AOR GT3 S9 PC Semi-Pro Round 2: Dubai International - 07.03.18 @8pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 S9 PC Semi-Pro Round 2: Dubai International - 07.03.18 @8pm

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
As a side note to the potential DC's / Lobby splits.
Remember to keep continue racing, as it's possible the lobby has split into 2 lobbies, and we can work out the finish times / positions.

If it does split, please take a screenshot of the finishing positions (make sure there is one per lobby)

fireflaai

PC GT3 S9 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 11, 2018
As a side note to the potential DC's / Lobby splits.
Remember to keep continue racing, as it's possible the lobby has split into 2 lobbies, and we can work out the finish times / positions.

If it does split, please take a screenshot of the finishing positions (make sure there is one per lobby)
I can understand this would be a solution if the lobby splits near the end, but what if it splits in the middle?

I would be very weird to restart after a few laps because this would be extremely dissapointing for those who rightfully earned positions up until the split (not to mention the lobby can split again after a retry). And to keep racing in a split lobby immensely skews the results because you're practically fighting against half a field of ghosts.

Unfortunately, I cannot think of a good solution either.

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Good point, and also True, but everyone is in the same position.
Not great when one split lobby is a lot smaller than the other, but we can't really do anything about how they split :(

Essentially, as long as ppl are still racing, carry on to the end. If ppl actually DC, then it needs to follow the normal Mass DC process.

I kind of expect it to happen (maybe only 1 Tier, maybe all 4...) but it is only 1 hour. So I would advise to go to the end, unless your Tier Cod says otherwise.
We really don't want to have to re-run any races afterwards, as it makes a fair amount of mess.

KarnageUK

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 3, 2018
When racing I really only noticed a couple of racers lagging and jumping over the track no to much of a problem for mer that is

Newy656

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Premium Member
May 18, 2015
@Clank24401 might be out of the race tonight, my Oculus isn't working, if not I'll post before the race starts

EDIT: think it's sorted thanks to Ironic

Last edited:

Balemachine

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 12, 2018

Best race! Would be n1 if you guys share your thoughts on the highlights(description).
Was really pissed and down the hole race. After the accidents I spon two times and leaved the race.

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
Amazing race and even more amazing battle with @Painfulstorm almost all hour. And most important fair, just like at COTA, but hope we didnt have lag issues at this one. Thanks man again, my best race ever I think (and algarve endurance also)!!!

fireflaai

Jan 11, 2018
great race. @WhiteGhost2000 behind my ass the whole race until 10 minutes left. At some point I was expecting some crazy divebomb but that never came. It's crazy how closely matched we were in terms of pace. Also some people in top5 were right behind us for a long time.

Here is my buttclenching moment of the race when lapping a car:

I should've made my intentions clear. Sorry about the suicidal move. I was under much pressure!! Thanks for barely avoiding a collision @Masesox

Last edited:

fireflaai

Jan 11, 2018

Best race! Would be n1 if you guys share your thoughts on the highlights(description).
Was really pissed and down the hole race. After the accidents I spon two times and leaved the race.
I feel you man, these kind of divebombs are not fun. It is entirely the other racer's responsibility to avoid contact. I wish you better luck for the next races.

• Friendly
Reactions: Balemachine

eaZed neptune

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jun 22, 2016
need to say sorry to everyone for the 2nd pile up when i hit you @Cravgar so much goin on and i id just got through the 1st crash i saw you on left but i was carrying more speed as you had just set off from previous incident.
i thought you was holding middle line at 1st and then i realised too late you where coming over and hit your rear right wheel .im not sure how much damage you took but sorry for the knock. i was ok myself at that point but was in a spin and stopped in the path of @areqq and everyone behind and then all hell broke loose. me and areqq got hit hard in the crash and went flying as nobody had anywhere to go .really sorry to everyone involved .was last thing i wanted and was honestly trying to just stay out of trouble and just get through the 1st incident.
regarding stewards enquiries as im sure there will be some .ill put my pov together and if im (tagged) /needed ill submit it in there no problem at all as i was involved in the 2nd crash
really sorry again guys and @KarnageUK :sorry: .we were so close on pace at that time and having some good racing like last week and i run out of room and went too deep.
shocking race by me tbh feel like ive let the side down this week..:(
congrats to the winners though (y)
see you all at the red bull ring

Reactions: areqq

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
Start of the race..

Tbh it kinda takes the fun out of racing when within half a lap there has been 5 crashes around you and you need to dodge cars left, right and centre. After two laps my car was so bad that a needed to pit to fix damage. So already a lap down and after 25mins I decided to retire to the pit.

I can't really see any fun in this league because people drive like they stole their cars. So one more race like this and I am pulling out of this league. So much more I can do with my time, than spending an hour getting crashed in to.

Last edited:

PoL

Pro Karter
Feb 19, 2018
I was lucky enough to get only 1% damage from all the lap 1 incidents. After that me and @chasegaminguk had it out for the rest of the hour. Nice race bro!

I had lots of fun, but i'm considering a stewards enquiry because on his stream he said "I pushed him wide to be fair", but you know what - i'll chalk it down to a racing incedent - just be kinder to me next week aight!

FYI i did no stops and 1.39 race pace and did NOT get lapped by the leader WOOHOO! VICTORY!

areqq

GP2 Test Driver
Sep 22, 2016
Totally below expectations. Unfortunate spin of my team mate @eaZed neptune in front of me on 1st lap and another guys who crashed into me. I was flyin for a while there :D lost the bonnet and front bumper so pit was needed. Then alone racing and blue flags. I was counting on changing weather to low the front tyre temps a bit but late change of rules didn't let me to use this. No points finally...

• Friendly
Reactions: eaZed neptune

chasegaminguk

Formula Karter
Dec 24, 2017
I was lucky enough to get only 1% damage from all the lap 1 incidents. After that me and @chasegaminguk had it out for the rest of the hour. Nice race bro!

I had lots of fun, but i'm considering a stewards enquiry because on his stream he said "I pushed him wide to be fair", but you know what - i'll chalk it down to a racing incedent - just be kinder to me next week aight!

FYI i did no stops and 1.39 race pace and did NOT get lapped by the leader WOOHOO! VICTORY!
Watched back my replay and stream and I was sweating just watching some of our scraps, back and forth for the whole race! You can have all the space you like next week I have to work nights :(
All jokes aside, last thing I want to do is ruin other peoples races so I'll always look at what I can do to become a better racer.

• Friendly
Reactions: PoL and Noztra

PoL

Pro Karter
Feb 19, 2018
Watched back my replay and stream and I was sweating just watching some of our scraps, back and forth for the whole race! You can have all the space you like next week I have to work nights :(
All jokes aside, last thing I want to do is ruin other peoples races so I'll always look at what I can do to become a better racer.
I like you! I like your stream. I still made a stewards enquiry though. See you in a few weeks then

Clank24401

AOR PC GT3 Am S8 Champion
Oct 31, 2017
Good race guys, great fun and despite the incidents at the start it was pretty clean.

Qualifying went decent, 2 tenths quicker than my best in practice but only good enough for 12th.

Had a pretty good start and went round the outside of a couple of people at turn 1, was on the inside for turn 2 but somehow I got spun around. I have to say it was great fun battling my way back through the field, I got to race a lot of you last night.

I made my way back up to 8th, and then realised there was more than 20 seconds to 7th! So I just kept it clean and brought it home in 8th, bit of a shame as my pace at the end was as good as the frontrunners.

Thankfully there was no lobby splits or disconnects which is great, hoping it stays that way for the next one. :)