the worst races I've ever had. Apparently driving hard tires on a 17°C track is not a good idea :unsure::unsure:. My pace was terrible and I spun multiple times. I also got pushed off the track a few times by other drivers. At around half race distance, I drove into the gravel trap, closed the game and lied that my game crashed. I just didn't want to keep driving anymore. I was now actually considering not to join, but Stephan convinced me to try at least a few races.
I think this played a large factor into me being placed into semi-pro, on top of the fact that I'm new to the crew.

I prepared a lot for the first race at COTA. I learned the car, I found a good setup from time trial and adjusted this setup to my liking. Note that at this point I knew very minimal about setting up a car. I knew I had become quick, but I had no clue how I would compare to the rest. That qualifying session had my heart going 160+bpm.

During the season I learned a lot of new things, mainly how to setup the car. But don't be fooled. I still haven't got a single clue how to setup the suspension tab, the dampers, and the diff. It's mainly the first tab that I work on. As @Newy656 mentioned, my setup at fuji wasn't really amazing, but it worked :p.

Now onto the last race:
I was struggling during qualifying. My tires were melting and I set my fastest lap on 60C tires at 1.6bar. But I didn't mind because I knew overtaking is not an issue on this track. Start was ok, nearly got wiped out by an out of control red ferrari, who then rear ended @Newy656. Minor damage to my front. Then I was chasing @Smolda and I knew he was a very cautious driver, so I was planning to return that favour by being catious myself too. In the end it didnt't matter, because he spun off the track after a few laps. That's karma for him not liking my music I guess. Then I was in no-mans land again, with @Midweekcoma being way too fast in front.

I was considering slowing down to have some fun with @tpmasta , but that would be unfair so I didn't. near the end of the race, I spun (on accident I swear!) and I was actually quite happy because I could fight him now. But all of a sudden @tpmasta was so much faster I couldn't catch him!! Or maybe I became slower with my trashed tires :unsure:

Anyways, I think this post has become long enough. To end this post: here is the link to the thread where I posted the video: https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/recap-aor-gt3-season-9-semi-pro-my-favorite-things.33329/#post-556313

edit: Ah you know what, since this post isn't taking up enough space already, I'll just put the video here as well.
HOLY WOW BALLS!! This is an epic video! @fireflaai do you do this for a living? @fireflaai you should get a spot in Elite just for having done this video... better than the PC2 intro video imo GREAT JOB and congrats on the season. I learned a lot in my first season and looking forward to S10!!

fireflaai

PC GT3 S9 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 11, 2018
HOLY WOW BALLS!! This is an epic video! @fireflaai do you do this for a living? @fireflaai you should get a spot in Elite just for having done this video... better than the PC2 intro video imo GREAT JOB and congrats on the season. I learned a lot in my first season and looking forward to S10!!
I just make videos for fun. Just some good footage and fitting music goes a long way.
I'm not 100% sure im going to join next season because im going to be busy with IRL stuff.

Reactions: HFO