AOR GT3 S9 PC Semi-Pro Round 2: Dubai International - 07.03.18 @8pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 S9 PC Semi-Pro Round 2: Dubai International - 07.03.18 @8pm

Clank24401

AOR PC GT3 Am S8 Champion
Oct 31, 2017

ROUND 2 - Dubai International

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 7 March 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 1 Hour

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 22 April 2018, 14:00
- Race start time: 22 April 2018, 15:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:

Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

eaZed neptune

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jun 22, 2016
tis very quiet in here:censored::unsure: ..where all these superfast supersecret lap times at?:rofl:
1.37s/ 38s here:( .i never really do TT as its not race conditions but theres some scary fast :stig: times in there:eek:

• Clever
Reactions: WhiteGhost2000

tpmasta

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 11, 2018
I think the race will be very close this time, because there are not as many problems with the tires compared to COTA. Racepace will probably be high 37/38 for the guys up front. Also there are a lot of overtaking possibilities, but hopefully the guys going for an overtake consider the other drivers in front of them. I have seen it a lot and also did it myself, overtook one guy and bumbed in the rear of the driver in front. I really hope for close and clean battles all race long.
See you on track.
Fastest lap yet: 1:36.3 but i think i can still improve a bit

Newy656

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Premium Member
May 18, 2015
One things for sure..... I won't be using softs for this one
tis very quiet in here:censored::unsure: ..where all these superfast supersecret lap times at?:rofl:
1.37s/ 38s here:( .i never really do TT as its not race conditions but theres some scary fast :stig: times in there:eek:
Yer TT feels very different to race conditions so I wouldn't think we will see them time's, race pace pretty much the same as yours but I'm still to do a full hour test race.

• Agree
Reactions: eaZed neptune

chasegaminguk

Formula Karter
Dec 24, 2017
Well just seen the weather for the race time to run a full hour session if I get a chance tonight see how the tyres hold up, although in testing I've done so far they seem to be behaving better than COTA, just need to see what times that equates to now as like you guys have said I can see this race being a lot closer than the first

Clank24401

AOR PC GT3 Am S8 Champion
Oct 31, 2017
Looks like it's going to be a close one this week, I'm just looking forward to actually racing you guys this time :D

I'm able to lap 37s/38s consistently, but the tyres get so hot, really starting to slide after 15-20 laps, end of the race should definitely be interesting. I'm struggling with engine temperatures too, no matter what I do to the radiator the engine just keeps overheating, hoping it doesn't blow up as I've got a lot of work to do to catch @fireflaai :p

I never bother to practice for qualifying, I think stability, consistency and race pace is so much more important. If I had to guess I would say quali will be 36s maybe some high 35s, but only from the frontrunners.

• Agree
Reactions: eaZed neptune

PoL

Pro Karter
Feb 19, 2018
Is there a practice race or practice session tonight that anybody wants to host or will everyone be doing solo practice?

fireflaai

PC GT3 S9 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 11, 2018
I challenge anyone to drive the race of softs, who will then from that point on be called "Mr. Marshmallow".

Great idea, right?

Reactions: Newy656

tpmasta

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 11, 2018
Is there a practice race or practice session tonight that anybody wants to host or will everyone be doing solo practice?
There is a practice race tonight. Go check the community events.

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
WEATHER UPDATE:

Due to a possible link between changing weather and Lobby splits / DC's we have decided to change tonight's race weather to just 1 slot of: CLEAR

We will continue to test this, but from previous races, there is a chance that the changing weather may be causing connection issues.
Previous weather was:
Clear > Light Cloud > Clear
So changing to just Clear has very little affect, but potentially provides a more stable lobby.

Thanks

PoL

Pro Karter
Feb 19, 2018
@AndrexUK - Thanks for the update.

Unfortunately there were no humans racing only a bunch of bots doing 1.36's
1.38+ makes me feel way too out of place for the league, but its fine I'll keep racing because my wife agreed i can get time off to play games (yippeee).
Good luck tonight guys. I'm gonna try to 1 stop for feul and tyres to try and shed a second from my base laptime and hopefully not get lapped.

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
@AndrexUK - Thanks for the update.

Unfortunately there were no humans racing only a bunch of bots doing 1.36's
1.38+ makes me feel way too out of place for the league, but its fine I'll keep racing because my wife agreed i can get time off to play games (yippeee).
Good luck tonight guys. I'm gonna try to 1 stop for feul and tyres to try and shed a second from my base laptime and hopefully not get lapped.
Believe me, you don't want make a pitstop. It will be much much slower, you're not able to make up the time you lose in the pit.

• Agree
Reactions: Ironik and Nagrom

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Tires should last without too much problem (as long as you are running with about 1.9 bar pressure and approx 90-100c temps.
You should certainly be able to race for 1 hour on a tank (I used about 95L in last nights run in the M6. It never works out faster to have to add fuel in a stop compared to the small advantage of less weight.
As a general rule, don't plan to stop, unless you really have too.
I though Dubai's temp would melt the tires, but it actually feels no problem at all.